Light Gauge Steel Engineer
- I am an expert engineer in the structural design and detailing of light-gauge (cold-formed) steel buildings in accordance with major universal standards (North American standards, European standards, and Australia/New Zealand joint venture standard), and this includes a full awareness of the applications of structural walls, shear walls, floor framing, and roof framing.
- I am professional in the estimation of design loads for buildings in accordance with the American standards.
- I also have a strong background in the design of structural (hot-rolled) steel members and connections in accordance with the American and European standards.
- I am experienced in the modeling and structural analysis of buildings using SAP2000 software, and in the use of Vertex BD BIM software for the framing of light gauge steel buildings.
- I have a professional ability to analyze the universal structural design codes and development of Excel spreadsheets for steel design and loading calculation using Visual Basic Application.
- I am experienced in technical writing due to working many years in the documentation of project reports, and in the preparation of manuals and technical notes for the engineering software developed by the company I am working for.
Senior Structural Engineer
Applied Science International Egypt (ASIE)
From February 2004
ASI-Egypt is a subsidiary consulting and R&D office based in Cairo of The Steel Network factory based in (Durham, NC, USA). The Steel Network is a leading manufacturer of building products serving the light-gauge steel construction (wall studs, joists, clip angles ...etc).
The main services of ASI-Egypt are
- Structural engineering consultations.
- Development of software for the engineering and BIM of light-gauge steel structures.
(a) Performing the structural design and detailing of light-gauge steel buildings (as engineering consultations).
Condo Complex, Astana, Kazakhstan (residential units for employees consisting of three LGS floors on top of two RC floors, and with a gable-half hipped roof)
(b) Supporting the development of SteelSmart® System (a computer application performing full structural analysis and design of light-gauge steel buildings).
(c) Preparation of technical data for The Steel Network products, and doing many researches to increase the efficiency of these products.
Qualifications & Certifications
BSc Civil Engineering
Faculty of Engineering - Cairo University