Claim your profile
Presently Studying at University of Strathclyde M.Sc Ship & Offshore Technology
From December 2012
an agreement has been signed to merge GL with another leading class society DNV to form world's leading classification society. After
Joining GL, I was on training for nearly a year for getting authorized as Exclusive Surveyor for responsible
activities. During training I have spent major time at Hyundai Shipyard (Ulsan) and Hanjin Shipyard
(Busan) at Korea. And also as part of formal training related to Classification Rules and Statutory
Regulations I have spent two months time at head office Hamburg, Germany. After Successful
completion of training I have posted to Mumbai Port for following responsible activities.
• To carry out surveys of new building merchant vessels during construction at shipyard according to
Classification Rules and Statutory Regulations.
• To carry out surveys of fleet in ships periodical/ Non periodical surveys according to Classification Rules and Statutory Regulations.
• Involvement in Approval of Service Suppliers - carrying initial and renewal audits and supervising
• Involvement in Approvals of Materials & Component Manufactures, Carry out regular inspections and factory acceptance tests according to applicable Classification Rules.
• Acting as technical advisor for clients in consultation with our head office subject experts.
October 2008 - August 2013
I have joined as Marine Surveyor to Germanischer Lloyd (GL) Ship Classification Society on Oct'2008,
which is currently known as DNV GL Group. GL was established as a ship classification society by
German ship-owners in 1867, head office located at Hamburg, Germany. Today, more than 7200
January 2008 - September 2008
I have joined as a Technical Consultant / Test Engineer at Geometric Limited. Geometric began as a
part of the Godrej group, one of the oldest and largest business conglomerates of India with expertise in engineering and consumer products, founded in 1897. Geometric was set up as a division of Godrej and
Boyce in 1984. Today it is one of the leading providers of global engineering services, PLM solutions, and outsourced product development in the world. Being one of the pioneers of software technology
Geometric was awarded with a project for development and enhancement of the software for Marine
Classification Society Lloyds Register of Shipping. During my tenure with this company I was responsible for following activities.
• Preparation of technical documents for development based on customer LR requirements.
• Supporting development team on enhancement features and results.
• Contacting LR Plan approval engineers for clarifications and requirements of feature enhancements.
• In house testing of developed projects as per LR trail projects and reporting bugs.
• Responding to LR Queries with respect to developed projects.
Larsen & Toubro Limited
August 2005 - January 2008
(L&T) as a trainee Engineer after successful completion of my
graduation in Naval Architecture Engineering and as selected during campus recruitment. L&T is a
technology, engineering, construction and manufacturing company. It is one of the largest and most
respected companies in India's private sector. Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T) was founded and established in Bombay (Mumbai) in the year1938 by two Danish engineers - Henning Holck-Larsen and
Soren Kristian Toubro. This firm recruited me for e-Engineering Solutions Division of Marine and Ship Design
Centre. During my tenure I was involved in various projects for different activities, and also I was
deputed to one of major shipyards in Thailand for coordination and support of the project. The main
activities involves as under.
• Optimizing main dimensions, developing hull form surfaces and preparing lines plan drawings.
Generating Models in various packages like Napa, Tribon and integrating them.
• Preparing General Arrangement plans and performing weight distribution and estimation activities.
Performing initial design calculations such as hydrostatics, capacity calculations, intact, subdivision and damage stability. Performing freeboard computations and tonnage measurement calculations.
• Performing longitudinal strength calculations and developing midship sectional drawings.
• Performing Scantling calculations and generation class structural drawings like Deck and profile,
Sectional, Deckhouse, and Shell Expansion etc.
• Performing foundation Calculations for Auxiliary Machinery.
• Performing Calculations for Resistance and Propulsion and Generating Drawings for Rudder Assembly and propeller.
• Conducting Inclining Experiments
• Preparation of Hull Model both planar and curved and generating production drawings (Workshop
drawings, assembly drawings, bending templates, rolling data, nesting sketches and tapes for CNC
Qualifications & Certifications
Naval Architecture Discipline
Andhra University College of Engineering
Board of Intermediate Education
Board of Secondary Education
Higher Secondary School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.