Hellerup, Capital Region of Denmark, Denmark
Planning Engineer,Optimization, Drive Test, Log Analysis
Planning and optimization of cellular radio networks
Senior RF planner of Tehran HLD and LLD project
Optimum Network Solution
March 2013 - February 2014
Designation: Senior RF planner of Tehran HLD and LLD project
Eligible to work in Denmark
Fully responsible for all planning activities for all clusters (Ericsson and NSN Regions)
• Link budget calculation and obtaining MAPL.
• Azimuth/Tilt/Ant Height fine tuning, in order to control Overshoot/Interference and filling coverage
• Nominal coverage and capacity planning.
• Evaluation of SAR/SSR/TSS reports.
• Cluster quick win analyzing.
• Per-lunch activities for new integrated sites (Analysis DT report & parameters tuning)
• Parameter mapping for swapped sites from Nokia to Ericsson
Regional Planning and Optimization Manager
September 2008 - March 2013
(Second Mobile Operator in Iran) 2008 Sept. - 2013 March 4.5
Vendor: Ericsson & NSN
Company: MTN Iran-Cell
Designation: Regional Planning and Optimization Manager
• High level and detail plan of more than 3000 roll-out sites (capacity & coverage).
• Nominal Coverage and Capacity Planning for different MTNIrancell Rollout Phases
• Conducting Nominal /Technical Site Surveys for planned sites.
• Evaluation of SAR /SSR /TSS Reports.
• Frequency Planning including BCCH and MAIO Planning, HSN Planning, BSIC Planning.
• Traffic monitoring and analysis of the cells and providing an Expansion Plan to meet the capacity
requirements of the network (e.g. TRX and Cabinet Expansions).
• Implementation of new Features for the existing network (e.g. Power Control, AMR, )
• Daily Network CS/PS/KPI Monitoring (e.g. CSSR, SDCCH CDR, HOSR, TCH CDR, TRX/TSL/TCH
Availability, HO failures, RF Connection Losses, ) and taking action to meet the network targets.
• Evaluation of main sites' KPIs to meet minimum required targets for Provisional Acceptance Test
• Evaluation of Cluster Basis RF Final Acceptance Reports
• Study the Statistics and RF Parameter in OMC, Prepare Drive Test Routes, Perform Drive Test
Analysis, Identify Problematic Areas and Provide Solution to Optimize the Network Performance
• Analyzing of Neighbor statistics for neighbor trimming & missing.
• Network wide Performance Analysis of Dual band Cells (e.g. Traffic carried by 900 and 1800 band
layers and quality issues). Fine Tuning of the Dual Band Parameters for the Optimum Utilization of both the layers (i.e. Overlaid and Underlaid Layers in Common BCCH mode).
• Monitoring of BSS Capacity and Utilization (e.g. Ater and A Interface Usage, Adding TRA Boards/
PGW/RPP and RPG3 magazine, available GSL devices and PCU congestion )
• LAC and BSC Planning for total number of planned sites in each Roll-Out Phase.
• Providing detail planned...
July 2005 - September 2008
Company: Asia Technic Communiction (A.T.C)
Designation: Senior RF Planning & Optimization Consultant for WLL Projects
Eligible to work in Denmark
• Feasible study of subscriber penetration on the rural areas.
• GIS data collection and potential facilities in order to minimizing OPEX.
• Preparing RFI of WLL/DECT technology, for expansion cases.
• Nominal Plan preparation for more than 2000 WLL sites.
• Preparing RFP, evaluating bidders and companies from technical and financial perspectives.
• Preparing SARF/SAR and TSSR templates.
• Supervision on Technical Site Survey (TSS).
• Performing detail plan after site survey/TSS result.
• Frequency Planning over the allocated limit spectrum (4 MHz)
• SSV test and physical parameter retuning.
• Supervision of PAT/FAT
RF Planner & Optimizer Engineer
November 1999 - June 2005
(First Mobile Operator in Iran) 1999 Nov - 2005 June 6 Years
Vendor: Ericsson, Siemens & Nokia
Company: Telecommunication Company of Iran
Designation: RF Planner & Optimizer Engineer
• Planning and optimization of GSM 900/1800 MHz network
• Performing more than 600 TSS over whole country
• Determine RF specifications such as antenna type, bearing, tilt, feeder types etc
• Computer-aided network planning using ASSET planning tool.
• Automatic Frequency Planning on ASSET using ILSA.
• Neighbor list creation and BSIC planning
• Network optimization (Physical & parameter tuning e.g. antenna down tilt, power reduction based on drive test result.)
• Propose hardware & parameter changes in order to reach SLA KPI criteria.
• Model tuning for 900/1800 Band for Iran Major cities
Special Training Courses:
ERICSSON, Kista Sweden
• GSM RAN Signaling,
• OSS-RC overview & OSS-RC system admin for GSM
• GPRS/EDGE Radio Optimization
• GSM BSS 08 GPRS/EDGE Signaling
• GSM Radio Network Tuning
• GSM BSS G11 Radio Network Features
• GSM BSS G11 GPRS/EDGE radio optimization
• GSM Radio Network Features
• Mobile network optimization & service performance
• WCDMA RAN Design/Air Interface
• RBS 6000 Overview
• ENIQ (Ericsson Network IQ) Performance tool
• LTE Access Transport Network
• LTE Radio Network Design/Air Interface
• MIMO in WCDMA and LTE
• LTE Performance management and optimization
MTN IRAN-CELL Trainings
• Mobile/Cellular: Fundamentals of UMTS
• Broadband: Fundamentals of HSDPA
• Broadband: Fundamentals of LTE
• Network and System Security Mechanisms
• Extended Planning Introduction Course
• TOTEM planning tool training
• Ultra sites Architecture
Eligible to work in Denmark
SIEMENS Training Munich-Germany
• SBS System Overview/ OAM Procedures/ Installation Test Procedure BR5.5
• BSS Radio Network Planning
• Enterprise (ASSET Planning Tool and ILSA)
• GSM Applied/...
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Tarbiat Modares
University of Telecommunication