Att: To whom it may concern
Re: Application for Employment
My Name is Mohamed Fareed Vallie and I have successfully completed my B-tech in Internal Auditing at Cape Peninsula University of Technology in 2007. With my qualification, I completed subjects as Financial Accounting, Cost & Management Accounting, Corporate Reporting, Tax, and Management as well as Law subjects.
I then began my corporate work experience as a Pension Fund Specialist in the one of the Big 4 CA Companies in the world for about two years, which allowed me to have exposure to the Financial Services Industry and Liaise with the world’s top Investing/ Banking Companies and Liaise with CA Article clerks, Managers and Partners and then further gained just under a years experience in the Employee benefit sector as an Annuity Administrator at another top and well established financial company and then a further three years as a Risk Quotation Analyst in another and one of the longest and oldest financial service industry companies.
I then decided to complete my TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certificate in South Africa in order to pursue a possible career in teaching abroad as well as to experience a different culture and environment. And therefore got the opportunity to teach English in Thailand to high school students and travel and broaden my horizon out of South-Africa.
But my Passion for business, crunching figures, analytical thinking and the constant learning and development hungers for more. Therefore wish to continue my career in corporate once again.
I believe I possess the prerequisite practical skills as well as communication skills to facilitate my presence in your company. I am more than willing to adapt, learn and accept the various challenges the field has to offer.
Bungla Nakon School
November 2013 - February 2014
• Able to teacher the entire high school effectively.
• Able to run an English camp.
• Teacher the entire high school, with different topics
• Take part in all activities in relation to the school.
• Teach English speaking skills specifically.
• Prepare Mid-term test for all students for grading.
Risk Quotation Analyst at Sanlam Employee Benefits; Group Risk (CT)
a Group Risk
August 2010 - September 2013
• Experience in a Group Risk environment.
• Good knowledge of the Group Risk Industry and Underwriting principles
• Handling of an extreme high pressure/deadline driven environment
• Operational efficiency task.
• Training of new employees.
• Participation in Actuarial Maths classes offered at Sanlam.
• Team player in various types of activities and work tasks.
• Discussion of Risk benefits quotes with Risk consultants on an individual basis, as well as sending off of quotes.
• Trusted with complex and strategic quotes.
• Successfully attended risk rating forums to increase understanding and to be able to reason.
• Calculation of Group Risk rates for prospective new business & existing business with regards to Group Risk Products
• Preparation of claims experience.
• Analyze and investigate relevant information to be able to perform the calculations accurately
• Compilation of Group Risk presentations to clients
• Involved in discussion with Risk consultants and the CEO, regarding strategic quotes.
• Assisting other departments to meet deadlines, when in need.
• Responsible and accountable for deadlines to be met, and irregularities to be highlighted and discussed with higher management.
Metropolitan Employee Benefits (CT)
October 2009 - July 2010
Manage portfolios and achieved other objectives of the area. This will involve having a clear business focus, being in control of their portfolios as well as managing certain projects identified to improve / develop the Risk Admin area. Ensure that the various objectives are met; also ensuring that accurate records of the team's portfolio are maintained. Achieved extensive knowledge and skills through experience in the Employee Benefits sector, with regards to payments and calculation of Annuity payments in accordance with the Rules/Contract of the Fund. Optimum use of systems, enhanced communication, training, and development. As well as handling any queries/updates from clients with regards to their claims.
• Assisting with general office administration
• Receiving, checking, acknowledging and recording of all incoming and out-going incapacity claims.
• Drafting and forwarding of claim feedback letters and correspondence
• Tracking of claims data on relevant spreadsheets and the claims database
• Ensuring the timeous delivery of claim reports and adherence to turn around times
• Assisting claims assessors with arranging of secondary specialist referrals using the established service provider networks
• Filing and storage of all claim files and documents
• Logical compilation of claim files
• Handling telephonic claim queries, analysing and extracting appropriate information and determining response to client enquiry.
• Alerting Team Leader of operational flaws that adversely affect the claims assessment process, the image of the organisation and those that impede the flow of business or negatively impact other areas
• Professional communication with clients and service providers
• Assisting in compilation of training manuals and other administrative tasks associated with training
• Assisting with the processing of service provider accounts
Reason for Leaving:
Temporary, Better prospects. Diversify my skills and knowledge. Take up a new...
Strong, Excellent, Effective Client liaison, professional relationship
Auditing of Financial
February 2008 - July 2009
Employment Duration: Contract Basis 02 February 2008- 31 July 2009.
Achieved extensive knowledge and skills through experience, Auditing of Financial statements of Financial services, Investment Companies (Retirement, Provident, Pension and Hedge Funds).
Strong, Excellent, Effective Client liaison, professional relationship. Working effectively and efficiently in diverse teams at numerous times at numerous different clients.
Assisting Senior Article clerks in Auditing/testing of financial statement balances, closing off open review notes from Seniors and Managers. File check, attending to outstanding queries. Successfully Closing off Audit Files. Backing up of Audit Files.
Understanding of clients business and processes and financial statement balance's, reading and understanding the rules of the Fund concerned, as well as identifying risks and controls.
Bank confirmations, requested transactions from bank statements, tested and recorded Unrecorded liabilities Testing, Bank Reconciliation testing and Statutory compiled. Comparing previous and current AFS (Financial Statements), Referencing and Casting, Drafting thereof.
Filing in appropriate currencies to Attaining relevant exchange rates, and calculating the conversion. Investment testing.
Testing of expenses, initial and ongoing Fees, Members testing. Controls testing, Testing of processes .Operating expenses testing-detailed testing
Completing Model Audit Programs. , Classification testing
Creating Lead sheets Statutory. Contributions testing on all funds:
Interest testing. FSB S14 Transfers
Editing expenditure cycle, with editing done from Financial Manager, Performing Expenditure D&I Testing.
Reconciling Tb's, Income statements and balance sheets, creating combined Lead sheet for pack referencing.
Resolving differences and referencing to the pack
Receivables Testing. Investment Fees Testing. Bank Reconciliation. Payables testing.
Agreeing underline holdings
Accuracy of download...
Sales Consultant @Markham N1 City Mall
Weekends & Holidays
June 2007 - December 2007
Qualifications & Certifications
Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Cravenby Secondary School Cnr York & School Street