Mechanical technician with skills in Design field & mechatronic trades.Interested in design assignments working with Autocad,Inventor,Civil3D
Belgravia Services Ltd
July 2012 - June 2013
Belgravia Services Ltd It's a construction company specializing in civil, mechanical and piping work in Eastern & Southern region of Africa. Was involved in construction work & commission of Government
Of Zambia, Fuel depot
• Preparation of detailed pipe drawings for tradespersons fitter & welders.
• Preparation of as built fuel depot drawings, with a capacity 14 million liter.
• Site fire fighting layout & safety layout and Signage location.
• Preparation and revision of as built BOQ to the Lusaka government Depot.
• Preparation of structural, shed & gantry unit as per the Site engineers specification.
• Site weekly meetings & quality control documentation.
• Assisting with technical advice to site trade people.
Coda International Corporation
November 2011 - June 2012
Coda International is an Engineering consulting firm dealing with water irrigation, Roads and bridge construction. I am based in Nairobi however occasionally I visit Kampala and Mwanza for project monitoring.
• Producing water irrigation drawings, example canals, earth dams, irrigation layout and maps
• Preparing bill of quantities for reinforced concrete structures, dam structures, steel structures and Canals
• Preparation and adjusting work schedule as per project progress, using Ms project and Excel
• Updating of revised drawing, as built drawing using Auto Cad and Civil3D software.
• On site visit for drawing and works verification.
Auto assured Ltd
April 2008 - November 2011
Auto assured is a road rescue company located in Nairobi. Offering services pertaining vehicle road assistance, Valuation, technical advice, towing service and car maintenance to individuals and insurance company
• Vehicle accident scene management and raising area traffic police.
• Vehicle towing and recovering services.
• Training on vehicle safety driving and diagnosis repair.
• Report writing on vehicle damages, cause of accident for insurance claim purpose.
• Vehicle road side repairs and vehicle road worth assessments.
February 2006 - April 2008
Duties include supervision of trade's people: Welders, Mechanic, Electricians and Panel beaters. Quotation preparation, Administration work, liaison with part purchasing stores, supplies of automotive part and design work in mechanical and sheet metal work.
Scope of work/ projects
• Rehabilitation work for Ambulance /paramedic vehicle for Knight Support, body work upholstery and electrical work.
• Modification and Customization of standard Land Rover 110 series to 130 vehicles to "safari" and installation of front winch and accessories.
• Writing a training and work place manual on work procedure, store records, customer service and workplace safety.
• Engine, gearbox and steering box overhaul and repair of Land Rovers and Land Crusier models
Heavy Engineering Ltd
March 2005 - March 2006
I was involved in designing a range of equipment ranging from cranes, monorails, Beam fabrication, Steel structures, Wiring diagrams for profile cutting machine, Site sheds for remote areas. I was involved in workshop activities from formulating best practices to performing tasks, estimates and development plan for sheet metal bending. I documented technical specification, Standard requirement and time schedules.
I was a technician to resident engineer Kengen and I worked on the following projects:-
• Seven forks remedy works:- Interpretation of old drawings and modification using AutoCad
• Instrumentation reading on reservoirs structural behavior, processing and documentation.
• Calibration of instrumentation equipment and repair work of power tools and equipment.
• Liaison with site engineer and reporting to the Residence engineer on work progress.
• Inspection of work site for safety purpose and communicating with trade staff to ensure that
Safety procedure is carried out.
Motor Mechanic Training Assistant
Barnardos Youth Shed Program
April 2004 - July 2004
I Was charged with the responsibility of assigning automotive related task projects to youth. The theme of the projects was to encourage the understanding of motor vehicles so as to build capacity in the support of the fast growing automotive industry in Australia. My role was to structure, facilitate and direct teams' performance through the projects. I was also charged with the responsibility of ensuring that workshop safety standards were adhered to. Occasionally I conducted First aid basics training.
May 2003 - August 2004
Gave customer support by educating customers on products range offered though the company's Franchises. Managed the Customers Relationship Management tool that had information pertaining to customers' transactions. Was charged with the responsibility of warranty part replacement, exchange and refunds. Occasionally ensured that stock merchandising, product promotion and shop display met the business needs.
Customer Service Attendant
March 2002 - October 2002
I administered customer care, managed the cashbooks, prepared payment invoices. Did car service bookings, Called customers to ensure that they were fully satisfied after cars' service. It was my responsibility to ensure that all the service tools were well handled and safety measures ensured.
August 2000 - December 2001
Performance Auto center specialized in high performance motor vehicles. These were predominantly Subaru and Toyota, motor rally cars and sports cars. My responsibilities were general car maintenance- undertaking both major and minor repairs-, fitting alarm systems, car audio systems, central locking systems and other car accessories installations. Occasionally I did car re-spraying preparations and body polish finishing.
Auto Mechanic Apprentice
Automobile Association of Kenya
December 1998 - April 2000
I was responsible of the general maintenance of the AAK's driving school fleet vehicles and other Auto related repairs and checks.
Lusaka petroleum & Indeni Refinery plant
Production of as Built drawing to lusaka Government depot in Lusaka Zambia & piping to the the bitumen plant to Indeni refinery plant in Ndola Zambia
Sondu Miriu Hydro plant spill gates design works and penstock pipingg
Producing of detailed drawings for fabrication of mechanical works & piping to the Sondu Miriu hydro-plants,Based at Workshop drawing office.Nairobi
Seven Forks rehabilitation works
Masinga,Kaburu,Kindaruma hydro-electric power plants rehabilatation works
Qualifications & Certifications
TAFE Institute of Western Sydney
detailed drafting CAD systems
TAFE Institute of Western Sydney
Motor Vehicle Mechanics
Nyeri Technical Institute
Ms Microsoft suite
Coda institute of Computer
Kangundo Boys High School