i have currently completed my articles and in teh process of ebing an admitted attorney. i do enjoy my profession but wish to expand and grow my capabilities. i intend on doing a teaching degree through unisa in the year 2015 but wish to gain experience in field in teh interim
BOTHA TONKIN JOHNSON/ Y.JOHNSON
January 2012 - December 2013
Responsibilities: - Drafting of all legal documents and Pleadings.
- Court Appearances.
- Briefing counsel
- Giving of legal advice to clients.
- Consulting with clients.
- Legal Research
- Negotiating and Mitigating litigation matters.
Employer: ISMAIL & DAHYA ATTORNEYS
Position held: Attorney ( in process of admission)
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY (Cont.)
ADDITIONAL: - Shadowing of a prosecutor in the Benoni Magistrates court for a period of 6
Assisting a High Court Judge in various matters that have been adjudicated on in the court.
Primary School: Head Girl ( Head of all Prefects)
High School: Member of the SRC.
INTERESTS, HOBBIES AND A LITTLE INSIGHT
• Im a lover of books and litreture.
• I enjoy creative writing.
• I enjoy the outdoors and love exploring, trying out new adventures.
• From a tender age I've always seeked adventure, challenge and opportunity. I look for ways and means of self growth and development.
• Life to me is a world of possibilities and I truly believe that the sky is the limit. Like everyone else I have goals. But my main aim in life to gain as
much experience as I can, to absorb as much as life has to offfer.
• I am very passionate about my career, law has always been in my
blood. I strive to learn, progress and aid others to the best of my ability.
• I am always open to new experiences and learning from others inorder to grow.
• I am a people's person. I enjoy interacting with differrent people. It
gives me the opportunity to gain insight in their way of thinking and their outlook.
• My Motto: There's no end to learning, no stop to experience, nothing
stops you from achieving that which you set out. If you adapt a positive
attitude towards those around you and be headstrong in what you
want, the sky could not only be your limit but also yor point of view.
Dates of Service
Responsibilities: - Drafting of legal documents under supervision.
- Service and filing of legal documents
- Giving of Legal Advice to clients under supervision
- Consulting with counsel under supervision
- Sitting in trials and court proceedings.
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY (Cont.)
Teller, managing others, Suopervisory duties
PICCADILLY FASHION OUTLET
Responsibilities: Managing of money
Supervising other tellers
Dictating tasks to others
Overseeing that tasks carried out efficiently.
Employer: Pillay & Associates
Position Held: Vacation work. Legal Assistant
Qualifications & Certifications
LAW SOCIETY OF NOTHERN PROVINCES
University Of Johannesburg