Claim you profile
Medical Office Specialist
Provides clerical support for unit operations which includes, but is not limited to: compiling information, producing correspondence, reports and spreadsheets. Sorts, identifies and distributes mail. May assist in development of presentations.Provides general information to internal and external customers. Screens visitors and callers coming into the area/office; answers questions, answers, screens and refers incoming telephone calls, takes and relays messages, refers customers to appropriate location or person as necessary, responds to requests for information.Coordinates various calendars, arranges meetings, distributes agendas, types and distributes minutes. Develops and maintains filing and electronic filing systems. Maintains confidentiality of information regarding patients, families and coworkers. Inputs and retrieves data. Orders or assists with ordering supplies and equipment. Trains and/or orients new clerical and nursing staff in clerical procedures. May provide cross-coverage for other clerical/secretarial positions as necessary.Other duties as assigned.
June 2008 - April 2013
• Determines HIPPA compliance of requests and authorizations
• Processes all court orders and from attorneys
• Open mail and process all requests
• Copies all charts not sent to copy services
• Reviews correspondence pending file monthly
• Handles all telephone calls regarding request for privileged information
• Utilizes various specialized software including SoftMed, Epic and Microsoft Office
• Notifies Physicians and Risk Management of suspected law suits
• Prepares charts for legal file
• Provides back up coverage for HIS staff during vacations
• Request medical records from other hospitals and facilities
Cleveland Family Practice
October 2007 - June 2008
• Answered telephones
• Responsible for messages
• Data entry
• Scheduling of appointments
• Medical billing (BWC)
• Processing co-payments
• Typing of letters
May 2007 - July 2007
• Assembling Charts
• Answering telephones / Responsible for messages.
• Purging of old files
November 2006 - October 2007
• Always exceeded scanning requirements
• Assisted customers
• Assisted other cashiers
• Handling of returns
Qualifications & Certifications
Medical Office Specialist
Kaplan Career Institute
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more