Siemens Westinghouse Power Corporation
Zaid Al- Kazemi Sons Trading Co
Kuwait, as Project Manager and was responsible for:
- Construction of Office, Maintenance and Warehouse Complex (US$.1.5 M) at Joint Operations, Wafra..
- Tendering and procurement of spare parts (US$.5.6M) for Power Generating Plant at Joint Operations Wafra.
- Implementing Company's warranty obligations related to the construction of Power Generating Plant, completion of outstanding items, collection of final payment, submission and settlement of extra claims with Saudi Arabian Texaco, Wafra.
Project Engineer and resigned
as Asst. Project Manager. I was responsible for:
- Construction of 3x57MW capacity Gas Turbine driven Power Generating Plant (US$.45.0M) on turnkey basis located in Wafra Oil Field for Saudi Arabian Texaco (SAT).
- Refurbishment of three 132/11KV GIS Substation Projects (US$.43.60M) on turnkey basis for Ministry of Electricity and Water (MEW), Kuwait.
- Responsibilities include interfacing with Customer/Consultant, handling a team of Engineers / Supervisors / Non-technical supporting staff / Sub-contractors (multi national work force), Project planning and scheduling, Procurement, Administration, Invoicing and Collection of payments.
Started my career in 1970 as a part time draftsman and then moved onto the execution and supervision of electrical projects of diverse nature. In the later part of my career, I was also made responsible for business promotion, preparation of technical and commercial bids, analysis of tender documents, detailed work scope, negotiations and securing orders.
CROMPTOM GREAVES LTD.in
1974 joined CROMPTOM GREAVES LTD.in their contracts department and resigned in 1980 as Assistant Contracts Engineer.
- 1980 - 1992 Executed various Electrical Projects in Partnership.
Power Plants, Indoor Sub-stations, Outdoor Switchyards, Refinery, Various Industries, Housing & Commercial Complexes, Hotels, Hospitals, METRO stations, GSM.