• Responsible for purchasing activities of the company equipment, spares and third party services - primarily direct materials and services in support of company's crane management and maintenance activities.
• Work as part of a team effectively and assist with duties as and when required
• Communicate with internal members of the company with regards to delivery times, RFQ's, specifications, requisitions status etc.
• Ensure all purchase orders are committed in accordance with authority limitations and correctly recorded.
• Liaison with vendors in processing of non-conformance reports, including written communication with vendors to clarify corrective actions and appropriate close out.
• Upkeep of approved vendor list including vendor assessment documentation i.e. process of vendor questionnaires & audit of vendors in conjunction with HSEQ Department as necessary.
• Processing and input of computerized purchase orders.
• In absence of Purchasing Assistant undertake the following duties:
• Expediting of orders
Update expediting spreadsheet
From January 2009
➢ Location - Afghanistan
* Develop contracts for potential authorities and negotiate with suppliers and maintain all procurement policies.
* Perform assessments on all product and values to maintain quality and Necessary steps for procurement.
* Prepare product delivery schedule and administer all after sales service activities.
* Prepare and monitor all regular reports as required by corporate office.
* Maintain knowledge on all current trends and maintain procurement pipelines according to corporate standards regarding the operational functions
* Support development and implementation of highway categories within program to achieve goals for category management through.
* Assessing current supply chain procurement strategy, cost data and commodity profiles and business needs, in order to convert gathered intelligence into a proposed strategy to leverage best possible value for assigned categories.
* Taking ownership of assigned categories, engaging the customer and supply chain in order to provide the major influence on strategy direction and delivering category benefits.
* Leading change in introducing and embedding assigned categories within a challenging environment across and supply chain. Applying skills and endeavor to challenge existing boundaries where needed and overcome challenges in implementation.
* Drives cost reduction, measures and reviews performance and implements continuous performance improvement, reporting of benefits realization of assigned categories with over-arching business requirements.
* Facilitate the delivery of contractual arrangements and supporting structures required to deliver results on assigned categories. Using knowledge gained and commercial awareness to embed a category management approach and Supply Chain.
* Support the Group Manager in acting as a change agent for assigned categories including driving supply chain relationships, preparing papers and chairing meetings, designing and delivering training solutions...
From January 2004
Location - Kuwait & Iraq
* Responsible for working closely with the selected supplier and managing the company's procurement activities also providing leadership for the purchasing department and motivating staff to achieve maximum performance and efficiency making sure that the purchasing department works within all of the companies Operational Procedures
* Lead a team of procurement specialists and develop them into a super team whom are self sufficient and strive to succeed
* Outstanding communicational, and interpersonal skills, and abilities
* Three years of experience in the field of purchasing and marketing
* In-depth knowledge and understanding regarding the quality and cost control
* Capable of working under peer pressure, and flexible about work timings
* Efficient in coordinating with the overseas members, supervise the purchasing activities
* Look after the driving sales, and its associated profits
* Proficient in handling the documentation records of the purchased products
* Expert and well-trained in handling different kinds of Microsoft packages like MS-Access, MS-Excel and other MS-Office software packages
* Capable of working on varied platforms like Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux, UNIX, etc
* Qualified to deal with the technical complexities of the purchased and shipped products
* Expert in handling the market sales, and associated bottom line profits, supervise the merchandising products, etc.
* Handled the overall administrative tasks, and assisting duties regarding the operational functions
* Trained, motivated, and coached the staff members for efficiently handling the technical aspects of the purchase department
* Supervised, and monitored the work and assignments of the employees, and assisted them in their difficulties
* Prepared, and maintained proper records regarding the purchased, and shipped products for the inventory
* Supervised the cross-functional team members, and guided them in carrying out the strategic sourcing...
From February 1997
➢ Location - 605 Camp Amghara Al Farawaniyah
* Responsible for organizing and maintaining a central facility for the purchase of all goods, services and contracts on a best price / best quality basis Also ensuring the smooth supply of material, consumables and equipment to the company
* Controlling the purchase and supply of all procured items & services Negotiating price and terms of products with suppliers
* Managing, developing & improving the purchasing team
* Benchmarking performance of the Supply Chain
* Establishing terms, pricing, quality requirements, delivery, and contracts
* Adhering to all company policies with particular regard to accounting procedures
* Administering the online purchasing systems
* Reviewing all contracts/agreements to achieve 'best price/best quality' purchasing
* Preparing & processing requisitions, purchase orders & invoices for purchases.
* Giving sourcing input to colleagues to aid business planning & development
* Making recommendations & advising senior management on all purchasing issues.
* Maintaining records of supplier contracts, agreements, goods ordered received.
* Managing vendor relationships and building effective supply chain partnerships.
➢ Key skills & competencies
* Understanding of internet marketing: SEO, etc.
* Ability to identify and implement new procedures and processes
* Have strong oral and written communication skills.
* Vast experience of working with a range of external suppliers
* Excellent judgment and decision making
* Work Environmental & Physical Demands
* Specifications and inquiry preparation, purchasing, expediting, bid analysis, and invoice auditing for manufactured equipment and bulk materials.
* Standard purchasing forms, including bid requests, material requisitions, purchase orders, logs, reports, trending.
* Support engineers and estimators in preparations of estimates by contacting vendors for budgetary pricing for equipment and materials.
* Implementation of contracting strategies...
M.E.W (Ministry of Electricity
From September 1990
➢ Position Held - Sr. Buyer
➢ Location. H.O - Qatar Electricity & Water Co. Qimco Building, West Bay
Doha State of Qatar
* Oversees required processes (e.g. orders, work orders and requisitions for supplies, equipment, conference requests, bids for potential commodities, supplies equipment and services, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring necessary resources to support district operation
* Presents information on administrative procedures, services, regulations, etc. for the purpose of training and orienting other personnel and/or disseminating information to appropriate parties
* Assists with preparing formal bid documents for items and services for the purpose of ensuring that material are in compliance with all Federal and State procurement regulations
* Compiles reference data from a variety of sources (e.g. local and State codes, board policies, vender sources, etc.) for the purpose of reviewing compliance with district policies and procedures
* Processes purchasing-related information (e.g. bid documents, tabulations, requisitions, electronic procurement, product specifications, statements of work, performance terms, contracts, etc.) for the purpose of updating and distributing information, authorizing for action and/or complying with established accounting practices
* Researches contracts, suppliers, equipment and regulations, including evaluation of new products for the purpose of ensuring compliance with budgetary guidelines Informs other staff and vendors regarding procedural requirements (e.g. ordering and purchasing procedures, available funds, etc.) for the purpose of facilitating the purchasing process with established practices
* Maintains purchasing documents, files and records (e.g. Requests for Proposal, vendor files, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines
* Participates in meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of...
Bharat Fritz Warner Pvt., Ltd
From April 1989
Karnataka - India
* Administers bidding process and contracts for vendor performance/compliance within established limits & prepare specifications,
* Evaluate bids, recommend vendors, conduct bid meetings, etc.) For the purpose of securing items and/or services within budget and in compliance with regulatory requirements
* Evaluates order and bid documentation (e.g. requisitions, change orders, bids, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring proper use of district
* Evaluates vendors for the purpose of determining their capability for performing to established specifications
* Assists auditors in providing requested information for the purpose of providing necessary documentation for completion of audit
* Compiles data from a wide variety of sources (e.g. vendors, staff, public agencies, etc.) for the purpose of analyzing issues
* Ensuring compliance with a wide variety of purchasing policies and procedures, and/or monitoring purchasing processes funds in the acquisition of supplies, equipment and/or services
* Issues purchase orders, etc. for the purpose of completing purchasing processes in accordance with established procedures
* Maintains purchasing information, files and records (e.g. Requests for Proposal, purchase orders, vender files, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines
* Negotiates with vendors for the purpose of resolving purchasing issues and/or ensuring purchases are within state and district requirements/regulations
* Participates in unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions
* Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources for the purpose of providing information, direction and/or appropriate referrals
* Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit
Qualifications & Certifications
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more