An entrepreneurial executive with varied experience in Business Analysis, Project Management, IT P&C consulting.
Project Lead/Business Analyst
May 2011 - October 2013
Project Lead - PAS FLSL
* Activities include to develop business solutions for PAS FLSL project and building test case repository for testing framework for Guidewire, a part of Package implementation activity in FLSL
* Activities include to provide solution, project management, providing business requirements, preparing functional specification documents, business requirement documents and wireframes, preparation of go to market, test case review and approver for the development activities.
* Responsible for creating the Guidewire testing framework repository.
* Preparation of test scenarios in Guidewire for Personal Auto, Commercial Auto, Workers compensation, Property, Home LOB's. Review testcase prepared by testers and approver for the test cases.
* Proficient in testing Guidewire policy center, claim center.
* Trained developers, testers and managers in P&C Insurance domain to enable them to work on FLSL developments.
* Liaise with the technical, development, testing, user experience, wxm, back base team and support them from business to execute development from scratch to implementation.
* Currently owning and driving the online business model project includes customer, agent, banc assurance and affinity partner portal development specific to P&C industry
* Analyze existing account portal features and new market trends, requirements; utilize in-house capabilities for portal development.
* Demonstration of the portal to internal stake holders and external client.
* Online business model is a MAD JAM contest winning idea from FS vertical.
* Other responsibilities include tracking team member tasks and reporting status of the OBM project to the senior management.
November 2011 - November 2012
Integration lead for Guidewire claims application implementation project for a European client with a magnitude of 34 systems for Auto LOB. Activities include supporting developers and providing domain specific inputs to build application.
* Captured E2E business for Property and Workers Compensation LOB's in client location in Finland.
* Activities include understanding business, creating business process visios, and agree business requirements based on workshops and to handle client relationship.
* Requirement gathering for application development, UAT on applications from the functional standpoint and provide domain specific input to build applications to developers. Coordination with technical team and data modelers.
May 2011 - November 2011
* Indulged in providing Business and Technology solutions leveraging IT for global insurers specific to P&C Insurance.
* Applying Consulting, requirement management methodologies such as creating and presenting Proof of Concepts / story board, Prototyping, Gap Analysis, Functional Specification using Use Cases and UML diagrams and Change Control.
* Responsibilities include Pre sales /Bid support activity, RFP and RFI support, Creating maps and flows for Insurance processes.
* Responsibilities include proposing solutions for existing and new clients, Develop and propose new products with regards to Insurance application.
* Involved in developing Insurance CRM product in MS dynamics platform. FinEdge Insurance gave the first solution breakthrough in 2012 for HCL in European market.
* Developed a unique mobile application product cum solution for claims in specific to Auto Insurance for RBSI.
* Research and analysis of latest insurance trends, Prepare training material and presentation based on business needs.
Cognizant Technologies Solutions
January 2008 - April 2011
From Feb 2011 (Project SRS) - Handled IT application conversion project for a reputed client in the commercial insurance space. Span of control 6 FTE's.
* Claims data received from databases are analyzed and updated in new version. Responsibilities include onsite coordination with the Account Managers, Client and Internal stake holders on commercial insurance account conversions.
* Transitioned 3 Property & Casualty New business Insurance processes from US based The Hartford Financial Services P&C Insurance Company.
* March 2010 to Jan 2011- handled the New business team with a team size 32 FTE's, responsible for service levels, people management.
* Feb 2008 - Feb 2010 - Transitoned and handled UW department, span of control 12 FTE's - success story of this paved the way for business ramp of over 30 FTE's including Chennai and Hyderabad locations.
* Responsible for driving process improvements program Renaissance for the project. Improvements ideas were generated and were presented to the client. Approved system enhancements and procedural changes were recommended by the client to the technology team for enhancements. Showed a saving of $55,000 and efficiency of 3 FTE's through the program.
* Project won the APEX award for delivery excellence and key areas of highlights were Renaissance process improvements, people initiatives and maintenance of zero risk in processes.
* Was instrumental in developing transaction monitoring system (QUART) for The Hartford project. SPOC from the operations front in maintaining, attending escalations and fulfilling enhancements of the internal partners and client. Supported the BPO technology team immensely in tool development and guided the programmers to be in line with the Insurance specific business requirement.
* The system was developed and designed to meet the complete life cycle of quality monitoring and reporting for processors, managers, which reduced manual intervention of reporting and monitoring massively.
Process Lead Project (Rampart Brokerage & GCU, USA)
From August 2006
* Responsible for transitioning and setting up Property & Casualty insurance project for the company from the Rampart Brokerage Firm, NY, being the first insurance project for the company. Reported to the CEO on project delivery.
* Overall Business Planning and preparing Go to Market Plan for the business & partner management.
* Job involved analyzing the portfolio for areas to Outsource, rendered process consulting service and client liaison, partner management.
* Responsible for training & selecting the offshore team and setting transition timelines, quality parameters, extensive hiring and interviewing of executives for offshore operations
* Facilitated and coordinated new-hire training for all incoming executives.
* Processes include setting up New Business Insurance accounts, policy servicing, underwriting verification for all commercial lines businesses: Auto, Workers Compensation, Property, General Liability, Ocean Marine, Inland Marine, Disability, Directors & Officers Liability, Umbrella in the ERP (Sagitta).
* Was responsible for developing and deploying Student application system for Grand Canyon University, Phoenix. Idea was to develop system to handle applications submitted by enrollment officers and to create a repository.
01-04-04-06 Intelenet Global Services (A joint venture of Barclays UK & HDFC)
Senior Insurance Analyst (C.N.A Insurance Company, Florida, USA)
* Subject matter expert for the casualty processes (Auto & Work Comp).
* Well versed in processing endorsement requests for the Insured on Auto, Workers Compensation, General Liability and Property policies. Handled queries and answering questions for Processors.
* Experienced in interacting with Insurance agents, handled Insurance agents for queries on endorsement requests.
* The job involved interaction with Underwriters, Agencies and State Regulatory authorities for compliance on the Federal Insurance laws
* Proficient in handling Underwriting Work station, TAP and Pledge...
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Madras, SRM Arts & Science College
Commerce, Computer Science, Business Maths
Sankara Vidyalaya Higher Secondary School