Claim you profile
Muriel Gloria Sawyerr
Dementia Coordinator & Dementia Adviser
From October 2008
• Managing my own client case load, supporting clients with memory difficulties and their carers/families.
• Supporting over 20 volunteers from schools, colleges, young and matured people who are unemployed or are in retirement since 2008.
• Facilitating weekly groups for clients experiencing memory difficulties and providing support to the carers/families.
• Successful in setting up a bi-monthly Saturday Dementia Cafe in Islington to meet the needs of clients and their carers/ families in the community.
• Facilitated weekly the Cognitive Stimulative Therapy Maintenance Group for 8 clients diagnosed with memory difficulties, working in conjunction with the Camden & Islington Memory Services, GP and other professionals.
Office Manager (Social Services)
Lewisham Hospital NHS Trust
December 2000 - February 2007
• Managed all referrals received by the duty team. Managed a team of up to 12 administrative staff, providing administrative support for Social Workers in Children and Families, Substance Misuse and Adult Social Services.
• Conducted staff appraisal, attended internal and external team meetings, liaised extensively with multi-disciplinary teams, and petty cash disbursement on behalf of Health and Social Services, for clients and families with no access to public funds.
• Liaised with all professionals, ensuring that the transitions service provision between the Trust & Social Services was seamless.
• Liaised extensively with several colleges and schools as part of the Government Volunteering Initiative.
Qualifications & Certifications
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHBANK
Counselling & Psychotherapy
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more