Chief Chemist In Al Dur Power & Water Plant, Bahrain For Last Three Years
Manageing Chemical Dept. & Laboratory of Large Power(GT,ST,Combined Cycle) & Desalination(MSF,MED,RO) and Potabelization Plant
EPC Contractor is HUNDAI HEAVY INDUSTRIES (HHI), KORIA, Technical Consultant Degremont
From July 2010
Jul 2010 - Present Al Ezzel O&M Co. WLL. an IPR- GDF Suez Group of Co. in Al Dur Power & Water Plant, Bahrain Manama, Bahrain
Site: AL DUR IWPP in BHARAIN with Al Ezzel O&M, IPR-GDF Suez Group, with Integrated Management System e.g. EN ISO 9002:2008, BS OHSAS 18001:2007 & EN ISO 14001:2004 with capacity of 1352 MWH Combined Cycle GT: 202 MWH X 4 (GE 9FA), STG: 272 MWH X 2, HRSG: 444 T/H, 92 Bar X 541o C X 4 Units POWER and 2,18,000 m3/day(48 MIGD) WATER (26 RO Trains) production, with DCS controlled DM , WWTP, STP, & CO2 Plant(850 Kgs/Hr), EPC Contractor is HUNDAI HEAVY INDUSTRIES (HHI), KORIA, Technical Consultant Degremont-France, supplying Power & Water to Bahrain Electricity & Water Authority(EWA). Our company got 25 years O&M contact for this plant and own 45% share of this plant.
Designation Chief Chemist-Head Of Chemical Section of the Plant
* Being the Chief of Chemical Dept holding full responsibility in smooth running of the Power & RO Plant.
* Includes both Administrative, Analytical responsibilities. Yearly budget preparation of Chemical consumption for the whole plant.
* Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the plant running condition and chemical dosing. Maintain appropriate record of chemical plant activities.
* To observe and guide the implementation of work safety procedure and practice.
* As an approved IMS Implimentor(Intigrated Management System e.g. ISO 9002, 18000 &14001) and ISO Internal Auditor for the Group periodical Audit done to different section for IMS.
* Direct the implementation of established maintenance schedules and procedures to ensure effective chemical plant operation. Establish and initiate the annual and preventive maintenance of chemical plant.
* Review and recommend new plans, procedures and schedule for chemical plants, acid cleaning, boil out and laboratory etc.
* Prepare reports and appropriate recommendation to superior, to help evaluate progress and take appropriate action....
First National Operation & Maintenance Co
June 2009 - June 2010
(NOMAC, Saudi Arabia). Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Site: Shuqaiq-II, IWPP, Saudi Arabia with NOMAC (The First National Operation & Maintenance Company), owned by AQUA POWER, with capacity of 1020 MWH Power (3 X 340 MWH, Arabian Crud oil fired Steam Turbine with Forced Circulation of Boiler Water by BCP) and 48 MIGD water (16 RO plants) production, with DCS controlled DM , WWTP, STP, ESP, FGD & CO2 Plant(500 Kgs/hr), & FGD. EPC Contractor was MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES (MHI), JAPAN, Consultant is ILF, supplying Power & Water to Saudi Electric Company (SEC). Our company got 20 years O&M contact for this plant and own 45% share of this plant.
Designation Chief Chemist
* Being the Chief of Chemical Dept holding full responsibility in smooth running of the Power & RO Plant. Which
* Includes both Administrative, Analytical responsibilities including Yearly budget preparation of Chemical consumption for the whole plant.
* Preparation of Plan & Schedule for the procurement of each Chemical required for the Power & RO plant as per our Plant requirement, Storage capacity & space available in Chemical Store. We have established the monthly frequency of Tanker or Truck trip for each chemical as per our plant availability calculation.
* Sampling & Testing procedure of Incoming chemicals & raw materials and quality control before going to the process.
* Ensuring the quality of Potable Water before it going to the buyer, regular periodical Potable Water Quality Check schedule is established and strictly followed.
* Maintaining the quality of the WWTP Effluent and the Outfall water quality as per MEPA & PME. Resolving Environmental issues as per Saudi Govt. (PME & MEPA) & Bahrain local Authority rule.
* Giving Direction and implementing Corrective Action during abnormalities in Power, RO, WWTP, CO2 or any other Plant operation.
* Establishing Method & Procedures for Chemical Cleaning & Preservation for Both CTA and PA type of membrane. Performance...
August 2002 - May 2009
Sharjah, UAE, (SEAW, UAE) Sharjah, UAE
Site: Sharjah Electricity & Water Authority (SEWA), Layyah Power & Water Station, Sharjah, is an ISO 9001-2000 Company of Govt. of Sharjah, UAE producing water & electricity for the whole city of Sharjah having ELEVEN Desalination plants (MSF, MED & RO) of 66 MIGD water, EIGHT Steam Turbines & NINE Gas Turbines of 1200 MWH Power & SEVEN HRSGs in the complex.
Designation Sr. Chemist
* Supervision of POWER (ST, GT, HRSG, Combined Cycle) & DESALINATION (MSF, MED & RO) related analysis & their DOSING , TREMENT & CHEMICAL CLEANING & PRESERVATION of RO MEMBRANE.
* Personally Monitoring the Instrumental analysis in INDUCTIVELY COUPLED PLASMA SPECTROMETER (ICPS), ATOMIC ABSORPTION SPECTROMETER (AAS) and ION CHROMATOGRAPH(IC) of Boiler & Desal related samples, Raw materials, and Out Stations samples. Calibration of Instruments and documentation as per ISO 9001-2000.
* SUPERVISION and ANALYSIS OF ACID CLEANING OF DESAL (MSF, MED) CHEMICAL CLEANING OF RO AND ACID CLEANING of POWER PLANT.
* Analysis and control of the parameters of the Effluents, periodical reporting and assisting & satisfying the Environment Pollution control board Inspectors.
* Calibration of Lab Instruments & maintaining Records as per ISO 9001, Maintaining Log for each instruments & their performance Evolution.
* Preparation, Revision & Correction of all SOPs used in Chemical Lab and Inclusion of new Procedures as and when required.
* Establishing the procedure & schedule of In process Chemical preparation and Regular Quality Check & implementing any corrective measure required for any change in concentration of Chemical or change in dosing rate.
* Evaluation of Performance of RO Membrane before & after Each Chemical Cleaning and keeping the History of Membrane performance in its life period, suggesting reason for any abnormalities & fouling and also corrective action.
* Ensuring Potable water quality going to the Sharjah City &...
Indian Farmars & Fertilizer Corporation
March 2000 - May 2002
IFFCO (Formaly OCFL) Paradeep Port, Orissa, India
Site: Indian Farmers & Fertilizer Corporation, IFFCO, Paradeep, India, the Largest Phosphate Fertilizer Complex with POWER PLANTs in India with DAP Plants capacity of 1.92 million Ton/Year, Phosphoric Acid Plant of 3280 TPD Both of JACOB, USA Technology, Sulphuric Acid Plant of 3500 TPD of LURGY, GmbH, Germany technology.
POWER PLANTs of 110 MWH Steam Turbine by waste heat utilization of SAP, unique of its kind and 120 MWH coal fired AFBC Boiler. DCS controlled most modern DM plant.
Designation Sr. Chemist (Shift-in-Charge)
* As a Shift-in-Charge responsible for all analysis of the CENTRAL LAB and THREE SITE LABs as well as smooth running of both POWER PLANTs & Fertilizer Plants. Personally doing or Supervising all Instrumental analysis with AUTO ANALYSER, INDUCTIVELY COUPLED PLASMA SPECTROSCOPY (ICPS), and XRF in CENTRAL LAB. Cotrol of Three SITE LAB activities, reporting & communication with SITE LABs, PRODUCTION PLANTS and POWER PLANTS.
* Preparation of SOPs of both Power & Fertilizer Plant analysis including Environmental Analysis.
* Analysis of COAL, HFO, LFO, LUBE & TRANSFORMER OIL etc.
* Analysis and control of parameters of the Waste Water Treatment and Pollution control Plant round the clock and Satisfying the PCB norms and Sending periodical reports to PCB or assist the periodical PCB inspection and PCB inspectors.
* During Shift 12-15 Chemists used to work under my supervision.
* Experience in Fertilizer & POWER Plant related Environmental Analysis e.g. CO, SO2, NOX, SPM, RSPM & Analysis with HIGH VOLUME SAMPLER as per State & Central pollution control Board regulations.
Foreman (QC & Environment, Laboratory)
Indian Metals & Ferroalloys Ltd
March 1996 - February 2000
Largest Ferro Alloy Group in India, ELKEM- Norway Technology Therubali, Orissa
Designation Foreman (QC & Environment, Laboratory)
Spectrometer Analyst (Chemist for AAS Analysis), Laboratory
Joint Venture of Marubeni Corporation
May 1994 - February 1996
Japan & Bhutan Govt. it's Largest Plant, ELKEM- Nowray Technology
Designation Spectrometer Analyst (Chemist for AAS Analysis), Laboratory
* Both Wet analysis & Instrumental analysis in AAS of all types of Ferroalloys, Alloy Steel and their raw materials including COAL, HFO, LFO, POWER PLANT related analysis of Boiler Water, Cooling Water and Stack Gas analysis.
* Pollution control & Environmental analysis e.g. STACK GAS ANALYSIS of CO, SO2, NOX, SPM, RSPM etc. as per State and Central pollution control board regulations.
M/S. Shree Laminations Limited
May 1990 - March 1994
a Chemical Industry with Power Plant Kolaghat, West Bengal, India.
Designation Production Chemist
Worked as Production Chemist of the resin production plant. Responsible for Production and Analysis of resin production plant and POWER, BOILER, DM Plant, Effluent Treatment Plant and Pollution Control Plant of the Industry satisfying the norms set by the State Pollution Control Board and sending Monthly & Quarterly reports to PCB.
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Calcutta
University of Calcutta
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more