Bookkeeper; Bcom Financial Management
I have experience in working through various finance functions of the economy from financial accounting, tax administration as well as creditors and debtors administration.
Im responsible for cash book processing, creditors and debtors invoicing right up to preparation of financial statements and submission of required tax reports.
My current position is of a bookkeeper responsible for managing various clients which includes construction; media and research and hospitality industries.
From March 2014
Guiding and assisting accounts payable clerk and other accounts clerks in ensuring that they correctly allocate expenses to the correct cost/department, etc.
Ensuring the Account receivables are properly maintained and statements are sent through to Debtors monthly.
Allocating cashbook, credit card and reconciliation thereof.
Preparing various month end journals, such as Rental, straight-lining; Prepaid expenses; Interest Accrual Journals; Income Tax and deferred tax accrual journals.
Recording of Fixed assets to Fixed Asset Register and recording corresponding General Ledger journals thereof.
Submitting Vat monthly.
Analysing Income statement for variances and changes on monthly basis.
Preparing Balance sheet recons for management reporting.
DIKANE CONSULTING SERVICES
March 2012 - March 2014
• Recording of supplier invoices and payments to pastel
• Recording customer invoices and receipts on pastel
• Recording of cashbooks transaction on Pastel
• Reconciling bank statements to cash book
• Recording of accruals and other journals
• Maintenance of general ledger accounts
• Maintenance of Fixed Asset Registry
• Submitting Vat Returns bio-monthly to SARS
• Submitting of PAYE and Income Tax returns to SARS
• Extracting Trial Balance, Statement of Financial Performance and Position from Pastel
• Drafting of Annual Financial Statements and supporting notes.
• Administering of junior bookkeeper.
• Facilitate relationships with stakeholders i.e SARS, clients, suppliers and other
• Offering advice and assisting with initial setup & maintenance of cash book and general ledger accounts at client facilities.
Financial Assistant, Claims Creditors
ROAD ACCIDENT FUND
October 2009 - February 2012
• Timely and accurate completion of claims creditors(Attorneys) reconciliations with a +- book value of R20 million.
• Following up on reconciling items to ensure timely resolution.
• Following-up with Attorneys to ensure Timely receipt of statements and appropriately formatted monthly age analysis of all allocated claims creditors.
• Submission of reconciliations for approval Weekly reporting on reconciliation matters Monthly age analysis on claim creditors.
• Daily reporting on queries unable to resolve
• Daily reporting of non-compliance Daily reporting on stakeholder queries Implementation of and adherence to financial management principles to ensure valid, accurate and complete claims creditor reconciliation
• Continuous improvement in internal controls of claims creditor.
Health Systems Trust
May 2008 - May 2009
• Reconciling supplier invoices; Diners account statement with Purchase Order Requisition
• Ensuring that Purchase Orders have the necessary authorization before making payments
• Checking invoices for compliance with the VAT Act
• Reconciliation and processing of staff travel & expense claims via FNB Online Payment facility
• Reconciliation of supplier statements and processing of supplier payment via FNB Online Payment facility
• Addressing queries / variances with regards to overdue invoices appearing on supplier statements
• Correct allocation of payments to different cost centers / programmes.
New Frontiers Tours & Travel
January 2006 - February 2008
• Ensuring that invoices with purchase orders are received and thereafter ensuring that invoice matches the purchase order goods description, quantity and the amount
• Checking for the relevant authorised signatories thereafter processing payments on the system on time
• Liaising with suppliers on sending statements
• Attending to all supplier as well as internal queries and making sure they are properly solved
• Assisting an accountant in preparing Creditors reports
• Producing and processing customer invoices - Debtors
• Allocating receipts, discounts for both local and foreign debtors
• Assisting with queries
• Ensuring aging is accurate and reconciling debtor statements
• Maintaining customer relations
• Handling Cash flow and Bank statements
• Loading payments on the banking system
• Processing all payments and matching to invoices
• Allocating received deposit from Debtors to a cash flow schedule and to Globetrack System
• Preparing Bank reconciliation Statements for both ZAR & USD accounts
• Preparing daily cash flow reports showing available funds and outstanding payments
• Ensuring that petty cash reconciliation is completed on monthly basis
• Preparing T/T - electronic transfers to international clients, allocating forex loss/gain to proper accounts
ABSA - Bellville
June 2005 - January 2006
• Providing administration support to Exceptional Assessment Management team, so as to assist with effectiveness of exceptional assessment Management Process.
• Ensure all a/c & customer details are captured correctly & timely into Service Management System
• Requesting customer file from Metrofile for existing customers if required
• Capturing any customer a/c information changes into FBSS system
October 2002 - March 2005
• Creditors - book value+-R20Mil (Mainly Southern Sun, Sun City and 3 Cities Group a/c)
• Payment to European and other African properties i.e. Southern Cross (Mombasa); Protea Hotel (Nigeria); Holiday Inn (Zimbabwe); Gaborone Sun (Swaziland); Angela Shanley-UK
• Extensive knowledge of Forex transactions
• Attaining daily exchange rates/ agreed rates
• Calculating Forex losses/ gains
• Liaising with travel consultant on queries
• Preparation of creditors reconciliation
• Ensuring outstanding balances are cleared on time
• Preparation of cheque requisition daily
• Sending of payments to creditors & ensuring that queries to creditors are attended to • Efficient processing of creditors payments
• Ensuring that payments are made in accordance with contracted agreement, to avoid interest charges
• Reporting of all missing documents and making follow up
Qualifications & Certifications
NEW FOREST HIGH SCHOOL
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more