I have broad range of skills (which I aim to continuously build on), and i would like to, in the short term, make uses of every possible opportunity to deliver excellent service, and work in a new environment and face ongoing challenges in IT.
I have worked with all versions of SharePoint started as an administrator. I am now a knowledge management consultant where i have a huge influence around the direction of the KM tool set.
Knowledge Management Consultant
From September 2013
My responsibility is to:
- Actively contribute to the objectives and success of the UCS Retail Academy by providing end-users with Knowledge Management solutions, consulting, training and support.
- Support the Implementation of programs and activities that form part of the UCS Knowledge Management strategy.
- Support and manage an effective Knowledge and Information management system.
- Deliver induction presentation to the new joiners on SharePoint and My Site services as well as SharePoint content administration training, blogs, and Spark Offs (tips) within the entire business.
- Reporting back to the CEO of the company and other executives on the usage of the knowledge management platform including setting the direction of the Knowledge Management tools.
- Gather requirements from the stakeholders, evaluate and lead the delivery of the solution.
May 2011 - September 2013
My main responsibility was to drive the adoption of the Knowledge Management tools to the rest of African member firms so that they could be aligned to what South Africa and the other global firms are using.
I was also responsible to act on behalf of the Business Unit manager in South Africa while away – doing presentations, chair meetings, reporting to the BU’s director, etc.
Standard Bank of South Africa
January 2008 - May 2011
My main responsibility was, but not limited, to drive Technology Standardization (Strategies, Roadmaps, Annual Domain Plans, etc) and Lifecycle Control Management (Investigate, Research, Evaluate, Adopt, Contain, Dispose) within Group Technology Infrastructure.
- Control Technology adoption and lifecycle throughout the organization
- Develop and facilitate the maintenance of GTI product/shopping catalogue (BHS), Technology Reference Model & Service Reference Model, etc
- Risk Management reports
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of Technology Infrastructure strategies and roadmaps
- Develop and maintain Products & Services and Global Standard Council SharePoint portal.
- Administration and provide training and assistance to all SharePoint related queries.
- Consultation and facilitation the use of technology governance portal and the tools.
- Participate in development of processes using ITIL/Cobit skills.
Desktop and Network Engineer
Africon Engineering International
November 2005 - January 2008
My main responsibility was to make sure that all the technology needs of AFRICON employees (120 in Cape Town, 40 in Paarl, and 20 in George) and the clients (main focus on WC Emergency Management Centers and WC Weighbridges) are met in terms of IT and Network support and there are no outstanding and unresolved issues. I delivered these services using the technologies outlined in the technical skills table on the last page of this CV.
More to my duties:
- Doing office/desktop and network support for Africon and clients (Weighbridge, and EMS centres) around the Western Cape Province.
- Doing Microsoft Systems Administration (Active Directory).
- Office Administration (ordering, receiving stock, stock control, asset register).
- Hardware and software support (installation and troubleshooting).
- Helpdesk Operation and Running of projects.
January 2005 - June 2005
Doing desktop support and also helping in running projects. This was during my training when i was doing final year at school.
1. Planning of new network and structure for a new building (Africon Cape Town). This also included organizing and liaising with suppliers to install electricity and UPS, network cabling and points, Telkom lines, ordering and installing new equipment (PCs, Servers and Rack, Switches, Backup device, etc).
Also, I had to make sure that the backup has been done from the old equipment, network is up and running, VOIP system is in operation, new printers and network drives installed, and many more.
2. Planning of network and equipment (including ordering, preparing, installation, and support) to be implemented in all the emergency medical and disaster management centres around Western Cape.
3. Acquiring all the equipment needed for the Weighbridge sites (including ordering, preparing, installation, and support) around the Western Cape Province.
I was part of the team that developed a global solution to get a best audio visual (video conferencing) technology for our executives. We consulted many companies to determine best-of-breed technology (TelePresence vs RealPresence vs HD-VC) look and feel experience for our boardrooms (largest being a 50 seat) for our four major countries (SA, London, Argentina, Nigeria).
I also assisted in designing Telephone Expense Management solution; to automatically separate business telephone calls from private calls and auto recover the expenses from the relevant departments and individuals.
I then designed solution for international travelling employees (including the executives) to reduce travel budget and expenses.
I was part of the team that was responsible to do the restructuring of GTI (Global Technology Infrastructure). This also involved developing the Technology Adoption process from the Initiation to the Disposal phase (Initiate, Research, Evaluate, Build/Adopt, Contain, and Dispose).
Africa KM Tools Deployment
I was responsible to market and drive the Global strategy which is to deploy our tools within the rest of the Africa region – KPMG Portals, KPMG Central collaboration, and MySite (Social Media) – which are all built on SharePoint technology, including the GCCS (Survey Tool).
SharePoint 2013 Migration
I had lot of influence to the executive board to migrate our knowledge management systems to the latest version (from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013). I was also responsible for the management of the entire process during the migration including running the road shows, doing training, communication and marketing.
Qualifications & Certifications
IT Communication Networks
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more