Safety Officer With Excellent Reporting And Communication Skills
I have good command over spoken and written English and I can make reports relating to safety matters to my superiors and document accidents and incidents effectively.
A. Sr. Safety Officer
Dar Al Rokham LLC
From November 2006
Having 25 years work experience with 11 ½ years (Eleven and half years) as full time Safety Officer.
Presently, working as a Senior Safety Officer with Dar Al Rokham LLC., Doha Qatar. DAR is a leading Marble Trading and Contracting company in the Middle East. Under their employ, I had the opportunity to work under prestigious projects like, MSHEIREB DOWNTOWN DOHA Project(Qatar), LIMITLESS, AMERICAN HOSPITAL, PRINCESS TOWER AND AL GHURAIR CITY Extn. Phase-2 (Dubai, UAE).
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for implementing OHSAS 18001:2007.
• Prepare HSE Project Plan and submit to the Client prior to the start of the project.
• Coordinating with Main Contractor with site related HSE issues and bringing key issues to the immediate attention of the management for mitigation.
• Daily visit site and gather information about site conditions from the junior safety officers and provide solutions and control measures appropriately.
• Personally monitor critical work activities and randomly give feedback on safety issues. Ensure work is executed safely without breaching safety procedures by the workforce.
• Ensure Tool Box Meetings are conducted daily. Provide weekly Tool Box covering all week's safety issues after Main contractor's weekly meeting.
• Prepare Risk Assessment for hazardous work activities and ensure they comply with the method statement and risk is reduced to acceptable level.
• Prepare site Emergency Response Plan and brief workers and office staff and explain how to respond to in the event of an Emergency condition or Emergency Evacuation Mock Drill.
• Control of potentially hazardous construction chemicals (COSHH) used at site. Sign-post MSDS at conspicuous work locations and enlighten chemical hazards during Tool Box Talks.
• Monthly inspecting the ELCBs installed within the Electrical panel boards with the DAR's site Electrician and submit report to the main contractor's HSE Dept.
• Execute all monthly activities scheduled for the month and...
B. Site Safety Safety
March 2002 - October 2006
M/s Al Habtoor Engineering Enterprises LLC.
Al Habtoor Engineering Enterprises is one of the largest infrastructural companies of the Middle East, based in UAE. Under their employ I had profound opportunity to grow professionally under a group of dedicated, experienced and knowledgeable senior HSE Engineers/officers who were the mainstay of our HSE team. During this tenure, we undertook major construction projects like: Dusit Dubai Tower No. 1, Abudhabi Commercial Bank, Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai International Airport Terminal-3, Burjman Centre, etc.
My main duties were to monitor the buildings allotted me. And the tasks included:-
* Issuance of different Permit to Work in my area.
* Monitor subcontractor workers and co-ordinate safety issues with their safety officers.
* Conduct Weekly Tool Box Talks and maintain records.
* Closing of PTWs.
* Monitor subcontractors critical work activities and ensure they are in line with the Method Statement and Risk Assessment submitted to our HSE Department.
* Enforcement of safety procedures and PPE compliance within my work environment.
* Monitor ambient temperature in summer and inform HSE department to issue notice to stop work when Heat Index was above desired levels. Also periodically check Wind speed, Noise level and Dust Exposure within site and apprise HSE department.
* Conduct Job Specific Training fortnightly for subcontractor workers.
* Inspecting Fire points and serviceability of Fire Extinguishers and hydrants etc.
* Inspect designated floor openings and ensure they are intact and are not tampered with without PTW.
* Keep record of equipments (Forklifts, Boom Trucks, Scissor Lifts and Cranes, Lifting gears and Equipments) have valid Third Party Certificates.
* Collect and compile Subcon daily site safety inspection report and summarize issues and submit to HSE Manager for perusal and pursue follow-up action.
Clerk General Duties
Royal Army of Oman
January 1984 - August 1992
Duties and Responsibilities
This was an uniformed service as a combatant Clerk in the Oman Land Forces Transport Regiment. The work was limited to documentation and correspondence work related to soldiers and a fleet of military vehicles, Leave, Pay and Allowances, Training course and welfare of the soldiers. Nonetheless, I was a young and well sought after clerk among the local Omanis and expatriate nationals alike. Knowledge of Arabic proved to be an advantage for me as an expatriate clerk. In 1992 after the Gulf war, I resigned this job due to family obligations following my marriage.
Corps of Signals - Indian Army
September 1977 - August 1982
Radio and Wireless Operator (Corps of Signals - Indian Army)
Worked as a Radio and Key Board Operator Indian Army, Corps of Signals. Had to operate short range radio sets, Tele-printers and Auto/Manual Telephone exchanges in both peace and field work environments.
Took discharge from the services in frustration, as I failed to get through SSB (Services Selection Board) twice as a Commissioned Officer in the Indian Armed Forces.
1. Received special commendation for Outstanding Performance and Lasting contribution to Safety Requirements on achieving 20 million Man-Hours without LTI. (Got Cash award and citation).
2. Received special commendation for Outstanding Performance and Lasting contribution to Safety Requirements on achieving 10 million Man-Hours without LTI. (Got Citation and Memento.)
3. Received special commendation for Promoting Positive Safety culture and achieving 10 million Man-Hours without LTI. (Got Citation and memento).
Qualifications & Certifications
All India Higher Secondary
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more