Claim you profile
Milada Cogginsová Zajíčková
Wantage OX12, UK
Czech Translator, Czech - English Interpreter, Czech Conference Interpreter, Czech Copywriter
Czech - English translation and intepreting
Certified translations of official documents into Czech
Czech conference interpreting
Czech face-to-face inerpreting
Czech telephone interpreting
Translator of Program synopses and descriptions into Czech
National Geographic and Discovery TV
Specialisation and subjects of my previous experience as a translator and interpreter include legal, business, company training materials, market research, medical research, technical documents, certified translations of official documents, marketing, web sites, scripts and narratives, TV program descriptions and translating National Geographic and Discovery TV guide every month since 2007.
Working with translation memory tools Trados and SDLX Studio 2009
Membership of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting
Professional indemnity insurance
Translating from Slovak into English
I grew up in the former Czechoslovakia and have excellent understanding of spoken and written Slovak. I translate documents from Slovak into English and on many occasions provided interpreting for Slovak speakers.
employment law, Manches Solicitors LLP
Correspondence executive - customer services department
global investment management company Invesco Perpetual
Interpreting English - Czech, English - Slovak
I provided interpreting services to various types of clients on a wide range of topics. Besides consecutive interpreting at face to face meetings I frequently provided interpreting over the telephone and Skype. This work has included:
• Interpreting for Czech senators during their 3-day visit in the UK (meetings in the House of Lords, Ministry of Transport, DEFRA and the Royal Agricultural College in Cirencester)
• Business negotiations between manufacturers and importers discussing the terms and conditions of business representation and dealership of products (both at face to face meetings and over the telephone)
• Negotiation between a Czech manufacturer and UK energy supplier regarding supplies of containers and packaging for storage and transport of dangerous substances
• Negotiation of potential co-operation of a Czech coaching business with UK training organisations and academic institutions
• Staff training courses including health and safety training at construction sites
• Interpreting for solicitors, barristers and their Czech or Slovak speaking clients
• Interpreting for a film editor, music composer and film director at a film post production studio
• Telephone interpreting for Peugeot helpdesk (3 years) responsible for technical problem solving during repairs and maintenance of passenger vehicles
DPSI qualified interpreter
• Public service interpreting for the British courts, police, government organisations and healthcare providers. I am a DPSI qualified interpreter and since 2001 have done over 1500 hours of public service interpreting.
• Interpreting for NHS and other health care providers both medical and mental health (working with many UK based translation agencies - Essex interpreting, Languageline, Sally Walker Lagunage Services, Choice Languages, Legal and Technical Translations Ltd.)
On many occasions I have provided simultaneous whispered interpreting during court hearings.
I also have experience of simultaneous interpreting in conference settings using an audio sound booth and attended a crash course in conference interpreting at the University of Leeds in 2008.
Translating, proofreading and checking of subtitles, film narratives and scripts
Previously I translated subtitles for TV documentary programs, narratives of animated films, checked subtitles of the feature film "The Prince of Persia" and translated and proofread scripts and narratives of corporate training videos and online tutorials for voiceover recordings.
Researching, extracting information and writing summaries
When clients do not need a word-for-word translation of lengthy documents but just a brief summary of a document or a web site I extract and translate the main points.
Web site localisation and writing web site content in Czech and English
I have translated and written the content for several web sites and have good knowledge of online marketing, search engine optimisation and the best use of keywords within web site content.
Copywriting in Czech and English
I have written content for brochures, leaflets, advertising slogans, business correspondence, email newsletters, articles for newspapers and also training course materials in both Czech and English.
As a translator, I have used my knowledge of NLP and found that it has resulted in several benefits including...
probate and tax planning department, Mercers Solicitors
Administrative assistant - Road haulage company, Czech Republic
Various work in the catering and hotel industry in the Czech Republic, UK and Austria
Certified Czech translations of official documents
Milada Cogginsova Zajickova is listed a s a supplier of translation services with the Consular and Visa section of the Ambassy of the Czech Republic in London.
Offering Certified translations of official or legal documents from English to Czech and from Czech to English:
Birth certificate with an Apostille
Marriage certificate with an Apostille
Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage
Decree Absolute, Article 39
Power of Attorney
Extract from the Criminal Records Register, Police check certificates
Certificates of professional competence, Qualification and education certificates
Certificate of citizenship
Certificate of name change by a Deed Poll
If you require any information about where to send your documents to have them legalised by an Apostille or how to order a certified translation which is accepted by the Czech Consulate, the Special Registry Office in Brno or any other auhorities in the Czech Republic please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07789060482
Qualifications & Certifications
Oxford University Continuing Education
University of Leeds
Teaching Adult Learners
City & Guilds
English Language and Literature, History, Business Studies, Sociology
The Henley College
General Legal Principles
Institute of Legal Executives
University of Cambridge
Russian, German, Economics and Accountancy
Hotel Management School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more