Helicopter Engine Technician
Senior Engineer (Testing)
I-Design Engineering Solutions Ltd
From April 2004
• Managing all shop floor activities includes allocation of Manpower/Operators to test rigs based on their skills and criticality, daily test rigs running, and rectification of faults if any.
• Interaction & Co-ordination with Design and Test Engineers of ERC, Tata Motors Limited.
• Conducting Frame Torsion, bending & lateral stiffness measurement tests on BIWs, tests on various front and rear hub bearings as per design verification plan and other tests on Propeller shafts (for Fatigue, static & sliding joint.), front and rear axles, leaf springs, synchrocone gear boxes of various vehicles, differential gears, brake systems.
• Maintenance of various test rigs as per the scheduled plan & data recording.
• Maintenance & trouble free running of D G Set & air compressor.
ARS Engineering Services Pvt Ltd
February 2003 - December 2003
• Maintain & monitor continues compressed air (6 bar) supply to "K Block, Tata motors" Indica / Indigo car plant through compressor Shop.
• Carry out periodical maintenance work of compressors and cooling towers.
Indian Air Force
January 1981 - January 2001
Periodical servicing, Repairs, Fault Analyzing, Rectification & supervision on sophisticated Single Engine Chetak / Cheetah Helicopters & Twin Engines MI - 17 Helicopters.
• Carried out 1st and 2nd line servicing including overhaul of MI-17 H/C engines for 9 years.
• Worked for MI-17 helicopter gas turbine engine test set up development.
• Performed Instructional duties by conducting Routine Training Classes & On Job Training (OJT) on Aero Engine mechanical systems at Mechanical Training Institute.
• Quality control check on petrol, Oil and Lubricants (POL)
• Office correspondence & management of Technical documents.
• MCF Course (Gas turbine engine) Chetek/Cheetah Helicopter, Hyderabad.
• In plant Training Course for Gas turbine engines (HAL, Bangalore).
• TETTRA Course for MI-17 Helicopters (Gas turbine engines), Jodhpur.
• Basic Aircraft Maintenance Engineer course (BAMEC).
• Qualified Technical Instructor Course, MTI, AF, Madras.
• Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Certificate course, Chandigarh.
• Computer science and its application (Basic).
Qualifications & Certifications
Indian Air Force