Total 8+ years of experience in Quality Control, NDT Inspection, Welding Engineering, from Raw Material stage to Final Stage in Fabrication, Erection, Construction, during Shut Down / Maintenance, Repair / Renovation work and Plant Inspection in Oil and Gas, Petro-Chemical, Refinery and Power Industries and Pipeline Construction in Onshore.
Worked in various roles including Inspector for NDT & QA/QC Team with EPC Contracting Companies, Plant Inspector, Client Representative and Third Party Inspector.
Experience in Equipments / Systems:
Pressure Vessels and Columns, Heat Exchangers etc as per ASME Sec. VIII Div. 1.
Process / Power Piping Works for Oil Gathering Stations / Centres and Gas Plants, Petro-Chemical Plants, Power Plants, as per ASME B31.1, B31.3 and Shut down / Maintenance Inspection as per API 570. Worked for CS, LTCS, SS and Low Alloy Steel Piping Materials.
Structures and Duct works for Piping Rack, Gas Turbines and Boilers (Including Heavy Columns and Girder Beams of Boilers) as per AWS D1.1.
Inspection of Bought out Items (Valves, Pumps and Industrial Fans etc)
Preparation / Review / Approval of Method Statements, Work Instructions, Inspection and Test Plan, WPS, PQR, Welder Qualification Documents and Controlling of Documents
Inspection of Raw Materials such as Plates, Pipes, Fittings and Flanges and Bought out items like Valves. Review of Raw Material Certificates
Raising Repair Recommendations during shut down inspection and preparing Repair Procedures and monitoring the same.
Witnessing Hydrostatic Test / Pneumatic Test, Vacuum Box Testing, PWHT / Hot Forming.
Corrosion monitoring of various flow lines, process and utility lines, Storage tanks
(Internal and External Inspection), etc. using suitable NDT tools like Vacuum Box
Test, RT, UT, MT, PT, MFLT, Visual etc.
Ensure the Integrity of Static Equipments, Piping’s, Tanks by Determination of
Corrosion Rate, Remaining Life based on previous h
instructor, In Axionz I
Monitor whether Sub- Contractors
13) Review and approval of Project Procedures, Method Statements and Project
14) Monitor the storage, backing, holding, re- baking, and identification of
Re baking of low hydrogen electrodes and handling of welding consumables.
15) Monitor whether Sub- Contractors are using Calibrated Equipments.
Conducting in process welding related inspection (such as Fit up, Preheat check,
Visual Inspection, ensure the welder is qualified for that job and using the proper
WPS, ensure the welding parameters are as per WPS) stages.
16) Monitoring and Inspection of Sub-contractors repair works as per repair
17) Witness and Interpretation of NDE test and reports including review of RT Films.
❖ As a instructor, In Axionz I am handling with the following subjects
1. Ultrasonic testing
2. Magnetic particle testing
3. Penetrant testing
4. Radiographic testing
5. Weld visual inspection
6. Weld symbols
7. Welding defects
8. Welding positions
9. Preparation of WPS and PQR
11. Construction materials
12. NDT Isometrics
14. Equipment drawing
Functional as UT Gauging Inspector
for doing corrosion survey of machine
vessels according to classification rules.
14) Performing Radiographic Exposure and Film Processing.
15) Interpretation of Ultrasonic Testing, Liquid Penetrant Testing, Magnetic Particle
16) Records, organizes and evaluates test results and generates NDT reports.
17) Interpret Drawings and other documents.
18) Responsible for manufacturing components as per QC requirement.
19) Visual inspection and carried out dimension control check.
20) Inspection of fabricated /manufactured assemblies.
21) Inspect the job while incoming, in process, final inspection.
22) Inspection of fit up, root , visual , final inspection, preheat, post heat and inter pass
temperature during welding as per the relevant WPS.
23) Inspection cleaning during each welding process.
24) Prepare detail of field Inspection requirements & activities.
25)Prepare the reports detailing the result of specialize tests and inspections.
26) Record results of qualifications, inspections and statutory documentation.
27)Inspection, monitoring and maintaining welding quality on the job.
Axionz inspection services & Petroleum Institute
From January 2012
Project Description: Boiler and pressure vessel construction, cooling water
Pipeline circle seam inspection
Client: India Bulls-realtech Bombay.
1) Coordinate all NDT activities with the third party contractor.
2) Dimensional, Leak Test & Visual inspection
3) To assist in quality control of all welding, insulation, painting and refractory works.
4) To carry out NDT on pipes and Boilers under supervision of inspection section Head/ Engineer.
5) Witnessing Radiographic Testing and Magnetic Particle Testing.
6) Preparation Daily Report
7) UT Flaw Detection check on piping and Weld Joints.
8) Finding the surface defects in weld joints and parent metal areas with PT, MPT.
9) NDT Inspection (MT, PT & UT) methods on welded parts, Boiler drums as per Customer Quality Plan.
10) Interpretation of Ultrasonic Testing, Liquid Penetrant Testing, Magnetic Particle Testing
11) Interpret Drawings and other documents.
Contractor's Inspection Test Plan
Review/ approval of Sub - Contractor's Inspection Test Plan.
Pioneer Refineries of North India
Along with experience in Reliance also worked in an almost all Pioneer Refineries of North India during this period of job
1) Enjoys working hard.; is action oriented; enjoys challenges; drives for results.
2) Versatility, flexibility and a wiliness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
3) Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; opened to change; strives for continuous improvement of self and processes.
4) High ethical standards. Models and supports organizations goals and values; adapts to changing conditions; demonstrates persistence, and overcomes obstacles.
5) High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities; ability to influence others and impact change.
6) Effective Planning and organizational skills.
7) The ability to prioritize, balance , and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation.
8) Uses time effectively, prioritizes and organizes work flow; can orchestrate multiple activities at once
❖ LANGUAGES KNOWN
English, Malayalam, Hindi, Tamil
Place of issue: Kozhikode
Date of issue: 07-04-2006
Date of expiry: 06-04-2016
I, hereby, certify that the above information is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Global Inspection Services Qatar
December 2009 - December 2011
Client: Eversendai, Qatar Petroleum, Qatar Gas, Q chem., Q power.
1) Inspected the products visually in accordance to the client and supplier's technical specifications.
2) Performed inspections on products with the help of non destructive testing methods such as liquid pentrant, MPT, UFD, and VT.
3) Maintained a record of all the inspection process in accordance to the procedures.
4) Monitored the inspection process and recommended necessary changes if the product demands it.
5) Administered the inspection process and insured that all safety procedures are followed in the work area.
6) Participated in various trainings programs to enhance the inspection skills.
7) Inspected all equipments by disassembling them.
8) Performed complete inspection of the products and followed the Standard Work Procedures and Policies while inspecting.
9) Prepared records of all the inspection work carried and if required provided sketches of the same.
10) Administered the process by using special calibrated tools and simple hand tools for inspecting the products.
11) Studied and interpreted the assembly blueprints and performed the inspection in accordance to the technical specifications.
12) Coordinated with the management and performed the inspection work as directed.
NDT Services Gujarat
June 2006 - November 2009
Client: Reliance Jamnagar, Reliance Baroda, Reliance Dahej, IFFCO
Kalol, SR Jamnagar.
1) Set up and calibrate equipment
2) Work with minimal supervision.
3) Maintain the record of all the inspection process in accordance to the procedures.
4) Document NDE results on reports, meeting the applicable requirements of customer and/or code requirements.
5) Instruct and supervise trainees (Lvl I)
6) Conduct tests to insure quality and detect discontinuities (defects) using NDT methods of inspection.
7) Performed liquid Penetrant inspections, ensuring proper inspection results as required by the acceptance/rejection criteria.
8) Performed magnetic particle inspection, determining that the part of material is ferromagnetic and that the part is inspected with adequate magnetic field strength and proper field orientation to ensure maximum percentage defect detection capability.
9) Performed handheld camera inspection(baroscopic) where internal entry was not available.
10) Set up and verified the calibration of tools and devices to conduct inspection.
11) Monitored the inspection process and recommended necessary changes if the product demands it.
12) Performed inspection on products with the help of NDE Methods such as, MT, PT, and UT-T.
13) Prepared records of all the Inspection work carried and if required provided sketches of the same.
14) Furnish necessary information and assistance to responsible departments for preparation of process plans, process reviews, audits, test procedures, etc.
15) UT Flaw Detection check on raw materials of pressure vessel process piping and Weld Joints.
16) UT Lamination, check on raw materials of pressure vessel and process piping
17) Finding the surface defects in weld joints and parent metal areas with PT, MPT.
18) NDT Inspection (MT, PT & UT) methods on welded parts, Boiler drums as per Customer Quality Plan.
❖ NDT SKILLS
1) Have the ability to carry on all of the QC activities and other Inspection Methods...
Qualifications & Certifications
Quality Control Engineering the Welding Institute Axionz