I am responsible for the development and growth of the water care sector at Protea Chemicals
6.1, TÜV and Environment Management Systems (EMS), ISO 14001.
- Installation and commissioning of equipment: Chemical dosing systems and control equipment (prodose, bleed control, ORP), pipe work (PVC), control panels and DI/RO plants.
- Creation of process layouts, process diagrams, work/operations instructions and functional descriptions for complete treatment systems (from the cradle to the grave).
- Chemical consumption optimisation on various systems.
- Conducting full water analysis and interpreting data.
- Monitoring sales KPIs: Budget, Target and Gross Profit.
- Responsible for handling and applying detackifiers, flocculants, polymers and precipitants in most water treatment processes.
- Structuring job descriptions, setting performance criteria for myself and my staff.
- Train clients on safety and chemical handling. Interpreting by-laws, thereby enforcing compliance.
- Carrying out high profile presentations for Quarterly Review Meetings, major process changes/upgrades and failures and introducing latest technologies.
- Give technical assistance to our Western Cape and KZN branch.
Technical Sale Representative/Key Account Manager
Duties - In charge to meet a monthly sales target of R370 000
- Responsible to provide technical service to Volkswagen SA, Venture SA, Aspen Pharmacare, Good Year and Continental, Rehau Polymers and Lumotech.
- Provide analytical and technical services in respect of all water processes including cooling towers, chilled water units, trade effluent treatment plants, air replacement processes, paint recovery systems and water ponds.
- In charge of staff complement of 5 and stock ordering, site administration and procurement of equipment.
- Development and grow profit margins around existing and new business.
- Liaise with clients at all levels; including managers, plant engineers, maintenance managers and technical staff on continuous bases.
- Spend 80% of my day in direct contact with our business associate and clients. Involved in continuous improvement initiative approaches which often result in cost saving.
- Product selection and trialling out new products.
- Budget control and stock projection
- Business tendering, forward selling and remarketing strategies to retain existing clients.
Duties - Involved in metal Phosphating for Electrocoating
- Provide assistance to Daimler Chrysler maintenance during the start up and commissioning phase of the new paint shop.
- Conduct analysis to stabilise the critical phosphate process
Position: Process Technician
Duties - Conduct metallurgical tests on phosphate units
- Draft control documents for Daimler Chrysler technicians to sustain process stability.
- In charge of cost saving project that yielded a R450 000 saving on chemical consumption.
Position: Process Manager
Duties - Responsible for the staff compliment of 10
- Manage cost per unit initiative at Daimler Chrysler Paintshop that involved Sealer (PVC), Phosphate treatment, Electrocoating and plant servicing.
- Overseeing flow of units from the body shop to the paint shop and solving all quality problems.
Seating Eastern Cape
Duties - Responsible for production scheduling, verification and despatch.
- Planning, reject minimisation, rework and process development.
- In charge of the Epoxy (powder coating) division.
- Presiding on internal labour deputes as industrial relations officer.
- Running the press shop and bending department.
- Created a reject recycling system; using paint strippers to save the company cost of rejects.
- Stock ordering, price negotiation and recycling of the powder coating we apply.
Qualifications & Certifications
Supervision Skills Development
Damelin Management School
Production and Supervision
Damelin Management School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more