Medical Doctor, Reproductive Health, Public Health & Appropriate Technologies Enthusiast.
Proponent of Paradigm Shift in Healthcare Management from the current system to to Value-Based Health Care Delivery (Integrated Practice Units).
Kenya Red Cross Refugee Support Operations
January 2013 - January 2013
Part of the transitional team in the handing over of the health nutrition
programme from Giz-Refugee support programme. to Kenya Red
Cross Dadaab Refugee Programme.
Trained the staff on how the programme runs and the all the major
components that are present.
St. Matia Mulumba Hopsital
From February 2013
1. Doing the ward rounds daily in maternity, gynecology and pediatric
2. Performing emergency and elective caesarean sections.
3. Performing other emergency obstetrics and gynecology procedures.
4. Ensure that timely and appropriate care to patients in maternity,
gynecology and pediatric units.
5. To run GOPC and POPC.
6. To run MOPC/DOPC and SOPC whenever necessary.
7. To do call in allocated days.
8. Member of the Drug and therapeutic committee;
9. Participate in the formulation of strategies to improve quality of care to
patients in the facility in the various departments.
10. To conduct CMEs.
11. Prepare case presentations for grand rounds.
12. Participate in the development of program of activities and rota in the
13. Supervise the activities in the Compressive HIV/AIDS care
14. To supervise the PMTCT services integrated with Maternal and child
15. To coordinate activities between maternity unit and other dependent or
support unit e.g. Theatre, radiology, pharmacy and the laboratory
GIZ-Refugee Support Programme, Kenya Development Oriented Emergency and Transitional Aid, DETA Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit
May 2012 - December 2012
Administer the different hospital departments.
To provide and to assure a quality healthcare services to patients
Accountable for whatever problems that will occur on the day today
Helped in the recruitment, selection and hiring of competent and skilled
Reported to the Health Team leader about the events in the hospital whether
favorable or unfavorable.
Coordinated and worked with the departmental heads about setting work plans,
activities and duty rotas.
Kept and updated employee’s record to be able to assess individual’s
performance, skills and work attitudes and what kind of motivation to use to
improve individual’s work.
Ensured that latest medical facilities are added and the working
environment is conducive and safe.
Bridged gaps between heads of department and their subordinates thus
creating a favorable and good working environment
Conducted evaluations to assess employees’ performance and to prepare
reports to be used for retention of productive employees and for giving necessary
actions for those employees whose performance are undesirable.
Held brief for the Health Team Leader when he is away.
Attended and represented hospital in the weekly Programme coordination
meeting in Refugee camp.
Attended UNHCR Health and Nutrition coordination meetings.
Attended UNHCR multisectorial coordination meetings.
GIZ/UNHCR Refugee Support Programme ; Ifo Hospital, Dadaab
April 2011 - April 2012
Assisted the medical coordinator in all medical issues.
Assisted in organizing medical referrals (emergency and elective) to Garissa and Nairobi.
Was Responsible for the surveillance and emergency response on the camp level in collaboration with the medical coordinators in Dadaab.
Facilitated open discussion amongst all the staff working in the Hospital.
Ensured adequate coverage of the hospital by staff.
Do ward rounds in collaboration with the head nurse, the CO’s and nurses.
Run various clinics at the OPD.
Fill medical assessment forms for medical resettlement.
Identified training needs, organized training and participated in training of health
Performed emergency surgeries (obstetric and surgical) as need be.
Ensured adequate night coverage of hospital.
Reviewed outbreak potential/ notifiable diseases before they are line listed.
Countersigned restricted drugs.
Verified weekly and monthly data collected at the camp level before it is
forwarded to main Office.
Participated in clinical and general meetings.
Participated in inter-agency meetings and activities when required.
Participated in emergency response when need be.
Kitale District Hospital
February 2009 - April 2009
MO Paediatric Ward
Nyabondo Mission Hospital
April 2009 - April 2011
1. Maintenance of high professional ethics and efficiency among clinical staff.
2. As a HMT member was involved in the management of the hospital on a day to day basis in consultation with the administrator and the Matron.
3. Provision of comprehensive care at the patient support center in conjunction
with all stakeholders.
4. Ensured that clinical staff adhere to the hospital policies as directed by the Governing Board and the Diocesan Board.
5.Was chief professional Medical Adviser to the Governing Board.
6. Ensured proper and economic use of pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical supplies in accordance with the Hospital formulary.
7. Was the professional adviser to the Governing Board on the appointment of other Doctors and Paramedical staff.
8. Was involved in teaching of Pharmacy and Nursing Diploma students of Nyabondo Medical Training college.
9. Was Consulted in preparation of annual estimates of both the recurrent and
development budgets of the Hospital.
10. Liaised with the MOHMMS and MOPHS, through the DMOH in Nyando.
11. Setting up the standards of healthcare services in the hospital departments.
13. Together with nursing officer-In-Charge define the role of each departmental
head and ward-In-Charges.
14. Encourage all inclusive participatory management.
15. Worked reduce maternal and child morbidity and mortality by ensuring adherence to various clinical guidelines.
16. Ensure reduction of waiting time in all service delivery points.
Kitale District Hospital
February 2008 - January 2009
Medical officer intern in four Departments.
Qualifications & Certifications
UNIVERSITY of Nairobi
Mother of Apostles Seminary, Eldoret
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more