I have more than 7 years of solid experience in the field of composites design and analysis and composite tooling design, I have worked in various fields of composite industry like aerospace, marine, architectural, military, and rail. I have had the chance to work with the leading companies in the middle east area.
Project Design Leader
Premier Composite Technologies, Dubai
June 2012 - June 2012
Draft initial charter and project design plan.
- Liaise with clients and consultants to define and stabilize the project preliminary design.
- Identify then resolve all issues and problems during the project conceptual design phase.
- Create project family tree, full assembly, and parts numbering system.
- Design/Model parts throughout different phases of the project (part detailing, tooling, and jigs & fixtures).
- Carry required analysis and calculations to validate all modifications done to the original design.
- Feed and update all design data to the ERP system.
- Work with the design head to prepare and distribute tasks to the draftsmen and junior designers.
- Train and support junior designers during their work.
- Set the department’s design standards and issue/modify the department’s design manual.
- Full support to QA/QC and production departments.
Senior Composite Tooling Design Engineer
Premier Composite Technologies
February 2011 - February 2011
- Liaising with designers and consultants to acquire and refine all data required for the design phase, also periodically checking for updates and studying their effect on the project.
- 3D modeling and full project assembly management using CATIA V5r20 software.
- Modifying initial designs and layup schedules using laminate theory analytically and computer aided.
- Studying the laminate thermal expansion vs mold/tool thermal expansion at various curing temperatures.
- Studying the manufacturability of the designed components and carrying process development duties in conjunction with the production department.
- Mold/Tool design for composite parts ranging from conventional fiberglass to carbon fiber and aramids in all forms available in the market (fiber roles, prepregs, and sprint) using various lamination techniques like hand layup, wet layup, vacuum bagging, infusion, and LRTM.
- Creating milling files, drawings, product catalogs and lamination schedules to be used in production phase.
- Supervising and mentoring junior design engineers.
Premier Composite Technologies
June 2009 - June 2009
- Liaising with designers and consultants worldwide and gathering all needed information to start design phase.
- 3D modeling and full project assembly management using CATIA v5r19 software.
- Conceptual design and analysis of tools and smart mold systems involving inserts and
add-ons to preserve the required tolerances and guaranty higher mold interexchange ability between different composite parts.
- Managed complete project lifecycle from initial concept through construction.
- Finite Element Analysis of steel structures, supports and composite laminates to validate for production phase.
- Creating 2D drawings and following up with production till full execution of the proposed design.
- Carrying out minor R&D tasks to support quality control and production departments.
Composite Design Engineer
Advanced Composites FZC
May 2008 - June 2009
- Design and analysis of composite laminates used in manufacturing GRP pipes, fittings and well casings using classical laminate theory
- Geometrical modeling and implementing of the material properties through structural analysis.
- Study of optimal angle-ply orientation for shells designed for maximum burst pressure of filament wound composite pipes.
- Finite Element Analysis and Experimental approaches studied to verify optimum winded angle.
- Conceptual and detailed mold and tool design for GRP structures.
- Preparation of product catalogs and datasheets.
- Preparation of 2D drawings and production instructions.
January 2008 - March 2008
- Carrying out required analysis to validate changes made to AS-58 luxury yacht structure.
- Took part in some of the design of the AS-68 luxury yacht superstructure and back deck area.
- Generating 3D models and 2D shop floor drawings for production.
- Preparing the design documents & drawings for the RINA type approval certification.
- Design of Boat interiors using Ergonomics design & analysis.
October 2006 - June 2007
-Preliminary and conceptual design of civil aircraft structures.
-Design and analysis of A-6 Environmental Benign Aircraft empennage elevators and their hydrostatic controls and hinging system.
-Design and analysis of Composite laminates used for the elevator’s upper and lower skin and internal ribs.
-Detailed stressing calculations for all designed components.
September 2004 - September 2006
-Responsible for sales and Marketing in Both Emirates and Gulf Area
Qualifications & Certifications
NAFEMS Training on FEA for Composites,
FEA with ANSYS14
Aeromotive Institute of Design
CNC machine operation and basic CAM tools
CAESER II piping stress analysis software
flight course on the bulldog (military training aircraft)
M.Sc. Aerospace Vehicle Design
MCSE and CCNA
B.Sc. (Hons) Aeronautical Engineering