Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
Professional management consultant offering 15 years of experience in initiating and transforming educational institutions as well as providing specialized objective advice with the aim of maximizing growth and improving business performance.
Rich in functional Skills and areas of impact in Critical thinking | Problem-solving | Change Management I Organizational skills | Creativity: Out-of-the box thinking I Cross-functional team management I public lecture presentations
Proficient in computer-aided teaching,Good interpersonal and communication skills,Ability to work collaboratively and complete work before deadlines
Functional Skills And Areas Of Impact Include: Critical Thinking | Problem-Solving | Change Managem
Functional Skills and areas of impact include:
leadership I Critical thinking | Problem-solving | Change Management
Organizational skills | Creativity: Out-of-the box thinking
Public relations management | Cross-functional team management
Uganda Management Institute
June 2013 - May 2014
Lecturer of Public Policy,Human Resource Management,Management Skills,Customer Care and public relations and Research methods
District Education Officer
Mbale District Local Government
Coordinate activities of departments in the Sector.
• Spearhead Planning and budgeting for the sector.
• Provide technical guidance to district council on all education al matters for proper functioning.
• Carry out management of human resource issues in education sector
• Do mobilisation and sensitisation of stakeholders on educational matters.
• Networking development partners for purposes of support for sector activities
• Generating and disseminating sector reports to inform decision making in District Council, District Technical Planning and other stake holders on status of affairs in the sector.
• Dissemination of educational policies
• Managing public relations for the sector for enhancing good corporate image.
• Initiated and networked development partners for the establishment of an IT centre for teachers' skills development.
Caretaker Principal School of Hygiene, Mbale
Care-Taker Principal School
Headed all management issues of the institution.
• Supervised and supported the teaching team.
• Spearheaded Planning & budgeting for the school.
• Managed staff and students' welfare for performance improvement.
• Coordinated school activities with ministry.
• Implemented ministry of Education and sports policies
• Mobilised resources for smooth running of the school.
• Successfully managed stakeholders' expectation for school stability.
District Inspector of Schools-Team leader
Headed inspectorate team.
• Carried out School Inspection and supervision for compliance with government policy.
• Did planning and budgeting for inspectorate department.
• Planned and conducted teacher staff development.
• Assessed community needs and identified new sites for schools establishment.
• Provided technical support and guidance to educational institutions.
• Supported school managers and mobilised other stakeholders for improved participation in school activities.
• Regularly disseminated inspectorate reports to stakeholders
• Advised the D.E.O on the matters of promotion and improvement of education in the district.
• Reviewed PLE field conduct risks and presented a comprehensive evaluation report with recommendations for PLE management and improvement in Mbale District
• Conducted departmental staff training session, provided hands-on support and supervision for PLE scouts and invigilators in effective and efficient administration of PLE.
Was accounting officer for the school
Seven Hills College
Prepared school budgets and workplans for discussion by the board
• Managed staff and students' welfare
• Maintained school plant and machinery
• Monitored and supervised teaching -learning processes
• Managed national examination at the school examination centre
• Mobilised, sensitised and reported back to parents matters of school progress
• Coordinated with City Education Office as well as Ministry of education and sports on matters education policies
• Held other employees to deadline
• Was Secretary Board of Governors
UACE Geography paper two
• MS Word 6, Excel, PowerPoint Windows 2007 & Access
• Very good communicator
• Research skills
• Good interpersonal and analytical skills
• High public relations skills
• Trainer Of Trainers
Mengo Senior School
• Head Of Department Geography
• Class teacher S6 West
• Class Teacher S5 South
• Teacher S5 and S6 Geography Paper one and three.
District ICT Hub, Early Grade Reading project
1.In the interest of getting more district and education sector staff into the world of IT to make work-life easy, i wrote a project proposal that earned the district a 50,000 pound sterling worth of an ICT centre housed at education office building,Mbale
2. Recognising the low literacy levels in the district and convinced that learners' attainment levels are significantly determined by the proficiency in literacy, through a project proposal , i was able to attract for the district a $126,000 worth of an Early Grade Reading improvement project.
Qualifications & Certifications
UGANDA MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE
Bachelor Arts Education
LAW DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more