MANISH GUPTA Designs
July 2009 - July 2011
Noida, UP (Indo Western Outfits)
From July 2009- July 2011
• Responsible for new designs, patterns, embellishments, concepts.
• New concept of weaving pattern for designs in WLFW S/S 2010.
FAIRLADY CREATIONS, exclusive haute-couture design solutions, Gurgoan, India.
And also with there domestic section with Elisha W.
From June 2004 - Jan 2009
• Responsible for planning, designing and presenting the garment, textile and accessories sample.
• Strategizing and formulating trend forecasts concepts and a general look according to the relevant season.
• Delegating and planning the work-schedule for a team of designers, providing feedback and materials to them.
• Recognizing and developing a key trend that may be effectual in the future collection.
• Organizing and execution customer specified samples, based on the pre-requisites specified or supplied for clients like CHANEL, SOPHIE- HALLETTE, SOLISTISS, MANGO and VERO-MODA.
• Supervising and managing the sampling floor, including tailors, embroidery artisans, hand-finishers and co-ordination with liaison material and fabric supplies and dyers.
• Sourcing cost-effectively samples, motifs, and colors, fabrics references from books, magazines and the internet and material such as palettes, glass beads, swarovski crystals and numerous other surface ornamentation.
• Design the lay-out of the stall décor for the organizations participation in international events such as text world (France), and plural (Spain).
• Keep current on trends by reading trade magazines and attending fashion shows.
• Visit textile showrooms to keep up-dated on the latest fabrics.
• Helping Elisha with her collections
PROJECTS (During course):
• EMBROIDERY: Research of traditional embroideries of different states.
• MERCHANDISING: Study of organization merchandising for exports and brand study of UNITED COLORS OF BENITTON.
• KNITTINGS: Basic knitting (hand flat machine& circular knit), kitted made-ups.
• WEAVING: Basic weaves...
Qualifications & Certifications
Textile Design Technology and Management
PEARL ACADEMY OF FASHION