I worked 15 years with Telstra as a maintenance fitter and then another 7 years in Exoticar Parts working as a parts manager and also a maintenance man.
Proprietor as a State General Manager
From January 2009
Jan 2009 to date In January 2009 the business Exoticar Parts was yet again sold to my current employer. I was re-employed by the new Proprietor as a State General Manager. I organized the transfer and the relocation of the business to premises in Moorebank, NSW. I was in charge of planning and refurbishing the premises to meet the needs of the business including implementing the storage, location and data entry of all the spare parts and merchandise owned by the business.
I continue to be employed by Exoticar Parts as a State General Manager and I continue to perform the duties as set out above.
Parts Interpreter and Manager
Sydney American Imports
Up to December 2008
, Silverwater, NSW selling spare parts for Porsche motor vehicles. My duties included:-
• dealing with the public either on the telephone or in person selling various Porsche parts;
• liaising and purchasing parts from other spare parts' dealerships;
• computer entry of sales and parts;
• selling and purchasing parts over the internet;
• collecting and delivering parts to customers;
• organising the packaging and shipment to customers interstate or overseas;
• researching over the internet;
• attending auctions and purchasing damaged Porsche motor vehicles;
• banking and reconciliation of sales made each day;
• general office work;
• stripping damaged Porsche motor vehicles to salvage parts which are eventually sold;
• designing and organizing the manufacturing of merchandise and novelties such as t-shirts, mugs, jackets which were sold to customers to promote the business name;
• attending annual car shows where I sold our merchandise and novelties and promoted the business.
This business was eventually sold in 2007 and changed its name to Exoticar Parts (Proprietor - Nick Petsas). I working with the new employer until December 2008 in the promoted role of General Manager. During this period we moved the business premises to North Parramatta and I to carry out the duties as set out above.
Up to December 2000
Employed with Telstra for 14 years. During those years my duties involved working as a maintenance fitter in tunnels and in various telephone exchanges, iron manufacturing and working in the power section with back up systems for the telephone exchanges with buzz bar and batteries. For the first 10 years or so I worked all over the NSW country side doing battery maintenance and power work - I would be away for weeks at a time. During the last years of my employment with Telstra I carried out electrical testing. My position was made redundant in December, 2000.
(NSW) as a Fitter & Turner
Employed with this company for 2 years.
and became a full tradesman - Qualified Fitter & Turner.
Commenced employment with Jarvis Tubular at Artarmon (NSW) as a qualified Fitter & Turner. Employed with this company for 2 years.
Qualifications & Certifications
Fitter and Turner
Sefton High School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more