Claim you profile
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
For the past eight years I was worked alongside many Sign Makers and Printers and am experienced in Advertising and Designing signs to specification. Artistic and design skills, computer literate, experience 8 years using plotters cutting and Vinyl applicator(decal fitting)any size,
And vehicle wrapping, and able to use large format printing such as mimaki and Roland (sol jet)and versa camm.Sound knowledge of software including Graphic Advantage 6.2(Gerber) and Sign lab V.5, Flexi sign 7.5, Corel Draw 11,12,13 Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Corel Draw and Silkscreen processing and printing, designing layouts, and Drawing Arts. Flexible and willing to take further training if necessary.
Volunteer worked at All Waste Recycling
Warrington for a period of 4 weeks
Blue Apple Printing
February 2011 - May 2013
with Blue Apple Printing in Chorlton (Manchester) as a Graphic Designer
In Manchester as a Graphic Designer
, Vinyl Applicator.
2009 - 2010 with Blue Apple Printing. In Manchester as (Sign Installation)
2008 - 2009 with Nadeem Signs in Manchester (Sign Installation)
DUTIES FOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Duties for Graphic Designer
• Discussing the requirements of the project (the brief) with clients and colleagues
• Providing costs for the project
• Choosing the most suitable materials and style
• Producing rough sketches or computer visuals to show the client
• Using specialist computer software to prepare designs
• Producing a final layout with exact specifications for typefaces, letter size and colors
• Working to budgets and deadlines
• Producing 3D designs for packaging, exhibitions and displays
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE FOR SIGN MAKER
• Designing signs or working to pre-prepared design
• Measuring and calculating letter size
• Preparing surfaces
• good practical skills
• accuracy and attention to detail
• maths skills, for measurements and calculations
• computer skills
• an understanding of the technology used to produce signs
• awareness of health and safety
• the ability to keep up to date with new skills and techniques
• good spelling and grammar
• creative flair where the job involves design
• Knowledge of lettering styles and fonts.
I design with Adobe Illustrator CS5
Qualifications & Certifications
Hackney Community College in London
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more