Profile Innovative, Energetic, And Proactive Senior Professional With Over Two Decades Of Business.
Innovative, energetic, and proactive senior professional with over two decades of business, engineering and managerial experience, possessing the highest level of integrity. Proven background in development and implementation of strategic plans that result in increase market shares, operational efficiencies and achievement of organizational objectives in a multinational corporation environment.
UTACON ProInvest s.r.l
Activities field: provides general consultancy for civil & industrial investors and developers on the Romanian
I am leading the business and administrative activity in the company.
Acting for / with:
- Administrative support for new companies or multinational companies' subsidiary with Romanian new
- Marketing Action Plans provider for different clients' fields; Romanian market information and studies
provider, punctual at client request.
- Brands promotion on the Romanian market / Branding and rebranding / Event's organizer;
- Local clients Sales network builder according with EEC producers' business policy;
- Business support for foreign construction companies; I am offering to our clients High EEC expertise in buildings steel envelope complete systems solutions (roof and walls) / HR business support;
The company's collaborators have EEC compatible experience obtained in last 15 years worked in partnership with or for EEC business organization.
UTACON Management s.r.l
Romanian - Finnish joint-venture providing professional services for commercial, industrial and residential
UTACON Management s.r.l
I am leading the business and administrative activity in the company. "UTACON Management s.r.l." is
preparing to deliver the right complete construction solutions for civil or industrial building investments.
Together with company's partners and outsourcing independent specialists, company's collaborators, I am
- Land acquisition support for Greenfield investments;
- Legal construction permits;
- Complete Design (civil steel structure - included foundations, architecture, installations, );
- Civil steel frame or concrete structure systems: site deliveries and erection;
- Complete metallic solution systems for Building's envelope (walls & roof): site deliveries and execution;
- Complete installations: HVAC, electrical, sewage, others;
- Complete execution - subcontractors contracting & site supervisor;
- Complete legal guaranties provider;
There are providing for civil & industrial building investments:
- Commercial TKD Offers;
- TKD Contracts & EEC "know how" level at excellent price.
There are focus to manage our client's needs by:
- Best Report Quality / Price;
- Requested delivery time.
- Identified target key alliances and maximized strategic competitive advantages for the major players in the Romanian industrial buildings market.
- Provided Marketing and Strategic Planning services for new business development.
- Consulting services in business case development, contract negotiations, legal, freight, and insurance.
- RFP management process, customization of client proposals and presentations.
- Personnel hiring process support, business metrics and staff performance measurements.
- Professional services supplier of choice for the top three Romanian industrial buildings clients.
Country Business Operations Director, Romania
Ruukki Romania s.r.l
1.1 Business operations, Sales: last year turnover ~ 11.00 M Euros.
- Led the business transformation from a simple steel components sales office (Rannila RO) to a national
branch offering fully integrated, end-to-end solutions, Ruukki RO s.r.l.
- Defined the strategy that supported both near-term and long-term Ruukki's objectives in Romania,
including: business development, marketing, relationship management, new sales, procurement,
engineering and technology development.
- Developed and delivered an effective brand plan, including product & range development, pricing,
marketing communications & promotional activity.
- Established, implemented and led the charter and roadmap for Romanian branch's new departments
business process: Sales Dpt., Construction & Execution Dpt., Engineering & Design Dpt., Marketing Dpt. and Steel Buildings Contracting.
- Presented the key results and initiatives of the Romanian branch on the Business Operations Reviews
monthly with peers from Central Europe countries and Ruukki Romania executive management. Each
month Meetings Reports in different EEC countries.
- Planned, implemented and monitored quarterly forecasts, one-year projection and annual budget.
- Selected, trained, supervised and evaluated the work of management and direct reports; approved
staffing allocations and personnel performance reviews.
- The excellent sales figures and business results obtained by the Romanian branch under my direction,
constituted the key factor in Ruukki's decision to build 3 new "green projects" factories in Romania,
investments estimated at € ~50 M Euros. Investment complete finalized in 2008.
- Developed the business strategies that increased the sales revenue from € 250K to more than € 18M per
- Successfully planned and executed the difficult transition from Rannila Oyj brand to Ruukki Oyj brand.
- Reduced staff turnover by 15% in 2007, benchmarking a record-setting improvement in staff retention
due to the...
Ruukki Romania s.r.l
(RO branch of former Rautaruukki Oyj / actual Ruukki Oyj Finland) 2003-2008
Ruukki Oyj Finland: supplier of metal-based components, systems and integration services. Ruukki Oyj
operates in 27 countries and employs 11,700 people. Net sales in 2009 were approx. € 2B.
Country Industrial Sales Director
Ruukki Romania s.r.l
Identified and acquired new national accounts that have had a major strategic impact on the long-term
success of the Ruukki Group.
- Evaluated long-term sales trends, margins and competitor activity and drive growth through the clients
- Lead customer interviews to determine unmet needs and translate them into new
products/solutions. Make recommendations and evaluations on new product opportunities.
- Generated quarterly market SWOT analysis and distributed to Executive Management.
- Managed the Procurement from Finnish factories and various European vendors and suppliers (Sweden,
Poland, Slovakia, Hungary)
- Increased the sales figures for industrial building construction business by 90% Year-over-Year from 2003
- Facing the fierce competition on the emerging Eastern European market, I successfully positioned
Rautaruukki Group Oyj interests such as most of the major public or private projects, commercial or industrial works in the Romanian market were awarded in part or entirely to one of the Rautaruukki Oyj
- Built the whole network of Romanian customers for the industrial buildings construction business.
- Presented the key results and initiatives of the Ruukki Romania s.r.l. - Romanian branch, on the quarterly Business Operations Reviews monthly with peers from Central Europe countries and
Rautaruukki Oyj executive vice presidents management. Meetings in different EEC countries.
Manager, Sales and Procurement Department
Sr. Staff Member, Sales and Procurement
Engineering, Management Consulting and Business Development
SERACOM International Group
European Union projects outsourced to Romania. Key customers include: ABB, Akzo Nobel, Belgacom, Dow
Chemical, General Motors, Mannesmann, Michelin, Procter & Gamble, Shell, Total Fina Elf Group.
Project Design Senior Engineer
Managed Auctions, Subcontractors negotiations, Budgets builder and Bid evaluation for procurement,
Purchase Order elaboration, ERP updates, and Contracts draft elaboration.
- Reported and provided evidence to the purchasing team of savings and benefits delivered through the effective management of ERP systems (SAP and CORE ERP).
- Conduct regular reviews of existing contracts with suppliers to ensure competitiveness and value for money is being achieved.
- Ensured the projects are maintained within planned profitability range.
- Introduced training programs that enhanced employee performance and helped build a motivated
- Design Engineering and Project Management for European Union outsourced projects.
- Establish strong vendor relationships, perform high-level negotiations, and manage the appointment of suppliers through comprehensive Invitation to Tender (ITT) process and contract negotiations.
- Assisted for preparing, certifying and then promoting the new status of SERACOM following the prestigious TUV Rheinland certification.
- Contributed to 25% - 30% increase in revenue; elaborated new Sales & Procurement internal procedures.
Project Engineer, Prototype Designs
IPROCHIM provides turn-key engineering solutions for Romanian process industries as well as various
feasibility studies, design solutions, consulting and technical evaluations for clients around the world.
Project Engineer, Prototype Designs
Custom design solutions for process industries apparatuses and systems such as pressure vessels, reactors w
& w/o mixers, liquid separators (vacuum filters, plate filters), dust separators (cyclones, bag filters,
electrostatic precipitators), shell and tube heat exchangers, etc.
- Specially selected from 1,500 employees to be part of the 1% elite team of professionals handling
international special projects (outsourced or capital improvement).
- Designed an innovative chemical reactor based on two year Research & Development study; once
implemented, this prototype improved by 300% the in-line productivity.
Chemical Process Mechanical Engineer
Inorganic Pigments & Dyestuffs Chemical Complex, approx. 5,000 employees
Maintenance Deputy Chief
Evaluated and documented manufacturing/maintenance processes and methodologies. Analyzed and re- engineered production/maintenance process layouts, designing and implementing efficiency and quality
improvement projects across production lines.
- Conceived and implemented the first Documentation Control System for Maintenance Department's
machine shop, reducing time waste and rework by 30%.
- Researched, designed, tested, manufactured and successfully put into service a new sealing system for high-pressure pumps used in the chemical process lines, reducing the equipment downtime by 60%.
- Improved the preventive maintenance methodologies thus enhancing the end-to-end production time.
Qualifications & Certifications
Management / Financial Management / Marketing
Polytechnic University Bucharest