- Full time
- Part time
- One time
finance, corporate treasury
Group Financial Manager
• Oversaw the cash management and treasury functions including cash forecasting and relations with banks.
• Established policies and procedures for cash, accounting, credit and collections and procurement in line with the business models.
• Managed insurances and risk as well as ensured appropriate coverage is maintained.
• Reviewed legal and financial aspects of contracts.
• Trained the team with the goal to achieve best practices.
• Developed the Navision ERP system to be operational in an internet environment at all locations.
• Ensured filings are completed on time and in line with regulations in each country.
• Developed the internal review function of controls and policies for finance and operations as well as ensured that all concerned adhered to the policies.
• Presented regular financial reports and analysis including key metrics report and key performance indicators of each entity and of the Group.
• Developed and prepared the financial management reporting forms and processes to support the ongoing and future needs of the businesses.
• Lead the annual business plan development and budgeting process.
• Developed financial models and analysis processes to support the development of long term strategic initiatives and business plan.
• Understood and monitored company liabilities that arose from legal contracts, statutory and tax obligations and hidden liabilities in the form of contingencies, leases or insurances.
• Translated the operational metrics into measures of performance; such as, balanced scorecard and financial statement ratio analysis, in order to report the expected and actual financial performance.
Arabian BEMCO Contracting Company
in industrial and power projects including co-generation, combined cycle and steam power plants. Bemco owns a large fleet of construction equipments and employs in excess of 18,000 employees. Revenue generated during 2010 was in excess of US$ 1.3 billion. Currently, Bemco is ranked 148th in ENR Top International Contractors (2010).
Consolidated Contractors International Company S.A.L
CCC is predominantly a construction company providing project management, engineering, procurement and construction services for oil & gas petrochemical works, pipelines, buildings and civil engineering works, marine works and maintenance of petrochemical installations and underwater structures. Also, as partner in the PSA relating to the Masila Oilfield in Yemen, CCC earned its expertise in the exploration, development and production of oil and gas fields. CCC owns 17,801 units of equipment with value in excess of US$ one billion. It employs 110,000 employees composed of over 60 nationalities. During 2010 total sales was in excess of US$ 6.4 billion. Currently, CCC is ranked 19th in ENR Top International Contractors (2010).
National Petroleum Construction Company
United Arab Emirates www.npcc.ae
NPCC is an established global construction company that provides total engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) as well as Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services in the development of offshore and onshore oil and gas fields for the Arabian Gulf and the regional markets. During 2010, NPCC was awarded projects for US$ two billion.
Finance Executive Director
Under this title, I was in charge of the following functions for the head office and the eight projects including two EPC projects with values in excess of US$ one billion each and two long term O&M contracts.
• Introduced the required forms and trained the projects accountants to prepare and report the annual income statement budget and the cash flow plan.
• Prepared the annual business plan and the consolidated cash flow plan for the Group for the review and approval of the CEO and submission to the Board of Directors.
• Reviewed the monthly income statement and cash flow reports from the projects, analyzed variances between the actual / forecast with the annual budget and plan and reported to Management on potential wastes, deviations and potential losses.
• Reviewed the monthly corporate overhead in comparison with the approved budget.
• Prepared the monthly consolidation of the income statement for the Group and submitted it to the CEO.
• Prepared and submitted to the Finance Committee the cash flow report for the current month and cumulative to date (actual versus plan versus forecast) and monthly forecast for the next six months. This report identified any excess or deficit in the cash position of the Group.
• Prepared and submitted to the Finance Committee market risk assessment report and investment planning report in order to maximize the returns on the available financial resources at an acceptable risk levels.
• Two senior and one junior analyst reported to me directly and all the projects accountants assisted with the reports.
Under this title, I was in charge in the head office of the monitoring and control of the financial results of six subsidiaries ranging from construction, engineering, manufacturing, fabrication, services and investments. Four of the subsidiaries were registered under jurisdictions outside Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the rest in the Kingdom. My responsibilities included:
• Supervised the preparation of the annual business plan that included income statement budget, cash flow plan, capital expenditure requirements, market analysis and identification of new opportunities or risks.
• Monitored the monthly closing of the financial records in order to be sure that all the transactions for the period were recorded.
• Reviewed the monthly financial reports including balance sheet, income statement and cash flow as well as reported variances with the annual budget.
• Reviewed on quarterly basis the aging reports for the receivables and the payables as well as the inventory report.
• Assisted the management of each subsidiary to assess and report on potential market risks or opportunities.
• Reviewed the calculations for the income tax and recommended methods to reduce it.
• Coordinated with the internal and external auditors.
• Since BEMCO used JD Edwards as the ERP system, introduced and implemented the same system in the operations and accounts of each subsidiary.
• Two senior and one junior analyst reported to me directly and all the accountants in the subsidiaries assisted with the reports.
Head of Finance and Administration
Byblos Bank Armenia, Armenia
• Ensured that the accounting, reconciliation, budget control and reporting activities were efficiently providing the Bank with adequate financial support.
• Reviewed the Bank's annual Purchasing plan and high-value purchasing requests.
• Monitored the Administration activities and ensured they are being conducted according to the Management directives and related policies and procedures.
• Oversaw the functioning of Human Resources and ensured its consistency with the Bank's strategy.
• Ensured that the Bank was receiving adequate Information Technology support for its Head Office and Branches.
• Made sure that the Bank was complying with security norms and regulations.
• Ensured that proper credit information and administration services were supplied to the Bank's Business Functions in a way to minimize risk.
• Ensured that clear guidelines were set for Retail loan approvals and collections/follow-up in coordination with the corresponding departments in Byblos Bank Group in Lebanon.
• Supervised the back-office Operations activity and ensured it was adequately supporting the Bank's business functions.
• Ensured that the Bank was compliant with the Anti-Money Laundering policies and procedures imposed by the regulatory and monetary authorities in Armenia.
• Monitored all marketing, advertising and communication activities in order to establish a positive and highly visible corporate image of the Bank and hence boost sales. Followed up the launching campaigns of new products as well as other events.
• Reviewed the Finance, Administration, Operations, Risk Management and Marketing/Communication annual objectives, business plans and related budgets before being submitted to the Management Committee.
• Ascertained that the employees under my responsibility were respecting the Bank's internal policies and procedures especially the code of conduct.
• Was responsible for promoting good communication channels with other Departments/Units and within the whole Group.
of the Treasury and Finance department that I started it alone in charge of the cash management function at head office and evolved it within the next few years to become in charge of the treasury and finance functions of the worldwide (USA, Europe, Africa, Middle East, ex-CIS countries and GCC countries) operations, regions and subsidiaries with the help of highly motivated assistants.
• Reported directly to the Group Vice President of Finance & Administration and to the Group Vice President Treasury & Insurance.
• Managed a team of two senior and three junior financial officers in the head office.
• After thorough review of financial strengths and financial offers, recommended to the Board for their approval regional and global banks.
• With regards to Masila Oilfield, I reviewed the financial aspects in agreements relating to exploration, farm-out, development and production. Also, I checked the cash calls, monthly progress reports, billing statements, revenue allocations and tax calculations.
• After restructuring cash management operations and creating treasury centers in the major regions, trained the accountants in the projects and regions to handle cash management functions and to prepare reports with regards to liquidity positions, collections, overdue receivables and cash flows.
• Ensured that the Treasury Manual was updated regularly and all treasury staff had their updated set.
• Undertook regular reviews and in-depth analysis of the Group's short and medium term cash positions and requirements in order to ensure availability of funds at all times and minimize interest costs and bank fees.
• Reviewed all regional and global issues that impacted decisions relating to interest rates, commodities, exchange rates and financial risks. Reported to Management the availability and the need to hedge exposures in the financial markets.
• Ensured excess funds are placed in fixed deposits and derivative products to ensure maximum gains from the available...
Head of Financial Accounts
• Was in charge of all the financial accounting activities of the company.
• Learned strong communication and presentation skills while preparing and reporting quarterly and year-end financial statements for internal and external auditors review.
• Developed strong leadership and team-work skills.
• In charge of 22 employees.
• Prepared various business plans and budgets for new and existing projects.
• Assisted in the preparation and reporting of overhead budgets.
• Coordinated with and reported the financial positions of the Saudi Arabian and Qatari branches.
Senior Project Accountant
• Considering that the project was executed by a joint venture between my employer and Fred Olson Company, I had to report to the Finance and Administration of each party in order to satisfy their reporting requirements.
• Maintained accurate accounting records and checked all requests for payments to suppliers and sub-contractors with purchase orders, agreements and progress reports.
• Prepared and reported monthly financial reports, mid-year and year-end financial requirements, monthly bank positions and cash flow reports, operational budgets versus plan and collections/aging position.
Prepared budgets, overhead summaries, monthly reports and year-end reports for each project assigned, along with special reports when requested.
Consolidated Contractors International Company S.A.L
Checked and reconciled reports received from projects, area offices and the managing office in order to prepare the consolidated financial income statement, balance sheet and other summaries by Region and for the Group.
Qualifications & Certifications
Bachelor of Business Administration
Business Administration. Main subjects