Mr Milind Patil
New Delhi, DL, India
Working As Vice President Fermentation - Probiotics Manufacturing.
Working experience in fermentation of probiotics, enzymes, downstream processing , spray drying etc. responsible for all the microbiological activities in the plant, Quality control and R&D activities till the despatches etc.
Vice President Production
Microbax (India) Ltd - Nandigamma village
From October 2011
Patancheru mandal, Hydrabad, ( AP ).
1. Responsibility - Responsible for fermentation process carried out in the 4 Nos. 3 KL fermentor, 5 Nos 1 KL fermentor, 500 lit and 100 lit fermentor.
2. Successfully commissioned the fermentation process for different Probiotics micro organisms.
3. Experience in the manufacturing of different probiotics includes All the Bacillus species, Lactobacillus and Lactics eg. Lactobacillus acidophilus, L.fermentum, L. plantarum, L.gassery etc.
4. Responsible for Quality control, Despatches, and handling of utility department.
5. Conducting different R&D projects of DBT and DMCT etc.
6. Commissioned 4 Nos - 3 KL fermentors and fermentation process.
7. Commissioning of spray dryer is done.
From June 2005
For Pavan Turnkey Projects company Limited - R - 666, Rabale TTC, Navi Mumbai Responsible for Development and scale up of Different enzymes like Protease, Cellulase, Xylanase, alpha amylases, Phytases etc and Probiotics by Submerged and solid state fermentation.
June 27th 2005 to till the date Zytex Corporation, Andheri (East), Mumbai.
• Production Manager: From 1st Jan - 2009 to 1st Feb - 2010.
2 Responsibility - Worked as Production Manager - Zytex biotech Pvt. Ltd. - Baroda ( Gujarat ) since from January - 2009
2 Handling of Pilot plant as well as Main fermentation plant.
3 Successfully commissioned the fermentation process for different Probiotics, Proteolytic (Fibrinolytic) enzymes and the Biopolymer.
2 Manufacturing of different enzymes, Probiotics and Biopolymers.
3 Responsible for Planning and scheduling of shake flask inoculums, Seed fermentation ( Seed preparation) and the Main fermentation up to the down stream process on the continues basis.
4 Worked as key person to check the microscopy of shake flask inoculums, seed inoculums before charging the main fermentation process etc.
2 Responsible for operation of ETP plant and data collection for govt. Authority.
2 Responsible for Quality control and GMP practice in the plant.
2 Made the documentation for HACCP, ISO 22000 and the FAMI - QS European certification including the Validation protocol, Process validation and the cleaning validation etc.
3 To follow and control the norms of the HACCP, ISO 22000 and FAMIQS during the process and to keep the check on the day to day update of all the documents.
2 Responsible for all the activities in the plant from Seed fermentation to Main fermentation and dispatch. Etc.
3 To keep the check on the shake flask inoculums preparation, seed fermentation and the main fermentation process which is carried out by shift incharges and the production microbiologists.
4 To supervise and guide all the Microbiological activities to shift incharge, Production Microbiologist and...
Senior R&D Microbiologist
June 2005 - April 2007
1 Responsibility - Worked as Senior R&D Microbiologist at Zytex bio tech R&D centre based at Andheri (East), Mumbai.
1 Screening of meta genomic library for diagnostic enzymes i.e. cholesterol oxidase, cholesterol esterases & glucose oxidase etc.
1 Shake flask study for above diagnostic enzymes & cellulases, Fibrinolytic proteases etc.
1 Media designing and optimization for specific proteases, Probiotics and biopolymer.
1 Studies conducted with 15 lit. fermentors.
1 All Microbiological work.
R & D Chemist
Burns philp India Pvt. Ltd
March 1997 - May 2005
(8 years 2 months)
1. Microbiological work, plating, media preparation.
1. Sterility testing of fermentor, different vessel and transfer lines. Worked with fermentors having 1.0 lack lit. water holding capacity.
1. Pathogen testing in finished product.
1. Inoculum preparation and propagation or scale up of fermentation.
1. Analysis of finished product eg. Compressed yeast, Baker's and distillers; Dried yeast, Yeast Autolysate and hydrolysate, Yeast beta glucan, Yeast extract powder etc.
1. Analysis of raw materials.
1. Process development in yeast extract paste or hydrolysate and beta - Glucan manufacturing.
1. Management of workers and imparting them their duties.
1. Daily dispatch and records.
1. Analysis of disinfectants by chemical and bio-assay methods.
"Petrolabs" A Division of Mavani
June 1994 - November 1996
For their Petroleum product testing centre
Laboratory Chemist: (2 years 6 months)
1. Analysis of petroleum lubricating oils including all BPCL, HPCL and Indian oil grades according to ASTM.
1. Analysis of Naptha, Petrol, Kerosine, Diesel oils etc. according to the IS and ASTM.
1. Analysis of different type of lubricating greases etc.
1. Analysis of different solvents.
Lysis of S. cerevesiae using complex enzymes. given new method for yeast extract manufacturing.
Project - 1 - Lysis of S. cerevesiae using complex enzymes. given new method for yeast extract manufacturing.
Project - 2 - Media optimization and done process set up for enzyme manufactring i.e. Enzyme nattokinase etc.
Project - 3 - probiotics manufacturing - media optimization and fermentation set up.
Qualifications & Certifications
T.H Wajekar , Jr. college, Uran, Raigad district - New Bombay, Maharashtra.