Claim you profile
Wrexham, Wales, UK
•Preparing to undertake QLTS assessment (Qualified Lawyer Transfer Scheme).
Certificate of Eligibility granted on 2014 by Law Society. Kaplan.
•Qualified lawyer abroad, with plenty of experience as negotiator collecting debts, establishing new written agreements, dealing with customers working within the banking & legal services in both public and private sectors. High analytic skills with wide experience in research and briefing massive volume of information effectively.
•Qualified teacher in the UK with experience in further education, preparing, planning and delivering lessons/lectures on different subjects such as legal, languages and others subjects. Qualification obtained: Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) (incorporating Diploma Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector) Glyndwr University, North Wales.
•TELF qualification (Teaching English as a Second Language) including specialised modules to teach: Business English, One-to One, Young learners, Teaching with limited resources and Teaching with Audio-Visuals.
•Motivational, confident and competent communicator able to inspire confidence into others. Excellent communicator dealing with people from different backgrounds solving issues and complaints efficiently.
• Patient, calm with the ability to work well under pressure in difficult situations; implement a non judgmental approach in all aspects of work.
•Languages fluent in both written and spoken English – Spanish.
QLTS (Qualified Lawyer Transfer Scheme) candidate
Law Society/ Kaplan assessment provider
From January 2014
Preparing to undertake QLTS assessment to become a Solicitor in England and Wales:
•Undertaking MCT (first stage of the assessment) on February 2015.
•Expecting to understate OSCE (second and last stage of the assessment November 2015.
First stage of the examination (MCT) contents the following subjects: English Law System, European Law, Constitutional Law, Solicitors Professional Conduct, Taxation, Financial, Services, Contract Law, Property Law, Criminal Law, Torts, Equity and Trust, Human Rights, Business Law.
Second stage: practical skills such as:
•Client interview and completion of attendance note/case analysis
From April 2013
Part-time position supporting and providing services within industrial premises
Community Tutor/ Freelance
From July 2012
• Preparing, planning and delivering lessons for adults depending on community needs: managing money, benefit system, education system, and support available from agencies such as victim support, witness services, citizen advice bureau, etc.
Lecturer/ Law Teacher Law Department
From January 2012
• Preparing, planning and delivering lessons for students in further education at GCSE and As levels.
Yale College Wrexham
January 2011 - April 2011
Preparing, planning and delivering lessons for students in Entry Levels and Supported Learning.
Management of Microsoft Office
April 2008 - July 2009
• Common work in an office: files, copying, paper work, organizing, keeping records, etc.
• Management of Microsoft Office using all applications: Word Processing, Excel, Database, Power Point (Presentations), Internet and electronic e-mail.
• Reception duties and taking phone calls (covering other staff members)
Legal Cost Drafts Person
Kirby & Hulme, Alttami
April 2006 - July 2007
• Drafting bills of legal aid on behalf of Solicitors around North Wales and the English border.
• Completion of claim forms to be presented before The Legal Service Commission to claim legal expenses.
• Organising, preparing and completing customers' files depending on expiry dates.
Freelance Researcher in the field of Social Science and Criminal Law
Belley Roux Institute
• Working on a project of behaviour of prisoners and re-adaptation to social life.
• Visiting various prison establishments around Venezuela to interview prisoners.
• Compiling and writing a project for presentation before The Ministry of Justice.
• Writing sequential articles for local newspapers regarding the situation of prisons in Venezuela and recommendations for improvement.
Litigation Assistant Manager
Perez & Calzadilla (medium size law firm)
• Acting in an analytical and supporting role prior to the Hearing Court for the litigation team.
• Debt collecting on behalf of banks and building society and following up with agreement voluntary schemes
• Checking files in Court to report stages on procedure
• Produce report for the management regarding performances, goals and achievements of litigation team of 12 lawyers under my supervision.
• Supporting management in administrative issues, customer service and complaints.
Moreno & Co
Checking files for the Family Law Courts.
Drafting documents, letters and petitions presented before Court under supervision of seniors.
• Collecting information and documents from clients and keep files.
• Reporting to senior solicitors stages of procedures.
• Keeping files and personal client records on the computer system.
Qualifications & Certifications
Huddersfield Technical College and Yale College Wrexham
University of Liverpool
Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Psychology, Spanish and English Language
Arzobispo Silva School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more