Pretoria Society of Advocates
From January 2014
Principal State Law Adviser
Limpopo Provincial Government
October 2000 - December 2013
• Providing legal support to the Executive Council of the Province; Premier; Director General; all provincial departments and provincial public entities.
• The formulation and drafting of bills and subordinate legislation.
• Contract drafting and negotiation;
• Managing litigation for the entire Provincial Administration;
• Appearing before various portfolio committees of the legislature to answer questions concerning bills;
• Presiding officer in high profile disciplinary proceedings.
Office of the Premier- Mpumalanga
November 1996 - September 2000
South African Police Service
January 1994 - October 1996
• Proving legal advice and assistance;
• Handling labour disputes (discharges and suspensions)
• Handling departmental appeals and reviews.
Mthembu & Mahomed Attorneys
June 1993 - December 1993
General legal work
Drafting pleadings in civil matters
Representing clients in criminal trials
Qualifications & Certifications
UNIVERSITY OF THE WITWATERSRAND
UNIVERSITY OF THE NORTH
MASTER OF LAWS
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AFRICA
ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN LABOUR LAW
UNIVERSITY OF JOHANNESBURG
TULANE UNIVERSITY (USA)
Postgraduate Diplomain Cyber Law
RAND AFRIKAANS UNIVERSITY