Investment Analyst & Financial Accountant
From June 2011
Control, Audit & Maintain four Projects in Angola:
- Financial analysis & Control
• Review and update the business plan, undertake regular monitoring of performance and report progress.
• Analysis (Cash flow projections, Monthly detailed revenue, projects Variance analysis, Detailed benefit analysis).
• Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
• Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts.
• develop and maintain financial databases
• Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
• Develop and maintain budgeting databases.
• Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
October 2009 - June 2011
• Preparing and verifying the monthly customers billing of the company.
• Verifying and booking all the supporting documents (travel expenses, communication expenses, petty cash, and others).
• Reconciling the bank accounts, Affiliates Account, Amex accounts and booking of all the pending transactions.
• Maintains the various ledger accounts including reconciliation of the District general ledger, revenue accounts, expenditures, and cash balances.
• Preparing the end of month entries (accruals, prepaid expenses, deferred revenues, sales incentives, etc ).
• Prepare Financial Statement (Balance sheets, Income Statement, etc )
• Preparing "List of Purchase orders received from our customers not billed or recognized".
• Handling the "Assets and Depreciation" list that should be updated on a monthly basis.
• Preparing a physical inventory for the assets by employee and or by type.
• Preparing the "cost by Project" on a monthly basis.
• Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
• Reviews accounting documents to ensure accuracy of information and calculations and makes or directs correcting entries.
Division Senior Accountant
ROLACO Trading & Contracting Group
February 2009 - September 2009
• Records organization's business transactions and retains all accounting records.
• Verifies, and reconciles bank accounts, accounts payable, accounts receivable, prepaid expenses, affiliates accounts, accrued expenses, expenses, payroll, and other ledger accounts.
• Maintain Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Net Asset, Accounts Payable, and Support & Revenue Schedules.
• Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule.
• Prepare work papers for annual financial audit.
• Analyze revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
• Prepare and enter various journal entries to properly classify expenses and revenues.
• Assist in analysis and interpretation of accounting reports for use by management.
Vodatel - SkyBand
February 2008 - January 2009
• Maintains, reviews, and participates in developing and recommending improvements to accounting policies, processes, and procedures; designs, implements, and improves daily work and month-end processes and procedures to ensure accurate and complete information within established time frames.
• Provide accurate and reliable information / data as a reconciliation data to produce financial (A/R) reporting in timely manner.
• Provide monthly receivable prepaid reconciliation / perform monthly closing.
• Analyze AR aging reports, actively follow-up on collections, and research outstanding accounts.
• Liaise with the Order Management Team regarding disputed invoices.
• Establish and maintain cordial and mutually beneficial relations with Customers, Order Management and Sales Managers in the area of credit and collections.
• Prepares journal entries & reconciles GL and subsidiary accounts.
Allied Computer International
September 2004 - January 2008
• Prepares journal entries and posts to general ledger.
• Maintains a wide variety of fiscal information, files and records (e.g. District wide General Ledger and Balance Sheet, cash Flow statements, accounts payable, purchase orders, contracts, asset inventory, etc.) for the purpose of determining/enacting borrowing necessities and/or providing an up-to-date reference.
• Maintain highest internal control standards to avoid inaccurate accounting data entry.
• Review financial analysis of operating results, and developing reports.
• Provide recommendations to management for establishing and achieving profit objectives, expense reporting and analysis, financial reporting, forecasting revenue, preparation of budgets.
• Prepare income statements, balance sheets, tax returns, and reports for government regulatory agencies (VAT), CNSS.
• Oversee accounting departments and audit functions.
February 2002 - August 2004
• Made Training on ABS Accounting & Inventory Program
• Solving problems
• Trouble shooting
• Provide analysis, definition and direction to computer-related development and maintenance activities.
Qualifications & Certifications
American University of Science & Technology
Management Information System
American University of Science & Technology
Economy & sociology
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more