From July 2010
(knorr packing) Unilever Indonsa site
Drive to achieve 100 % weekly plan against plan
Lead unit teams(autonomous)
Targeting 85% OEE (world class standard)
TPM is our problem solving tool
Disciplinary procedure is followed when behavior requires so.
* Maintenance of ISO 14001 and Unilever framework standards certification for Prospecton site.
Hazard and Operability studies for new packing lines for project Indonsa.
* Loss tree analysis for my production department
* Managing kaizen projects to reduce major plant losses
* Management of AM pilot line activities in Knorr.
* Travelled to Spain in 2011 to do a factoy acceptance test for new Mespak line (4 x R 12 mil EACH)
Production team leader, Prospecton site
Unilever South Africa
August 2005 - May 2010
Improved Rajah and Robertson lines from 68% overall equipment efficiency to 83% within 2 years
Used kaizen methodology in all problems.
All issues were started by doing a why, why analysis.
Tpm and its drive gave us results.
February 2003 - July 2005
Commissioning of process plant and packing line.
* Developing training material and supporting training activities - work instructions for process plant and packing line.
* Help Design of process plant expansion for NEW plant.
* Increased output by 1 batch per shift
* Increased shift to two doubling the volume of the plant
Had a good work ethics with shop-floor (no Union)
Beacon sweets Production supervisor Mobeni site
January 2000 - January 2003
Reduction of waste in boiling dept. by 40 % by helping Factory manager by running a sugar rework plant). The overall factory efficiencies were at low 60's. I pushed toffee department numbers to above 70 % efficiencies. Achieve more than 95% of a weekly plan. Have less than 1 person a week being absent in the department. There was strong working relationship between operators and artisans
We were good with our 20 key, which is their production sustainance philosophy
* Maintaining plant efficiency improvements across all departments, 2 % year on year increase.
Unilever South Africa
January 1999 - January 2000
, Mobeni site
* Day shift work with Production manufacturing plant, doing daily production activities, e.g., filter bag changeovers, attending to mixer breakdowns, , rotary, mixing of sweet batches.
* Do report on observations and recommendations of how thing can be done differently
Qualifications & Certifications
Vukuzakhe High School
Bcom (strategic supply management)
University of South africa
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more