Infrastructure Engineer (ICT)
LAN,WAN infrastructure set-up
Africa Online Zimbabwe
From November 2008
Responsibilities and duties;
• Project management. (Identifying personnel, manpower tools and equipment required as well setting/giving timelines for the same.)
• Supervising and supporting all projects namely UHF, WIMAX, VSAT C-Band and KU-Band (iDirect /Hughes modems) for clients and the gateway dish as well as fiber link for the back haul. Coordinates and monitoring contractors providing services and advising management, for example Transmedia, Africom, Telco, PowerTel and Global Sat as well as Sky vision.
• New product development namely: Secure VPN, GPRS, fax to email, and managed security to name but a few.
• Advises management and the executives on licensing issues and/or contract requirements.
• Mitigates on all infrastructure challenges and power outages.
• Maintenance on all VSATs including the gateway orbital dish 3.7 meters.
• Generating reports for the abovementioned tasks as well as updating the network topology diagrams.
• Structured cabling.(LAN) and Wireless LAN.
• Desktop support for internal and external customers as well as coordinating with Key Account Managers on network problems.
• Implemented methodologies to achieve Tier 1 ISP status.
• NOC supervision and monitoring.
Acting Manager Projects
June 2008 - November 2008
Installation of base stations for broadband radios plus microwave radio systems.
• Structured cabling.(LAN) and WAN
PowerTel Communication Project Technician
Responsibilities and duties;
• Supervising and leading project team on all fiber and broadband radio networks.
• Mitigating on all power challenges during outages.
• Lead project team stringing fiber on high voltage pylons.
• Managed projects to ensure availability of resources to meet timelines.
• Coordinates with service providers and/or contractors to ensure good working relationship with the same as well ensuring that they meet set timelines.
• Installed SDH and CDMA 2000 systems.
• Worked to meet ISO 9001 certification.
TelOne P/ L
Responsibilities and Duties;
• Installing underground cables copper and cable network planning.
• Installing fixed telephone lines as well as wireless phones (wireless loop narrow band).
• Installing and maintenance of P.A.B.X systems.
• Acting Chief Technician External Plant for Warren Park Exchange delegating to Senior Technician and Mechanics.
• Planning of the underground cable network (copper)
I managed to provide wifi for University of Zimbabwe Medical School.The hotspot is servicing 3500 people. This includes student Doctors,administrators as well as their visitors.I used Wavion 2400 WBS radios plus Access Points namely Bullets M2.
I was involved in the installation and commissioning of this transmission system in Harare,Norton Kadoma,Kwekwe and Gweru-Zimbabwe whilst working for PowerTel Communications Zimbabwe.
Was the leading engineer in the installations of the base stations as well as rigging at PowerTel Communications.
Qualifications & Certifications
City and Guilds of London Institute
Applied Information Technology
University of Zimbabwe
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more