- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Linux, Netapp and solaris
Senior System Administrator
• Worked as Linux Administrator with ASM Technologies. Since 2010 February-2010 October.
• Worked as System Administrator for UNIX Technologies. Since 2005 November-2010 January.
Wipro Infotech Since 2010 November - Till date
• Provide System Administration and Hardware Support for about 2000+ servers based on different flavors of Unix/Linux and Netapp storage.
• Provide Level 3 support for Linux, Level 2 support for Solaris servers and NETAPP storage in coordinating with DB, Oracle Apps and middleware team
• Maintaining SFTP, Relay server, squid, NFS services in Unix\Linux.
• Creating and Providing support on LVM
• Involved in all Unix Flavors Build project Linux, Solaris, Centos and AIX.
• Upgraded Linux operating systems from EOL versions through YUM setup.
• Involved in HP hardware firmware upgrades on all generations of HP Servers.
• Deployed HPSIM on all Linux servers for h/w monitoring.
• Deployed Kernel upgrades on Linux versions.
• Troubleshoot on LVM issues where TB of disks involved.
• Deployed 2 node REDHAT cluster.
• Driven project of Multipathing and bonding on all Linux servers.
• Duplex settings changed on Linux servers as per requirement
• Veritas netbackup installed on HP servers and provided support
• Worked on kick start, jumpstart while installing new servers.
• Hardened all Unix/Linux servers.
• Deployed OVM setup with multiple instances
• Good Knowledge on LDOMS, VM instances.
• Printer installation and troubleshoot on Linux and Solaris servers
• Apart from squid proxy provided support on bluecoat devices for proxy support
• Worked on User administration of Linux and Solaris UNIX flavors.
• Created H/W Raids on all HP servers as per standard.
• Maintained risk register of Unix servers.
• Worked on Ticketing tool cadre, HPSM
• Worked on HPOV monitoring tool and ucmdb tool.
• Installation of NetApps, managing aggregates, volumes, Qtrees.
• CIFS, NFS Configuration,...
Sum Total Systems
February 2010 - October 2010
• Provide System Administration and Hardware Support for about 750+ servers based on different flavors of Unix
• Provide Level 2 system support to the above said servers and co-ordinate with the help desk, Field support and the Application Development teams on deployment of patches & bug fixes.
• Maintaining FTP, SSH, NFS services in Unix/Linux.
• File system management and recovery.
• System Performance monitoring and tuning.
• Scheduled tasks using "crontab" and "at".
• Monitoring and analyzing system logs.
• Troubleshoot the LINUX/UNIX for different services.
• Keeping track of resources usage (CPU, Memory and disk).
• Maintain file sharing and transfer between the client and server with NFS, SMB.
• Troubleshooting on DNS related issues.
• Disk Management through LVM with Multipathing.
• Preparing SAR reports and making spike report.
• Installing Linux servers and client, Troubleshooting Linux systems
• Scheduled and Manual Backup of Data from Linux servers.
• Good knowledge on Netapp storage.
November 2005 - January 2010
Unix Technologies Nov2005-Jan2010
• Provide System Administration and Hardware Support for about 200+ servers based on different flavors of Unix
• Remote management of Production, development & test servers primarily built around Linux RHEL 3 and 4 on daily basis
• Participate in the Internal Change Management processes.
• Primarily work on Escalations at various levels and maintain maximum adherence to the stipulated Service Level Agreement's
• Assisting & Coordinating team members, Help Desk & other support teams in case of Escalations.
• Refresh/Installation of Linux RHEL 3 and 4 using Kickstart Servers
• Installation and administration of latest RPM's.
• System startup problem handling
• Recovering the system from panics due to hardware or software failures.
• Manager and other native backup tools (ufsdump, fbackup, dd, tar, cpio).
• Configuring and Maintaining NFS servers and clients.
• Good Knowledge in NIS and its terminology.
• User accounts creation and maintenance.
• Configuring and maintain FTP server
• Configuring Printing.
• Maintenance of the DHCP and DNS servers.
• Designing, implementing and administering the company's internal network.
• Installation and maintenance of File and Print servers.
• Auditing and Monitoring Network resources.
Qualifications & Certifications
Rajadhani Junior College
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more