Native English person
My role in this included a lot of administration work, communicating with the buyers in french and english to see to their hospitality needs, and running a series of diverse and eclectic demands which required doing errands in and around the city resulting in a good knowledge of the city thus far.
Duke of Yorks Cinema
October 2012 - September 2013
Brighton BN1 4NA (October 2012- September 2013)
Ushering, Box Office, Bar & Kiosk.
-Working in the UK's oldest cinema has given me loads of individual and necessary skills such as:
The importance of delivering customer service.
dealing with extremely large crowds with multiple complex requests.
cashing up and handling money.
serving food and drinks.
confident and fluent in professional barista training.
Television, Editorial and Theatre Styling Diploma.
A course which I completed from home, involving styling criticism, practical styling and photography.
Wardrobe assistant on Channel 4's 'Misfits'
Day Volunteer at London Fashion Week.
Chief of Events page at S and R Publication 'Sussex Style'.(sussexstyle.com)
In this internship where I worked solely from home, I had the role of events contributor for a double page spread. I learnt some skills about the persistence and endurance needed when involved in making a magazine work. It was a fashion and lifestyle magazine, with a target audience of women aged 30-60, which I sometimes found a tough challenge, although I learnt a lot of really useful skills in the couple of months I contributed to the magazine, such as:
• Contacting clients and obtaining high resolution images to go alongside the copy.
• Attending press releases.
• Interviewing people via phone, my favourite of these was with the creator of 'Biba' Barbara Hulanicki and the creative director of 'STOMP'.
• Working to a very strict deadline.
• Keeping to a set style of writing that was appropriate for the magazine.
April 2011 - October 2011
• Managing social media sites for the bar
• Training and mentoring new members of staff
• Stocktaking and placing orders for both bars
• Responding to customer inquiries
• Managing staff under high demand
• Opening and closing the site
November 2009 - July 2010
• To arrange and conduct interviews with local candidates for research.
• To write features particularly regarding subjects that concern young people.
• This position required a variety of creative skills from feature writing to input on the layout and design of the magazine.
Qualifications & Certifications
Fashion and History
University of Brighton
More House School