Cruise Ship Staff
Social Media Specialist, Customer Service Agent, Front Desk Administrator and the ability to learn new skills quick and efficiently.
Digital Brand Manager & Social Media Specialist
The Social Core Group
December 2012 - April 2013
Period of Employment: December 2012 - April 2013
● Developing Marketing strategies for client promotion virally to boost Sales and company promotion.
● Daily Social Media Management of the Client's Facebook, & Twitter Pages and developing viral content daily for customer engagement.
● I played an integral role within the company by gaining over 7000 additional Page Likes' for Digicel Barbados's Facebook Page and over 3000 additional Follows on Twitter within my tenure with the Company.
● I developed important Reporting Standards and Position Guidelines & Descriptions for employees within the company.
● I managed the Social Media platforms for Digicel Barbados, Digicel Antigua & Cave Shepherd & Company Ltd.
● Daily customer service functions & interactions with customers via Facebook and Twitter were mandated and this gravely helped companies realize the pivotal role that Social Media has taken up within our society and moreover, globally as it relates to marketing & promotion of companies & products.
Marketing & Social Media Specialist
Renaissance Entertainment & Marketing Concepts
April 2012 - December 2012
● Developing Marketing and Public Outreach Strategies to promote the company's services, Events, Artist and Staff on all Platforms of media in Barbados.
● Created and Managed the Company's Social Media Profiles, Pages & Campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Websites for Events, Promotions, and Surveys & Polls.
● Created, Edited and Uploaded Video Slides for Music & Video Releases, Event Promotions, Products & Services and Artist Promotion.
● Created posters and edited photos using Photoshop and Picasa to promote Artist, Events and the Company on various Social Media Platforms, including the ones listed above and providing adequate hard copy Prints for physical use.
● Assisting with the daily operation of Renaissance's Studio by Recording and Engineering Artist and Corporate Agencies personnel.
Sales Assistant, Wines & Spirits Portfolio
Stansfeld Scott & Co. Ltd
January 2012 - March 2012
Department: Sales & Marketing Department
Period of Employment: January 03rd, 2012 - March 31st, 2012
● Managed Merchandising across the Supermarket Channel in Barbados.
● Meeting Sales Promotions' deadlines for new wine brands.
● Making sure Supermarket's Store Rooms' were fully stocked and Products are well represented, based on guidelines, on a daily basis.
● Organizing meetings and liaising with Brand Managers about future Promotions.
● Creating good Marketing concepts to aid Brand advertising & the Company's overall growth.
Clerical Officer (Administrative Assistant)
Republic Bank Barbados
June 2008 - May 2011
Department: Treasury Department, Corporate Accounting Department
Period of Employment: June 30th, 2008 - May 30th, 2011
● Primary duty in this role; to consistently maintain and Balance the Central Bank of Barbados (CBB) and the Barbados National Bank ((BNB) Reconciliation Reports on a daily basis.
● Daily Follow up and removal of all outstanding entries from the Bank Reconciliation.
● Process Wire Transfers, the Purchase and Sale of Foreign Exchange and Local Currency.
● Process Transactions for Government Savings Bonds, Debentures, Gov't Loans., BNB's Debtors & Creditors and all the Checks processed and cleared across the BNB's Branch Network.
● Processing all transactions done through the Central Bank of Barbados Real Time Gross Settlement System (CBBRTGS).
● Secondary duties included but not limited to; providing support to the entire Department in the areas of Administrative tasks, Technical Assistance with Computers, Microsoft Office Suite, Printer & Fax Machine problems, ordering Department Stationery authorized by Manager.
● Good Customer Service was integral in this Position. Having to contact both Internal and External Customers, locally and internationally, relating to mistakes and errors made by Branch Personnel on the Banks Intranet System.
● Contacting customers & following-up on outstanding items that were either payable or receivable to the Bank or the Customer, respectively.
● In 2009, I was selected to join the Barbados National Bank's Corporate Accounting - Balancing Team. Our duty and goal was to carefully and accurately balance the entire Bank's Financial Statements, starting with individually balancing the Branches Balance Sheets, Loan and Profit and Loss Accounts, Income Statements and Investments.
● Also, making sure customer accounts relating to Loans were up to date for the conversion to BNB's New Banking System, Finacle (Conversion Period: 2009/2010).
Marketing & Store Manager
May 2008 - June 2008
The Daily Management of the Store.
● Efficient Customer Service and daily marketing of the Store's Products and Services.
● Cashier Duties and making sure each cashier balanced.
● Supervising and assisting with the overall presentation of the Cafe.
The Bank of Nova Scotia
October 2006 - July 2007
Department(s): The Broad Street Branch & the Personal Banking Department.
Date: Oct 01st, 2006 - July 30th, 2007
Positions Filled were;
● Administrative Assistant for the Personal Banking Department.
● Frontline & Remittance Teller within the Broad Street Branch.
● Filer for the Personal Banking Department.
● Providing Support to entire Branch Unit.
Qualifications & Certifications
The Lester Vaughan School
General Proficiency Level
The University of the West Indies
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more