I am responsible for the development and growth of the water care sector at Protea Chemicals
6.1, TÜV and Environment Management Systems (EMS), ISO 14001.
- Installation and commissioning of equipment: Chemical dosing systems and control equipment (prodose, bleed control, ORP), pipe work (PVC), control panels and DI/RO plants.
- Creation of process layouts, process diagrams, work/operations instructions and functional descriptions for complete treatment systems (from the cradle to the grave).
- Chemical consumption optimisation on various systems.
- Conducting full water analysis and interpreting data.
- Monitoring sales KPIs: Budget, Target and Gross Profit.
- Responsible for handling and applying detackifiers, flocculants, polymers and precipitants in most water treatment processes.
- Structuring job descriptions, setting performance criteria for myself and my staff.
- Train clients on safety and chemical handling. Interpreting by-laws, thereby enforcing compliance.
- Carrying out high profile presentations for Quarterly Review Meetings, major process changes/upgrades and failures and introducing latest technologies.
- Give technical assistance to our Western Cape and KZN branch.
Technical Sale Representative/Key Account Manager
Duties - In charge to meet a monthly sales target of R370 000
- Responsible to provide technical service to Volkswagen SA, Venture SA, Aspen Pharmacare, Good Year and Continental, Rehau Polymers and Lumotech.
- Provide analytical and technical services in respect of all water processes including cooling towers, chilled water units, trade effluent treatment plants, air replacement processes, paint recovery systems and water ponds.
- In charge of staff complement of 5 and stock ordering, site administration and procurement of equipment.
- Development and grow profit margins around existing and new business.
- Liaise with clients at all levels; including managers, plant engineers, maintenance managers and technical staff on continuous bases.
- Spend 80% of my day in direct contact with our business associate and clients. Involved in continuous improvement initiative approaches which often result in cost saving.
- Product selection and trialling out new products.
- Budget control and stock projection
- Business tendering, forward selling and remarketing strategies to retain existing clients.
Duties - Involved in metal Phosphating for Electrocoating
- Provide assistance to Daimler Chrysler maintenance during the start up and commissioning phase of the new paint shop.
- Conduct analysis to stabilise the critical phosphate process
Position: Process Technician
Duties - Conduct metallurgical tests on phosphate units
- Draft control documents for Daimler Chrysler technicians to sustain process stability.
- In charge of cost saving project that yielded a R450 000 saving on chemical consumption.
Position: Process Manager
Duties - Responsible for the staff compliment of 10
- Manage cost per unit initiative at Daimler Chrysler Paintshop that involved Sealer (PVC), Phosphate treatment, Electrocoating and plant servicing.
- Overseeing flow of units from the body shop to the paint shop and solving all quality problems.
Seating Eastern Cape
Duties - Responsible for production scheduling, verification and despatch.
- Planning, reject minimisation, rework and process development.
- In charge of the Epoxy (powder coating) division.
- Presiding on internal labour deputes as industrial relations officer.
- Running the press shop and bending department.
- Created a reject recycling system; using paint strippers to save the company cost of rejects.
- Stock ordering, price negotiation and recycling of the powder coating we apply.
Qualifications & Certifications
Supervision Skills Development
Damelin Management School
Production and Supervision
Damelin Management School