- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Financial and Risk management
From April 2007
• Assuming direct profit and loss accountability for all Alternative Distribution Channels( Pick and Pay In
Retailers) and the Mobile Sales Channel in the Region
• Planning, driving and managing the delivery of a multi-product/ multi-channel sales and service strategy across the Region
• Attracting, growing and retaining quality business in line with Provincial profitability Targets and market
• Building sustainable relationship to leverage and optimise people, resources, channels, business and risk
controls in line with market potential.
• Maximising business growth, retention and profitability targets for the Region.
• Attracting, Developing and Managing people to remain engaged and committed, and that business partners and customers are satisfied.
• Drawing and managing execution of Plans to optimise the business potential by maximising the existing
segmented customer base.
• Maximizing the opportunities to grow market share by segment, where applicable, and to focus on customer
attraction and retention in line with Retail Banking business objectives. Conceptually integrate and manage
diverse, complex and competing elements of the business and market.
Successfully intergrated two Non Traditional Banking Units responsible for client acquisition •recruiting
capacitated and Opened 11 new in Retailer stores with in 2010.and turned them around to a positive profit
contributor-5% of National 17% profit in six months of 2013
People development and management
Cost awareness and risk handling
Regional Sales Manager
April 2007 - December 2010
Regional Sales Manager
Eastern & Western Cape
April 2007 - January 2010
Providing leadership and guidance in the Regional External Sales Team
• Providing strategic leadership vision and foster positive Relationship with internal and external Stakeholders.
• Developing and implementing Regional Sales Plan inline with company objectives.
• Scanning the environment-Identify new business opportunities and threats.
• Recruiting, Developing, motivating, inspiring, directing staff and mobilizing team work.
• Managing all aspects around achievement of People, finances, sales and operational excellence.
• Communicating & demonstrating the desired culture through values and principles.
• Engender strong customer focus whilst always taking account of business objectives.
• Successfully landed Nedbank Rural Mass Market.
• Strategy in Transkei.
• Ability to strategically position Nedbank as a Bank for all.
• Position Mass Market as a key partner.
• Internally - landing key corporate accounts.
• Steering direction and rendering support to Imbizo project comprised of three companies, Nedbank, Old
Mutual, Mutual and Federal.
Area Sales Manager
January 2005 - March 2007
Area Sales Manager - Flexi Banking
January 2005 - March 2007
Regional Manager - Flexi Banking
Regional Manager - ABSA Brokers
• Driving the development and implementation of Solution & education for the Un-banked.
• Achievement of highest Customer service standards in the Western Cape branches.
• Developing collaborative relationships to facilitate accomplishment of business goals.
• Driving Personal loan sales achievement
• Integrating Mass Market into the branch.
• Network as a strategic imperative for ABSA's Future growth Western Cape.
• Successfully landing Affirmative Action project within the ABSA branch network in the Western Cape.
Sales / Area Manager
January 2001 - December 2004
Sales Manager, Cluster / Area Manager
Nedcor (Peoples Bank)
February 2001 - December 2004
• Achieving financial budgets, people, operational and sales excellence.
• Establishing and sustain internal and external relationships.
• Successfully turned around an unprofitable branch (2001 - 2002)
• Entrusted with a responsibility of leading two Branches; thereby successfully growing the asset book from
R120m - R200m, and deposits from R20m - R41m.
channel management merger project
Provide turn around strategy to a merger of non performing Personal Loan business with retail business in Limpopo.
-I did regional fact finding visits, talking to every staff member
-staff opened up about what is working and not working
-I combined their suggestions with my observations and came up with a proposed quick hits.
- I communicated the objectives clearly and got everyone s understanding and commitment about each person s role in attaining the objectives with clear measures and within clear time frames
-we agreed on daily and weekly assessment of the progress and weekly status feedback sessions.
-we saw first positive results in the first month, December 2013-veing number 2 of 7 regions nationally with 30% lift in profitability.
-the region has not stopped producing exceptional results and defending the position.
Qualifications & Certifications
Univ Fort Hare, UNISA