Summary of Skills
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
• Mechanical Engineer with 18 years sound and varied experience in the Maintenance and Planning functions of the industry.
• Extensive knowledge in the use of ERP Systems (SAP/R3 Version 4.6C PM & MM Modules)
• Fully conversant with Primavera Enterprise version (6.1) and MS Project.
• Extensive use of Intergraph EDMS software.
Hands On experience of SAP/R3 (Rev.4.6C) PM & MM modules.
Primavera Enterprise version (6.1).
MS Project 2007.
Packages – MDRM and RAMIS.
Conversant with API, ASTM and ASME standards for equipment and piping.
Turnaround Planning Engineer
From August 2007
Jubail, Saudi Arabia, an affiliate of SABIC group. Producing 1350KTA of Ethylene, 1200KTA of Ethylene Glycol & 1500KTA of LAO.
Designation: Turnaround Planning Engineer Duration: August 2007 to till date.
Duties & Responsibilities: Reporting to Turnaround Section Head.
A. Shutdown / Turnaround Planning:
* Coordinate with Shutdown & TA team in preparation, challenging session & freezing of Master Job.
* Upon receipt, convert notifications into work orders in SAP.
* Discuss the request with the issuer and execution supervisor to ensure that the scope and sequence of events is clear.
* Identify service contracts, spare parts, materials and special tools required and perform the necessary transactions (Requisitions, Services Requests, etc.), in SAP system
* Estimation of budget, take approval for the estimated budget, create WBS in SAP-PS module and coordination with Finance for allocation of budget.
* Prepare & Review shutdown packages in the Planning Desk software (developed in house) for the effective & efficient utilization of resources during TA.
* The Package includes:
1) All relevant documents required for the execution of the job like data sheet, marked up P&IDs, blind list, materials, services and execution plan
2) Identification and necessary arrangement for procurement of materials.
3) Identification of services required, preparation of scope of work / tender documents, arrange for site visits to potential contractors, technical evaluation of bids and finalizing the contract.
4) Identification of special tools and procurement of the same
* Follow-up with SABIC SMO for procurement of materials and services. Inspection of all materials received in warehouse for turnaround jobs.
* Organize and participate in JSA for all turnaround jobs with contractors, maintenance, operations and safety departments.
* Develop activity schedule, include calendars, and define resource codes, activity codes, assign resources etc., analysis and leveling of critical...
Maintenance Planning Engineer
November 2000 - August 2007
Duties & Responsibilities: Report to Engg. Maintenance & Planning Section Superintendent.
• Review of Notifications with originator & maintenance personnel to validate, establish / agree on the priority and scope of work, approved repair & quality control plans.
• Identifying detailed resources and special equipments requirements, involvement of other disciplines and operations dept.
• To follow up with warehouse and ensure the availability of all materials (stock items and non-stock items) required to execute the planned / scheduled jobs.
• Complete Order processing like creation, execution w.r.t to Operations, Components, Scheduling, Account settlement, Task list assignment, Cost overview and Completion Confirmation for work order types PM01 / PM02 / PM03 / PM04 / PM06.
• Assist Material group in verification of Material stock levels / Critical spares.
• Monitor all Maintenance orders costs to avoid budget exceed. Ensure equipment history is properly and accurately maintained for all maintenance work done.
• Review spare parts and vendor documentation for creation of material specifications. Create Material Master Templates as required.
• Verify and update equipment data, equipment BOM, material master data, material BOM, and Equipment purchase data in the system.
• Preparation of Weekly and Monthly report for top level management.
• To enhance plant equipment integrity by an efficient planning support and achieving a minimum level of backlog work orders.
• A continuous improvement in issuance and compliance of weekly maintenance plan.
• Assigned to the Raw Mill, Kiln and Ball Mill to oversee mechanical maintenance activities of the unit ensuring minimal downtime of plant and equipment.
• Scope of responsibility was diverse including troubleshooting, breakdown maintenance, overhauling of equipment, modification jobs, hot taps, shut down jobs and critical spares planning.
• Headed, in the role of Team Leader, the November 2004 shutdown of Line 1 involving micro...
All Metals Galvanizing Factory
January 1998 - July 2000
Duties & Responsibilities: Report to Maintenance Manager.
• Inspect plant to ensure that all mechanical equipment is fully operational.
• Identify problem & initiate corrective action to optimize equipment downtime.
• Initiate, prepare & implement preventive maintenance program.
• Plan & arrange spares required to execute maintenance schedule effectively.
• Implement statistical techniques for QA/QC for evolution of maintenance work by calculating MTTR, MTBF and availability of machine.
M/s Eminent Fields Engineering Co
November 1994 - December 1997
Duties & Responsibilities: Report to Maintenance Manager.
• Installation, operation and repairs of different kinds of pumps - up to 1000 KW and diesel engines - 320 HP and water plants - 400 M 3 / Hr.
• Provide maintenance techniques to the customers.
• Project planning and manpower scheduling for Turnaround projects.
• Establish Progress-Reporting system for project review, progress of identify critical activities and report area of concern and remedial action required.
• Conduct daily schedule update meeting.
MAJOR JOB CARRIED OUT DURING TENURE:
• Deployed as Key User J. D. Edwards Maintenance Module Implementation program
• Prepared training manuals and conducted training for maintenance users.
* Single stage / multistage centrifugal pumps with single / double mechanical seals,
* Vertical sump pumps, Sundyne pumps, diaphragm pumps, screw and gear pumps.
* Reciprocating & centrifugal compressors, steam turbines.
* TEMA 'C' heat exchangers, etc.
Qualifications & Certifications
ROYAL ENGLISH SCHOOL
BACHELOR OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Jawaharlal Nehru National College of Engineering