I was working in traffic management and traffic safety projects in Sweden and Sudan, also I have worked as lecturer at Khartoum University, Civil Engineering Dept (traffic engineering subject, fifth class)
Khartoum State Government
Responsible of roads traffic flow and safety management
• Detecting traffic violations such as over speeding and running red light violation automatically, ITS applications
• Preparing for real time traffic information system to be promoted over the phone and the web
• Giving some security enhancement for Police forces in Khartoum state, by using CCTVs and incident management system
• Preparing for controlling the traffic signals in Khartoum state remotely from the traffic control center
• Guiding vehicles drivers with real time traffic information through variable message signs (LEDs)
of interiors traffic safety meeting in Moscow, Russia 2009,
• Checking national highways in Sudan regarding safety audits and compare them with standard specifications, and providing reports showing the problems and suggested solutions;
o Using GPS taking all national roads paths and converting into digital format maps
o Observing and taking points of safety problem in all national roads network using GPS (points of accidents repetitions, points of wild animal crossing roads, points of curves have errors in design such as "improper banking angle, speed sign not posting, road markings not exist, shoulder not exist, etc")
o Observing and taking all points of villages, inhabitants activities such as (cultivation, agriculture), highway police stations, ambulances stations, emergency hospitals, etc, beside all national highway roads networks.
o Preparing reports for authorities related to do their responsibilities regarding the mentioned up observations.
• Preparing many studies for some states and cities to come up with better traffic flow and safety levels, for example preparation of Traffic Management plan for Portsudan city (Red Sea State), for short and long term scenarios, preparing traffic management study for Obeid city (North Kordofan State), evaluating roads network in the city, evaluating roads pavements, determining intersections need traffic signal installations, setting plans for managing traffic in the city center (changing some roads to one way concepts, providing proper parking, proper access, etc)
• Member of technical committee for execution of Khartoum State structural map for the 25 coming years.
• Member of technical committee of traffic master plan project for Khartoum State, part of Khartoum State structural map;
o Choosing locations and preparing plans for traffic surveys (traffic counting, traffic classification, Origin - Destination surveys, drivers and occupants questionnaire, public transport statistics, etc)
o Coordinating between...
• Traffic Engineer at ESD consultancies and services corporation, consulting multi millions dollars project of new roads construction and roads rehabilitation in Khartoum state (2006 - 2009):
o Reviewing roads design;
o Planning for road construction, rehabilitation works with contractors and clients;
o Coordinate between different parts, governmental and private sectors for all roads works;
o Observing and consulting all road construction procedure series with contractors (surveying, setting alignment, sub-base works, base works, pavement construction, traffic signs installation, and road marking works, etc);
Head of Traffic Engineering Administration
Traffic Police Directorate
Responsible of roads traffic flow and safety management
• Following and consulting the execution of Traffic Control Center for Khartoum State;
o Executive manager of the project execution
o Member of committee prepared the RFP for the project
o Member of committee prepared the tender and competition procedure for the project
o Preparing plans for the execution of the project with the winner company (ZTE corporation)
o Handling, planning and following all daily activities during execution period for the project
o Arranging with others shared parties
• Working with Khartoum state public transport company, planning for buses trips, buses headways periods, spreading of buses stops, buses lines distribution, demographic studies, determining peak periods, etc.
• Well knowledge of using ITS for scheduling public transport system, synchronizing between different transport modes (trains, trams, buses and ferries, etc).
• Introducing and convincing Khartoum state to implement priority for public transport system, by introducing electronic system with traffic signal to give right of way for any public transport mode when crossing intersections, to convince Khartoum state people to use public transport system instead of personal passenger cars.
• Using VISUM software for modeling Khartoum state public transport system, and then being able to evaluate the needs of the state from different modes of public transport in the present time and future, their routes, their schedule and time table, headway between buses in peak hours and other periods, etc.
• Setting geographic tracking system for interstate public transport system (buses) for safety issues, such as knowing all the drivers behaviors at real time to interact immediately to prevent causes of traffic accidents, monitoring speed at real-time, locate the bus at any time when it needs, etc.
• Member of technical committee of studying and evaluating the technical proposal of electric tram (LRT system) project for Khartoum...
National Swedish Road and Transport Research Institute
o (Retsnet database project), International traffic accidents statistics database for more than 170 countries.
o Working on retsnet project, a project mainly focusing on traffic safety level in countries, following world bank and WHO definition for safety issues, our database in that time was containing of more than 170 countries statistics, the program was powerful in providing traffic safety reports with different procedures, which can help researchers to have good and fast ideas about each country and its problem regarding traffic safety and giving solutions.
o Preparing National traffic safety programs for some developing countries in Asia, Latin America and Africa as well.
o Accident analysis and black spots studies.
Building and Road Research Institute
BRRI, University of Khartoum, Department of Geotechnical and Foundation Engineering, and Soil Mechanics. Sudan, (1998 - 2000)
o Preparing plans for site works (soil sampling) together with lab works as well.
o Observing soil sampling works at site, making visual classification for soil samples, following analysis tests in the laboratory.
o Preparing reports and recommendations for foundation type according to soil tests results.
Part Time Teaching staff
University of Khartoum, and University of Sudan
for Science and Technology, faculty of Civil Engineering, (Transportation and Traffic Engineering, Soil Mechanics, Mathematics, Structure Theory, Strength of Material) Sudan. (1998 - 2000), (2008 - 2012) respectively.
o Teaching transportation and traffic engineering syllabus for final year class
o Supervising graduation projects
o Grading homework assignments
o Preparation of PowerPoint presentations for class materials
o Perform mathematical and statistical analysis.
• Consulting traffic studies for wad-albashir intersection tunnel project, revising the proposed design and giving solutions for traffic problems.
• Preparing traffic analysis studies for new Khartoum state ring road, traffic volumes expected, traffic classifications, traffic growth factors, trucks rations, level of service, ESAL calculations, etc.
• Handling traffic analysis and studies for Dabaseen Bridge - GabalAwlia intersection as full cloverleaf, comparing level of service LOS between the two situations before and after the proposed isolated intersection implemented, etc.
• Setting and laying out white Nile new sugar factory road network for cane transportation from field to factory and other traffic activities, sugar transportation from factory, traffic impacts studies for surrounding exist road networks, etc.
• Traffic study for Tuti bridge stage 2 (Tuti - Bahry):
o Determining the potential future traffic that will use the bridge
o Checking the adequacy of the bridge cross section
o Determining the level of service and capacity of beneath intersections
Qualifications & Certifications
IDA. Linkoping University
TRANSPORT SYSTEM AND ENGINEERING
University of Khartoum