Senior Instrumentation Engineer
Sub: Application for the post of Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer
With reference to your notification for job opening in your organization for E&I department. I would like to apply for the post you have openings.
I have completed my graduation in M.B.A (Project Management), B.E (Electronic Instrumentation Engineering), and have hands on above 10 years’ experience in E&I Control field through M/s Lamprell Energy Ltd, M/s Exterran Belleli Energy through Prime 4 Inspection at Dubai, M/s Petroserv Control and Communication at Qatar, M /s WorleyParsons at India, M/s Punj Lloyd Ltd. at Qatar, M/s Chemin C&I Pvt. Ltd at India.
The attached resume list full details about me. I will take up the job with great sense of responsibility and enjoy the challenges of the new environment. Looking forward for your kind reply.
Post Applied for E&I Engineer / E&I QC Inspector
Expected CTC: Negotiable
Notice Period: One Month
Years of experience: above 10 Years
Mobile Number: +971 - 502515114
Current Organization: M/s Lamprell Energy Ltd
P. Muthukumaran B.E, M.B.A.,
GSM: - +971 - 502515114
Lamprell Energy Ltd
From August 2012
ConocoPhillips Petroleum Company UK Limited
February 2012 - July 2012
Location: Dubai, UAE.
Ensuring Mechanical Completion and Pre-commissioning activities associated with the scope of work & Provide technical support to commissioning, operating procedures and troubleshooting & start up work by coordinating with EPC Contractor and PMC team, which the job includes start up and commissioning.
• Review Vendor and Shipyard technical Hazardous area document, data sheet, drawing for Marine and Topside system.
• Review technical details of apparatus, Cable and Glands for use in Hazardous area in accordance with type of protection in relation to the area classification, temperature classification, Gas Group. Review as per IEC-60079 and ATEX standard of Technical document, Drawing and comment (ATEX) Hazardous area in Marine and Topside.
• Attending QC/Project meetings to ensure quality & client requirements.
• Reviewing project specification, Drawings, Data sheets and Vendor manuals and identifying system/sub-system limits, mark-up on P&IDs and SLDs. Preparation and Review of Inspection & Test Plan (ITP), Inspection report forms, Procedures and submittals. Preparation of method statement / Construction procedure for E&I activities.
• Monitor Sub-Contractor's Quality system, ITP, Procedure and records for compliance with project requirement.
• Proposed effective and practical solutions including implications. Developed staffing plans, work schedules and time lines. Reviewed project reports and schedule status at each phase. Ensured quality of work to meet standards during execution.
• Assisting in Preparation of Construction schedules, Progress monitoring. Participation in preparation of change orders (Remedial works, Variation order, Day work orders, Prime cast items)
• Participated in weekly review meetings with customers and contractors, reported weekly progress and addressed critical issues to Project Manager of our EPMC.
• Performing walk down and following the punch list clearance for Systems & taking...
Senior Project Engineer
August 2011 - January 2012
Petroserv Controls and Communication-Qatar
• Project Management which includes overall management of the Contract, forming of multi-disciplinary task force and allocate manpower for each discipline in consultation with departmental heads and obtain approval from management.
• Co-ordination with vendors on procurement issues. Co-ordination with site for clarifications. Direct construction supervision at sites for Fabrication & Erection, Testing & commissioning, Site Acceptance Test, Overseeing site Pre-commissioning & Commissioning activities.
• Review and approval of project As- Built drawings, Overseeing compilation of project close out dossiers, Quality planning and performance of quality control activities et c..
E&I Engineer Project
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
April 2009 - August 2011
Apr 09 - Aug 11 WorleyParsons Sea India Private Limited
Position: E&I Engineer Project: Guru Gobind Singh Refinery Product Evacuation Project.
Client: Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited Location: Punjab (Bhatinda), India.
• Executed Electrical and Instrumentation projects for power Gas Pipeline Project smoothly without cost and time overruns.
• Certified the installation test records & as-built drawings. Regularly inspected the incoming materials and conducted site construction surveillance.
• Carried out works like installation of PLC Panel, SCADA and Telecom Panel, Fire and Gas Panels, Public Alarm System, Clean Agent System, Motor Control Valves, Pumps, Density Meter, Surge Relief Valves, Pig Launcher Receiver, level gauges, Temperature transmitter, Pressure transmitters, Cathodic Protection, Flow Control Valves, Flow and Differential Pressure transmitters, Cable tray support installation, Power & Signal Cable Laying.
• Experience in erection of HT & LT switchgear, Plant lighting & earthing, Building lighting and lighting protection, Local control Station for motor, welding sockets, pumps etc.,
• Experience in erecting and commissioning of 415V Switchgear, 125KVA DG set, MCC1&2, 48V DC UPS, 2x35KVA AC UPS Panels and Battery Bank Installations. Experience in H.T and L.T cable laying and termination up to 11 KVA.
• Experience in erection of Telecom Field Instruments and Grid & Earth pit Installation Works. Coordinated the OFC Splicing and OTDR, Telecom Rack Installation and Commissioning. Developed systems for monitoring and control of inventory of Contractors.
• Led the loop checking teams; identified punch points and fixed them ahead of walk through with client.
Senior Instrumentation Engineer
August 2007 - February 2009
Aug 07 - Feb 09 PUNJLLOYD LIMITED, QATAR
Position: Senior Instrumentation Engineer Project: EPIC Gas Pipeline Relocation Project.
Client: Qatar Petroleum Location: Doha, Qatar.
• Supervision of Cable Tray work, fabrication of racks, all type of cabling, Control panel erection and Impulse pipe line works, Vibration Instrument Erection.
• Witnessing of Calibration of field instruments and witnessing loop checking and commissioning of various automation systems.
• Coordination during pre-commissioning, commissioning, Start up. Vendor performance monitoring, related Preventive/ Corrective actions.
• Review/ comments drawings/ documents submitted by consultant/ various vendors/contractor for timely completion of the project.
• Defining Scope of Work and forwarding weekly progress report to Planning Department. Contractor's Bill Certification and Material reconciliation for all the Projects handled.
• Review contractors Quality Control Procedure (QCP), Inspection Test Plan (ITP) & Method Statement. Installation, Testing and commissioning of Instrumentation control system like DCS, PLC with Electronics field instrumentation, loop checking, cable scheduling, Etc.
• Planning and Execution of Erection, commissioning Testing activities in control systems& field instruments.
• Erection and installation of all Instrument and Control panel in control Building. Loop checking of instrument through DCS installed in field as per given schedule.
• Witnessing of Calibration of Foxboro, Rosemount, makes PT, TT, FT, Pressure gauge, Temp gauge, and control valve.
• Upgrading Engineering Department at Head Office with Progress Reports, changes/Amendments in drawings, Inventory status and Material Requirement at site.
April 2004 - August 2007
• 1*250 MW THERMAL POWER PLANTS at Parli. (Near Maharashtra) - India.
• THIRUMALAI CHEMICAL PVT LTD, Ranipet - India.
• GE INDIA INDUSTRIAL PVT.LTD, (BENTLY NEVADA) New Delhi - India.
• Planning and Execution of Boiler, station C & I Erection and commissioning Testing activities in control systems& field instruments.
• Planning and Execution of Vibration Instrument Calibration, Erection and commissioning Testing activities in control systems& field instruments.
• Commissioning of control valves, Motorized valves, field instruments. Erection & commissioning of Instrumentation work for R&D PILOT PLANT PROJECT.
• Assembling, Testing, Calibration, installation, loop checking and Commissioning, Trouble shooting of all kinds pneumatic and electronic instruments, connect with various flow level pressure, temperature and PG Test.
• Preparation of site-specific procedures for control & instrumentation activities.
• Marking the locations of field Instruments (PI, TI, TE, TT, PT, FT, Junction Boxes, Local Instrument Enclosure & Racks) & supervised the field instruments installation works. Impulse Line Pressure is testing, Airline leak testing and Witnessing of Calibration of field instruments.
• Maintaining cable route schedule, impulse line slope as per document. Involved in Erection & Testing Activities of Fire Alarm Instrument.
• Good Knowledge of Fiber Optic Cable Testing, Splicing & Laying, End to End Test and Panel Termination loop Testing. Instruments Maintenance and Modification activities carried out of field Instrument.
• Involved in YOKOGAWA & MAX DNA DCS, MAX DPU TOOLS, MAXVUE EDITOR & DCS Networking in power plant Project.
• Hands on experience in calibration of field instruments.
• Transmitters HART (Type: - Rosemount 415 Field Communicator) Flow, Pressure and Temperature used are Rosemount, Honeywell & Yogagawa. Level Transmitters used are E&H, Rosemount, Nivolec and Nivometer. Pressure gauges, DP...
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Alagappa
Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
Arunai Engineering College, University of Madras
Kumaran Polytechnic College
Chemin Institute of Instrumentation Management Pvt. Ltd
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more