Temp assignment through Agile-1
BD Diagnostics - Preanalytical Systems
November 2011 - April 2013
Microbiologist / Project Coordinator Scientist November 2011 - April 2013
• Coordinated project progress, work-plan, assignments, meetings, testing strategies and presentations. Monitored work progress against timelines, managed workload and reviewed technical documentation.
• Studied and documented the performance of the barrier-forming gel in BD Vacutainer® brand Serum Separator Tubes (SST(TM)) using a variety of techniques and conditions.
• Analyzed human serum from blood collection tubes for proteins and other analytes using colorimetric (spectrophotometry) and ELISA assays.
• Performed and documented in-house testing on all in-process and finished products to comply with acceptance requirements. Performed and documented testing in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures. Ensured that product has been stress tested/tested for failure. Conducted verification, stability testing and product/ process validation against requirements.
• Recorded and analyzed results using appropriate statistical methods: 95% confidence intervals for binomial proportions using the Wilson Score method. Compared test and control groups with t-tests and Minitab.
• Familiar with Laboratory Safety, GLP, laboratory notebooks, technical R&D protocols, LA, SOP's; Quality System Policy; Quality Assurance; Data Entry and Management; GPDS, GMP, QC, ISO's.
Team leader /Coordinator
Partnership - private medical supplies business
May 2010 - October 2011
Maximized, reorganized and restructured business administration/management for medical supplies, devices, laboratory equipment's and diagnostic kits.
Research Associate/Project Coordinator, Department of Neurochemistry
Nathan S. Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research
June 2007 - January 2010
June 2007 - January 2010
• Investigated the effect of repeated nicotine and cocaine administration on the expression of murine cytoskeletal neurofilament proteins (N, F-L, -M, and -H), acting on Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor alpha 7, Dopamine receptor D1 N-methyl-D-aspartate NR1 and dendritic spine receptors in sub-cellular fractions obtained from different brain regions (hippocampus, striatum, and cortex) using Western blotting.
• Quantified protein bands on radiographic films using UVP Biospectrum Imaging System (VisionWorks LS Image Acquisition System). Analyzed and performed statistical analysis and data management ( One Way ANOVA, LSD and Bonferroni Post Hoc Test).
Center for Dementia Research
June 2005 - June 2007
• Investigated the molecular fingerprint of a limited subset of gene expression changes induced by amyloid precursor protein (App) on selected populations of human hippocampal neurons (CA1 pyramidal neurons), dentate gyrus (granule cells) and neurocortical neurons (layerII/III pyramidal cells).
• Evaluated human post-mortem brain tissue sections from patients with preclinical Alzheimer Diseases/ Trisomy 21 (TS21, Down syndrome) and mouse hippocampal and neocortical neurons using a mouse model of TS21, termed Ts65Dn, as a model for early-onset dementia.
• Statistical analysis of custom designed cDNA arrays, gene expression profiling of a single cell type or a population of cell types, microarray data analysis and management (One Way ANOVA with Post-Hoc Analysis Newmann-Keuls test for individual comparisons).
• Validated array observations with quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction (qPCR) assay on selected individual transcripts.
Clinical Research Study: Role of telomere length in diseases associated with aging and cancer formation. (Telomere measurement by qPCR from cells captured via LCM from mouse and human post-mortem paraffin embedded brain tissue sections).
• Performed DNA extraction using Capsure HS LCM Cap samples from microglia, neurons, glial and granule cells using q-PCR 7900HT ABI Prism Sequence Detection System(method development and optimization).
• Coordinated and managed the collection of the necessary regulatory documents; worked with sponsors; managed and requested clinical research data in correlation with study; ensured accuracy of documentation; entered and tracked research data in computer database and study worksheets, available records and reports.
Department of Neurobehavioral Genetics
September 2002 - June 2005
• Mapped genes which influence alcohol preference among a set of about 100 recombinant introgression mouse strains (RQI) developed from BALB/cJ (C) or CXBI (I) and C57BL/6ByJ (B6) parental strains. Quantitative Trait Locus (QTL) mapping with congenic recombinant introgression RQI strains was used to identify small chromosome regions which harbor genes regulating alcohol consumption, alias candidate genes in a murine model of alcoholism.
• Designed experiments, conducted method development and experimental work. Coordinated the mouse breeding program (kappa-Opioid receptor knock-outs, recombinant congenic and parental strains) and data management(QTL database/ RQI mouse strains analysis).
Clinical Biologist/ CR Coordinator, Department of Internal Medicine, Isotope Diagnostics and Genetic Research Laboratory
Semmelweis University Medical School
Clinical Biologist/ CR Coordinator, Department of Internal Medicine, Isotope Diagnostics and Genetic Research Laboratory 2001 - 2002
Clinical Research Study: Impact of Estrogen on bone (BMD) gene expression. In vivo (Estrogen lack) and in vitro studies of different pharmaceutical agents: bisphosphonates-alendronate and statins (simvastatin, lovastatin) which overcome hormone (dexamethasone) induced apoptosis in murine (mouse) calvaria (soft skull tissue) cell culture,
• Coordinated and managed the collection of regulatory documents, interacted with subjects, attended and participated in study meetings, organized and overviewed medical records, reviewed the tracking systems for studies.
• Screened participants following strict procedures for protecting confidentiality, scheduled test and procedures and obtained the consent agreement of participants while supervised.
• Collected data systematically, completed case reports as requested, maintained documents and study files, ensured accuracy of documentation, entered and tracked clinical research database and study worksheets, available records and reports and reviewed participants records for accuracy.
Clinical Microbiologist, Clinical Microbiology and Virology Diagnostics Laboratory
National Institute of Skin & Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Clinical Microbiologist, Clinical Microbiology and Virology Diagnostics Laboratory 2000- 2001.
• Applied diagnostic methods, bacterial growth on culture media (LB) w/without BS, growth promotion, biochemical and color reactions, microbial testing and antimicrobial effectiveness testing, PCR/qPCR for virus and Ligase Chain Reaction (LCR) for bacterial detection, immunofluorescence assay (IFA) antibody-antigen coupling, ELISA( IgG and IgM level measurement), standard bacterial colonies maintenance.
• Determined serological evidence of Human Herpes Viruses (HHV-6A, HHV-6B, HHV-7) in Pitiriasis rosea patients.
• Maintained lymphoid cell culture lines (SUP-T1, MOLT-3, HSB-2, EG-1) infected with HHV-6A, HHV-6B, HHV 7 for virus detection.
Clinical Research Study: Serological evidence of Human Herpes Viruses (HHV-6A, HHV-6B, HHV-7) in Pitiriasis rosea patients.
• Coordinated and managed the collection of regulatory documents, interacted with subjects, attended and participated in study meetings, organized and overviewed medical records, reviewed the tracking systems for the study.
• Screened participants following strict procedures for protecting confidentiality, scheduled test and procedures, obtained the consent agreement of participants while supervised.
• Collected data systematically, completed case reports as requested, maintained documents and study files, ensured accuracy of documentation, entered and tracked clinical research database and study worksheets, available records and reports, reviewed participants records for accuracy.
Qualifications & Certifications
Biology and Ecology & Cell Biology-Genetics
Baia Mare State University of Science
Bolyai State University
Hungarian Academy of Science
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more