Secondary School Teacher
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
I am an Educator trained to teach Business Studies, Economics, EMS, and Life Orientation to Senior Phase and FET Phase.
BROOKLYN PRIMARY SCHOOL
From January 2014
I am an After Care Teacher at the school.
Economics and Management Science (EMS)
KLERKSDORP TECHNICAL HIGH SCHOOL
April 2013 - May 2013
to EIGHT Grade 8 classes. I am capable of teaching the following subjects as well: Business Studies, Economics, English and Life Orientation to Intermediate Phase, Senior Phase to FET Phase.
ISONDA TRAINING AND SKILLS DEVELOPMENT, Mafikeng
Chemical Industries Education & Training Authority
June 2012 - December 2013
Administrator - (Part-time Position)
Typing, collating and compiling training manuals, data capturing and maintaining of employee information and student records, invigilation and other general administrative duties.
Academic research assistant, assisting in writing reports about short courses our company offers. This company is an educational training service provider to universities, Department of Health, Chemical Industries Education & Training Authority, City Councils and other organisations.
PERPETUEL GLORY (PTY) LTD
October 2011 - May 2012
to women to be professional nail technicians/manicurists and the process of starting their own small business.
SHEGOP EDUCATIONAL SERVICES
January 2007 - July 2010
I provided induction training to new employees.
SHEGOP EDUCATIONAL SERVICES
January 2007 - July 2010
* I was the administrator for the Bookshop and Training Centre operating under Shegop Educational Services CC.
* Duties included: drawing up a business plan, managing 5 staff members, organizing employee records payroll function, tracking cash flow, creating training manuals & marketing and training staff.
Reason for Leaving: I got married and moved to Pretoria.
ALEXANDER FORBES FINANCIAL SERVICES
January 2006 - September 2006
* Drafting rules and amendments to Retirement Fund rules on the basis of instructions received from the retirement fund consultants.
* Communicating with Financial Services Board and SARS with regard to outstanding and problematic registrations and approvals.
Reason for Leaving: Travelled to UK.
Attorney Liaison Officer
June 2005 - December 2005
I worked in the Attorney Liaison Dept of Nedbank Home loans. I liaised with Nedbank Panel Attorneys to facilitate and speed up the bond registration process from the time home loans are granted to the time the bond has been registered at the Deeds Office. I also liaised with other internal departments to help the home loan registration process to become more efficient.
Reasons for Leaving: My 6 months employment contract ended.
Technical Call Center Consultant
October 2004 - November 2004
Troubleshooting American Online (AOL) client queries concerning internet access connectivity issues.
Reasons for Leaving: Lack of transport to go to work for nightshift.
June 2002 - December 2002
* MIS - Data extraction, manipulation, analysis, and developing reports for different customers using Crystal Reports and Excel. Data extraction was based on customer requirements or specifications.
* Ensuring timely delivery of reports to internal and external customers.
* Operational understanding of Nedcor's Service Center - this is the IT problem-logging system.
* Periodically testing the Graphic User Interface of this system and identifying problems or potential problems with the system.
I was the team's representative on all issues concerning the performance of the IT Service Center problem logging system.
Reason for Leaving: Job specifications were drastically changed without my consent.
Credit Risk Assessor
AMERICAN EXPRESS - NEDCOR, Braamfontein
May 2001 - June 2002
* Assessing Risk: This task entailed assessing the creditworthiness of personal card applicants, determining the risk involved for each application referred to me, approving or declining credit and charge card applicants, and referring suspicious applications to fraud detection officers. I also dealt with client queries involving the status of their cards.
* Performing Limit Increases or Declining Requests for Limit Increases: I determined the clients' affordability by their income, by obtaining bank codes on the clients' accounts, and by interpreting their financial statements. I determined the client's willingness to pay by credit bureau checks and bank records. I also checked the legalities of clients' requests. With a mandate of up to R30 000, I was able to decline / approve appealed applications and also approve or decline requests for limit increases.
I developed and designed a Standard Operating Procedure Document for the American Express Credit department which was used as a training guide for new employees and as a reference guide.
Reason for Leaving: Transferred to another division of Nedcor.
Qualifications & Certifications
Education and Learners
Early Childhood Development
WITWATERSRAND (WITS) BUSINESS SCHOOL
Marketing and Management
UNIVERSITY OF NATAL
BRETTONWOOD HIGH SCHOOL
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more