Vast experience in Management/Incharge Projects = Well experience in managing big warehouses – handle with more than 900 different products – experienced in import and export documentation – handling more than 25 containers per day – experience in JAFZ documentation & Customs formalities – Basic knowledge of LC – Making good relation with customers, colleague, etc – Corresponding with customers and other authorities through e-mail, phone calls, etc – Well versed in all computer applications – and others….
Logistics / Warehouse Manager
October 2010 - April 2013
Main Responsibilities :
Rania AlDowaliya General Trading LLC - Purchasing, Sales & Logistics commodities of Sugar, Rice, Sunflower Oil, etc.
Rhine Air Cargo LLC - Shipping, Clearing & Forwarding of Air & Sea
IKON Petroleum - Ship Charter, Shipping, Storage Tank Rental and Logistics for Oil Products
Baziyat Trading FZCO - All kind of Jebel Ali / Freezone Dealings
Logistics / Store Executive
S S Lootah Group
February 2006 - September 2010
• Follow-up with Suppliers for shipment documents, Agents commission, etc.
• Preparation of Quotations, Invoices, Tenders, Offers and Purchase Orders.
• Liaising with Shipping Companies / Port & customs and other local authorities.
• Locating suppliers, sourcing materials & preparing LPO.
• Negotiating freight rates and assisting in other logistic activities.
• Preparing import, export & internal transfer documentation like invoicing, delivery notes.
• Submitting LPO’s ,credit notes and list of fixed assets
• Handling weekly reports on progress of the work.
• Coordination of daily works with the other departments
• Booking the transport and directing and monitoring the delivery.
• Sea / Air Shipment booking, freight negotiating, tracking, clearing and delivery
• Preparing Monthly Sales report
CHINAMEXMART FZ Co
September 2004 - December 2005
The Company: Chinamexmart FZCO is a historic joint venture between Chinese and Dubai Governments. It is the largest Chinese trade hub for Chinese products outside China, with the facilities of 4000 shops, 45000 sq. metre Warehouse and accommodation facility for 7000 Chinese business men. Shipping volume is around 500 x 40' containers import per month, 200 of which is re-exported.
Position: Logistics Executive
Duration: 04th September, 2004 to 31st December 2005
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Negotiation with Shipping Corporates on Contracts and special dealings.
• Guided the top management with timely project reports, researches and analyses on various logistic areas including launching an exclusive logistic company, storage, transportation & vehicle management, special contracts, recruitment, bilateral dealings, purchase etc.
• Coordinate with Shipping agents and customers regarding the Routing of Shipments, Rates, Shipment Status etc.
• Streamlined activities of the 45000 sq. meter Warehouse with two key subordinates and managed the warehouse with 75 staff.
• Actively involved in purchases with all formalities.
• Identify customer requirements, attend Customer complaints, handling the remedies, arrange various facilities of special clearance, special storage etc.
• Vehicles Management - manage more than 25 various types of vehicles, arrange the drivers to achieve timely delivery and other related jobs.
• Warehouse Incharge - newly constructed warehouse with 30,000 Sq.m area. Arranged to setup this new warehouse from racking until to store the cargoes and manage the warehouse with complete activities.
Reason for Leaving: The project is over and major logistic activities given to other shipping agents on contract.
Warehouse Incharge cum Logistics Co-ordinator
EMPIRE SHIPPING SERVICES L.L.C
February 2004 - August 2004
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Dealing the import and export 0f LCL/FCL containers
• Processing all kind of documentation for export and import in JAFZ.
• Dealing with Customs Officials and Dubai Port Authority Officers.
• Coordinate with clients and customers.
• Coordinate with International Affiliates for the Routing of Shipments, Rates, Shipment Status etc.
• Generating B/L, Notifying Arrivals, Issuing B/L, D/O, gate Pass etc.
• Attending Customer complaints and handling the remedies.
• Coordinate with Operations, Warehouse, Transportation etc for the delivery on time.
Reason for Leaving: Unable to obtain new visa and the expecting warehouse not sanctioned in Jebel Ali Free Zone.
Container Terminal Operator in Jeddah Islamic Port
NORTH CONTAINER TERMINAL
October 1999 - January 2004
OCTOBER 1999 TO JANUARY 2004
North Container Terminal was newly started during Oct-1999 with 8 Gantry cranes 20
R T Gs with huge capacity yard for container and cargo stacking.
➢ I was assigned to monitor all functions and systems of Container Freight Station (CFS) Warehouses to run smoothly.
➢ Incharge of 4 Warehouses each 10,000 sqm. Capacity of various types such as Hazardous shed, high value cargo shed, Reefer warehouses, etc. Main functions are strip and locate the cargo from container, arrange for Customs inspection and delivery
➢ Check the manifest data and all other manifest related works.
➢ Collecting all the relevant documents for clearing & forwarding of Import/Export.
➢ Control and dealing all the activities of Bill of lading, Delivery order, etc. of cargo and containers in yard & Warehouses.
➢ Preparing of custom documents like Bill of Entry / Shipping Bill for customs clearance & forwarding
➢ Preparing of Invoice's / Packing List. Preparing of pre/post shipment documents
➢ Documents to arrange accordingly to letter of credit (L.C.)
➢ Preparing of stuffing and de-stuffing instruction
➢ Communicating, negotiating with custom department
➢ Preparing the necessary documentation as per the custom required.
➢ Attending all the seminars conduct by custom department
➢ Transcription. Correspondence of letters, e-mails and faxes
➢ Maintaining good relation with customers
➢ Yard Planning:- 4 years assigned the Yard Planning job under my control. The nature of work is to plan the Booked Container in system "Sparc" according to Yard Capacity, Container size and Warehouse yard capacity.
6. GULF STEVEDORING CONTRACTING CO. LTD
Container Terminal Operator in Jeddah Islamic Port
GULF CONTAINER TERMINAL (GCT)
October 1996 - October 1999
SENIOR SUPERVISOR in the Customs Exam Department
In-charge of CEMO (Customs Exam Management Office), which is consisting of Exam Manager Office, Deputy Manager Office, 2 Section Manager Offices, Secretarial Office and Yard Planning.
Execution of secretarial and supervisory works pertinent to the offices of CEMO. Supervisory function over 1 Supervisor, 2 Senior Clerks, 1 Junior Clerk and 3 Yard Planners.
Supervisory functions over time-keeping (nearly 1,500 employees), Yard container movement staff, preparation of container handling statistics, Maintaining of record of manpower status, Preparation of stock control of consumable goods such as Tarpaulin, Nylon Rope, Mask, Gum tape, Gloves etc and Cooper gears, and stationary items.
Coordinating with Claims Department.
Additionally, Preparing of Accidents and Incidents reports pertaining to cargo, container, vehicles and property damage within Customs Exam Department area limit.
February 1994 - October 1996
Senior Supervisor in the Customs Exam Management Office
Duties are Payroll Maintenance of 2000+ employees of various nationalities, upkeep of Daily Departmental Statistics, Preparation of Daily Management Report, Upkeep of Analysis and being Personal Assistant-to-Assistant General Manager.
In addition to all above, In Charge of corporate Local and Overseas Purchases in the Purchasing Department (A sub-department of Customs Exam). Duties are calling of quotations locally and overseas. Maintenance of a database Suppliers, prices etc and placing of orders and checking all invoices against Orders/prices.
March 1993 - January 1994
March 1992 - February 1993
Foreman in the Customs Exam Department
MARINE TRANSPORT INTERNATIONAL CO. LTD
April 1990 - October 1996
(Container Terminal Operator in Jeddah Islamic Port)
Duration: FROM APRIL 1990 TO OCTOBER 1996
Foreman in the Customs Exam Department The duties involved were Labour Management in the Customs Exam yards where all containers are Stripped and repacked for customs inspection, Time Keeping of gang Labourers, Preparing of Statistics of Gang Productivity and preparation of Exceptional Reports. The following promotions were achieved
November 1990 - February 1992
Clerk - Duties
July 1987 - February 1990
were Airline Ticketing, Preparation of Visa and application mainly for persons proceeding for overseas employment.
Independently handled all office correspondence.
March 1986 - June 1987
In charge of operating and scheduling a fleet of 10 Tourist Coaches, which were operated by this company to cater to local, foreign tourists and organisations for sightseeing tours all over India.
Higher speed Typewriting in English
Qualifications & Certifications