General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
Effective oral and written communication.
Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
Excellent organizational skills.
Education and Experience
Minimum of a Diploma in Human Resources, five plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations
Human Resources Clerk
March 1997 - May 2006
• Responsibility: The recruitment and selection process, screening of the qualifications
• Employee benefits and death administration and long service awards,
• Ill-health retirement process, leave administration and termination process.
• Entire recruitment process based on the company recruitment policy, including capturing on the system and updating files
• Weekly and monthly reporting
• Manage the entire administration function, which includes ill-health retirement process, leave administration and termination process.
• Liaise with TEBA
Assistant Admin. Officer
Surface and Services
Managing maintenance and safety regulations in the Hostel
Maintain stability and safe environment for Hostel Residents
• Provide advises to line management and employees of the company with regards to employee relations
• Related issues.
• Assist and advise line in drafting charges correctly.
• Coordinate and attend disciplinary and grievance hearing in order to provide guidance,
• Advises to the disciplinary committee or chairperson in order to ensure correct and consistent implementation of company's disciplinary code and procedure in such hearings.
• Co-ordinate employee ill-health retirement process, keep and maintain employee relations
• Deal with all other employee related aspects in the section at appropriate level
• Outstanding success in building and maintaining stakeholder relationships by involving Unions in all company forums
• Manage employee development to stretch targets (i.e.; internal training, compliance to skills plan and employment equity)
• Excellence with on the job training and team building
Qualifications & Certifications
National Diploma Human Resources management and Practices
Jumba High School