Hayatabad, Hayat Abad, North West Frontier, Pakistan
I have Ten Plus Years of Experience in the field of IT/Telecommunication, . I am associated with PTCL from March 2008, Currently I am associated with the PTCL Pakistan, as Senior Engineer(Manager) MMnBB Core Network for KPK. Before that I was engaged with Cyber Internet Services PVT Ltd as Client Operation Management Engineer, prior to that I worked with Hayatabad Science College as a Network Administrator. My career development assimilates experience in Computer/Telecom Network Operation, Planning, Designing, Development and Troubleshooting.
I have done M. Sc Degree in Computer Science. Furthermore, I have done CCNA, CCNP and CCIP International Certifications.
I have hand on Experience on Juniper MX Series and E-Series equipment including MX-240, MX-480, MX-960 and E-120, E-320 Huawei CX600 Switches, ME-60 BRASes, and Huawei, ZTE and Alcatel DSLAMs and MSAGs.
PTCL Metro KPK provide the following Services to Broadband Subscribers.
1. High Speed Internet
2. DSLAMs NMS Services
3. VOIP Services
4. Video on Demand (VOD) Services
5. Multicast Services.
I was team lead during the planning, designing, development of KPK Multimedia Broadband Network, and the above mentioned services load Migration on the mentioned Network.
Isp/Computer/Telecom Network Administration
• Excellent understanding and of BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP V1&V2, NAT, ACL, IPV6, HSRP/VRRP.
• Hand on Experience on Cisco Routers (2600,2700,2800,2900,3600,7200) and Cisco Switches (2900, 3550, 3560), Huawei Routers (NE5000,NE40,NE80E ME60, CX16, CX8, DSLAM, BRAS MA 5600), Juniper( Ex-4200, MX-960, MX-480, E-320), ZTE (DSLAMs, MSAG), Alcatel (DSLAM, RAS).
• In depth concept and hand on Experience of connectivity technology like HDLC, FRAME-RELAY, Ethernet and Gigabit circuits.
• Excellent understanding in Designing of WAN Networks using BGP and IGP (OSPF, RIP, EIGRP).
• Expertise in IP Address Planning and management like Sub-netting, router summarization to facilitate efficient network services.
• Good Working Knowledge of NMS like Solar Wind and U2000 (Huawei).
• In depth concepts of TCP/IP, internal working of Routing, VLANS, IP addressing (IPV4, IPV6), switching, STP and VTP.
• Excellent understanding of Load Balancing.
• Excellent Understanding of Multicast and VPLS.
• Excellent Understanding of MPLS BGP VPN Configuration, Provisioning and Troubleshooting.
Senior Engineer MMBB Core Peshawar
PTCL (Multimedia Broadband(MMBB) Core)
From August 2013
Multimedia Broadband Network Operation of PTCL KPK Metro Network
• MPLS BGP VPN Configuration and troubleshooting on Core end for Corporate, which include ABL, UBL, MCB, ZTBL, NADRA, GPO's etc
• Participates in Multimedia Broadband Network Planning, Development, and integration of newly developed Node with KPK Metro.
• Configuration and Integration of Access Nodes(DSLAMs, MSAGs) with KPK Metro, Access Nodes includes HSI (High Speed internet), VoD(Video on Demand), Multicast and VoIP(Voice Over IP) Serices.
• KPK Broadband Metro Network includes Huawei Multilayer Switched CX-600, Huawei BRAS ME-60, Juniper Multilayer Switches MS-240, MX-480, and Juniper BRAS MX-480.
• Core devices Uplinks Monitoring.
• Participate in Provisional Acceptance Test (PAT) of Core and Access Devices.
• Co-ordinate in case of complex Network related issues.
Assistant Manager Ops MMnBB Core
March 2008 - August 2013
To assist in Designing of Large Scale (WAN, MAN) Network Design whilst using Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
• From scratch Cisco routers (2600, 2700, 2800, 2900, 3600, ) and Cisco Switches (2900, 3550, 3560), Huawei Routers (NE5000, NE40, NE80E, ME60, CX16, CX8, DSLAM, BRAS MA 5600), Juniper( Ex-4200, MX-960, MX-480, E-320), ZTE (DSLAMs, MSAG), Alcatel (DSLAM, RAS)
• Configuration as per solutions and customers requirements.
• Hand on Experience of MPLS BGP VPN Configuration, Provisioning and Troubleshooting
• Hand on Experience of Multicast Configuration and Troubleshooting on Core Nodes and also on DSLAMs(ZTE and Huawei) and MSAGs(ZTE)
• Configuration of NAT, ACL, VLAN, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, STP, VTP
• AAA (Local and Remote with TACACS+ & RADIUS), IPSec VPNs with CLI (Site to Site, Encrypted GRE Tunnels, Remote Access Connection with Easy VPN), Mitigating threats and attacks with access list, Sys log Server, SSH, NTP, IOS 12.4 Features
• Network management and planning in order to provide smooth and secure services.
• Providing a prompt and appropriate response to complaints from customers
• Working in close conjunction with the Manager to facilitate the achievement of targets
• Assisting in IP Address Planning and management like subnetting, summarization, Allocation and Efficiency
• To test equipments after configuration and provide technical support afterwards
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Assisting in Designing of PTCL Metro Ethernet Up gradation project whilst using Routing Protocol (BGP, OSPF, IS-IS and MPLS)
• From scratch configuration of Huawei Routers (NE5000, NE40, NE80E, ME60, CX-16, CX-8)
• Configuration of VRRP as per PTCL requirements
• Good understanding of Quality of Service (QoS)
• Good Working Knowledge of NMS like Solar Wind and U2000 (Huawei)PAT (Provisional Accepting test) of ME60, NE5000E, CX600
Client Operation Management Engineer
Cyber Internet Services
February 2007 - March 2008
To troubleshoot and resolve customer problems on Cyber net provided products and solution.
• Maintain high customer satisfaction thorough out the process form first call to complete problem resolution and provide ticket number for future reference.
• Entertain the customer queries and provide direct technical support to customer base on operation, troubleshooting, installation of CPE (customer premises equipment) and other products.
• To document and log all customer contacts /queries into support database.
• Prepare and deliver documentation of problem description and findings to appropriate escalation point. (Example: log complaints highlight and escalate to concern).
• Take ownership of and solve increasingly complex customer issues in line with support process and policy and ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Call handling: log and qualify issues, priorities severity, identify and communicate action plan.
• Diagnosis: analyze issue, using sophisticated tools, own knowledge and where appropriate liaise with others to identify the cause and solution for the issue.
• Solution: communicate solution to client and Cyber Net team and agree action plan.
• Complain ticket assign to different departments.
• To keep proper record of revisit query and forward it to the respective shift in charge.
Hayatabad Science College
January 2004 - February 2007
Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
• Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, good put, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
• Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
• Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
• Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
• Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
• Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Qualifications & Certifications