With over 15 years of experience under my belt, I'm confident that I can handle your content writing needs competently and effectively. Before becoming a freelancer, I've worked for several agencies, writing content for a wide range of marketing collateral, including brochures, websites, posters, leaflets and direct marketing promotional literature.
I believe that effective writing should be attractive and must hold the attention of the defined target audience. When I take up a project, I am wholly focused on delivering an outstanding end product. I am deadline-oriented and will go the extra mile to ensure that your project is completed on time, every time. Hire me as your content writer and you won't be disappointed.
Zynga, Studio I
March 2012 - April 2013
• Mentored and offered creative direction to a team of writers.
• Conceptualized fiction and wrote content for social media games -
(Empires & Allies and CastleVille).
• Successfully oversaw the transitioning of the Empires & Allies content
development to an outside agency.
• Handled key Community responsibilities, in the absence of a Community
Executive on the team.
Project Manager Marketing
June 2011 - March 2012
Managed a team of designers in the Internal Creative Services team.
• Interpreted internal client briefs, designated projects to designers and followed up on work, to meet deadlines.
• Managed the growth and career of individual team members by doing
evaluations, offering constructive feedback and suggesting training solutions.
• Handled large-scale internal projects and received accolades and partner awards for these projects - (Information Protection Day, Business Performance
Excellence Month and the Target Technology Services CoE Fair).
Senior Copywriter and Communications Content Quality Controller
January 2009 - January 2011
• Effectively addressed the cross-medium marketing communication needs of leading companies, primarily in the hospitality industry.
• Researched brands and products to better understand their market position and target audiences, through competitive analysis.
• Created strong, target-oriented content for marketing collateral, including
• Set brand guidelines in place in order to ensure synergy and standardization across communication.
Clients Handled: Emaar Hospitality Group [The Address Hotels & Resorts, Dubai Polo and
Equestrian Club, Nuran Serviced Apartments, Burj Khalifa], African + Eastern, The Yas
Hotel, Dubai Pearl, Media Rotana Dubai, Al Ain Rotana, Polypipe Drainage Systems, S&E
Fencing, Raffles Dubai
February 2007 - December 2008
• Developed content for advertising campaigns, brochures, flyers, posters, direct
mailers, radio spots and press releases, keeping in mind cultural sensitivities and translation requirements.
• Developed positioning statements, tag lines and logo rationales as foundation
elements for brand building.
Clients Handled: Emirates Bank, Emirates Islamic Bank, Jebel Ali International Hotels,
World Trade Centre, Western Union, Union Properties, Porsche Middle East, Accor
Hotels International, Kraft Foods, Dubai Autodrome
Assistant Manager, Corporate Communications
Tally India Private Limited
August 2006 - February 2007
• Revamped the company's website based on content, look, structure and usability and simultaneously launched Tally's online shopping cart.
• Liaised with Product Managers, Technical Managers and web design vendors to ensure content accuracy, and easily navigable web pages.
Head Content Manager
July 2005 - August 2006
• Helped corporate clients take the leap from conventional media to digital media,
cost-effectively and efficiently.
• Conceptualized and created highly effective content and scripts for websites and interactive or animated corporate presentations.
Clients Handled: IBM, Yahoo!, Infosys, The Mind Group (previously CRV Consultants
Pvt. Ltd.), iFlex, Vakils Housing Corporation Limited, The Philadelphia Diamond
Company, Reed Smith
Lowe Lintas & Partners
November 2001 - July 2005
• Met the direct marketing objectives of HSBC in India, by ensuring quantitative
results from qualitative programs.
• Completely reworked the contents of in-branch information booklets for the entire range of HSBC's retail and corporate banking products and services.
• Developed program logistics and content for a variety of the bank's direct
• As part of the Activation Cell, developed content for innovative activation
promotions for Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, Idea Cellular, Bajaj Auto,
ICICI Retail Banking, Prudential ICICI, Fair & Lovely and Domex.
Hindustan Thompson Associates
April 2000 - November 2001
• Devised result-oriented, target-specific direct marketing programs, including
member-get-member programs, loyalty rewards programs and special offer
• Enabled greater sales for clients through personalized communication to customers.
Clients Handled: ITC Maurya Sheraton, ITC - Classic Infrastructure Ltd., Spice Telecom,
Hero Honda, Timex, Hindustan Times, Cargill Foods, BL Kapur Memorial Hospital,
Crabtree India Ltd., Havell's India Ltd., Trident Group of Companies
Copywriter (Management Grade
Saatchi & Saatchi Direct
October 1999 - January 2000
• Co-ordinated and executed the in-house communication requirements of GE
Goldwire Communications Pvt. Ltd
March 1998 - October 1999
• Successfully handled Tata Infomedia as a key client.
• Actively worked on writing and proof reading copy for print collateral.
Commenced career in S&A Communications
June 1997 - February 1998
Collected information and wrote articles for the Titan Watches quarterly
Part Time Experience: Taught English to foreign students at the London School of
Speech, also worked as a student counselor at Aptech Hardcore and worked as a
receptionist at Modi Xerox
Well-versed with MS Office; a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Flash;
comfortable using the Internet for research; active on Social Media platforms.
Freelance Content Writer
Seeking part-time, telecommuting and retainer-based projects from agencies and individuals, who need outstanding content writing expertise.
Past Organizational Experience:
Qualifications & Certifications
English Literature, Economics and Psychology
Mount Carmel College