I am a qualified Chartered Accountant from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of with 8 years of experience including 4 years with Deloitte (Qatar & Pakistan) and 4 years with NBP (largest bank of Pakistan)
Management Reporting & Accounts
National Bank of Pakistan
From March 2010
March 2010 to date
Management Reporting & Accounts
Budgets and Forecasts
Policies and procedures development
I have more than 7 years of experience which is spread over a range of areas;
• Involved in the design and implementation of Core Banking Software in Islamic Group
• Prepared the Financial Business Plan of the Group for the financial years 2013-17
• Solid technical financial reporting skills
• Ability to handle and perform effectively & efficiently under pressure and tight deadlines
• Worked in various industries and locations geographically at Deloitte (Seconded to Qatar office in Doha)
• Auditing background (trained by Big four accounting firm)
• Excellent communication skills verbal and written
• I am a good team player with characteristics of handling and managing work on my own when needed.
• I have a strong leadership characteristics
Responsibilities as Fund and Finance Manager
• Supervise the Various reporting requirements to the State Bank of Pakistan and also to Head Office.
• Preparation of the Monthly, Quarterly, Half yearly and Annual Accounts of the Islamic Group.
• Manage and liaison with the external and internal auditors of the bank for timely completion of audit.
• Preparation of Business plan for Islamic Banking Group and monitoring its compliance.
• Evaluate and analyze the different investment opportunities and make investment after taking in to account the risk associated with that investment.
• Supervise the treasury operations of the Bank’s Islamic Group. Ensure compliance with the requirement of the Statutory Reserves to be maintained with State Bank of Pakistan with respect to the deposits.
• Supervise the process of profit distribution to depositors of the Bank according to the Shariah requirement.
• Placement of the short term idle funds of the bank with other Islamic banks and Islamic Divisions of other banks.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu – Jan. 2006 to Dec. 2009
January 2006 - December 2009
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Pakistan
Deloitte is a leading big 4 firm, employing top professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services to selected clients ranging from multinationals to government entities.
Responsibilities as Supervisor
• Development of general strategy, detailed audit plan and audit programs.
• Review of Accounting and Internal Controls Systems
• Application of new technical pronouncements and identifying areas of potential risk.
• Delegating work to the staff, performing reviews and giving appropriate directions for conduct of work.
• Obtaining an understanding of accounting and internal control system.
• Assessing the control risk at preliminary stage.
• Coordinating with Audit Manager for critical and technical areas.
• Addressing and resolving significant accounting and auditing issues rose.
• Identifying weaknesses, addressing risk and giving suggestions to improve internal control system.
• Identifying critical risks faced by business and discussing mitigating factors thereof with management.
• Complying with the instructions for financial reporting.
Responsibilities during Due Diligence
• Discussion of agreed upon procedures with Partner and Managers Group of the assignment and allocation of responsibilities to different team members.
• Performance of review procedures and special agreed upon procedures on different areas of financial statements.
• Preparation of Due Diligence report pack.
Responsibilities during Internal Audit
• Preparation of Internal Audit Plan and allocation of responsibilities to different team members.
• Performance of internal audit procedures on different areas of financial statements and review of work performed by other team members.
• Initial discussion of internal audit points with management and finalization of points to be included in Internal Audit report.
ERP Core Banking System
Prepared the document of Functionality Requirements for the development of the Core Banking Software to be implemented in the Bank. The documents contain the accounting treatments and business functionalities of Islamic Products/Processes. These products were developed, based on the requirements of the State Bank of Pakistan instructions and the guide lines of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan and Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI).
Qualifications & Certifications
Bachelor of Commerce
University of the Punjab