I am a highly skilled graphic, web and interactive designer with exceptional collaborative and team skills, excellent written and verbal communication abilities, highly skilled in client and vender relations and talented at building and maintaining “win-win” relationships. I am a passionate and inventive creator of innovative marketing strategies and campaigns.
I have many years of experience working in deadline-driven environments with an emphasis on working within client budget requirements with proven experience in art direction and many years of client experience that included Fidelity, IBM, Philips, The Wall Street Journal, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Joslin Diabetes Center, MIT Museum, The Congressional Medal of Honor Museum, Plimoth Plantation Museum, Boston South Station, Massport, Logan Airport, Major League Baseball, AIDS Walk Boston and The Boy Scouts of America.
Member of AIGA, SEGD, Society for Environmental Graphic Design, NAPP, National Association of Photoshop Professionals. Received Editor’s Choice Award from NAPP and samples of my work were published in Photoshop User magazine.
Samples of my work can be viewed on my portfolio site:
Visual Design Consultant
• Thought leadership and creative direction for user experience design projects.
• Supervision of quality assurance and usability assessment.
• Client presentations and creative briefs.
PROFESSOR GRAPHIC DESIGN
for the Information Design and Corporate Communication program, Design Consultant for Bentley User Experience Center
Courses taught; Web Design, Advanced Web Design, Fundamentals of Visual Communication, Advanced Visual Communication, Environmental Graphic Design
Graphic Design, Web Design, Print Design, Interactive Design
From January 2001
Art Direction, Graphic Design, Web Design, User Experience Design
• Conceptualized and executed web based solutions to enhance user experience and interface functionality.
• Managed multiple international brands simultaneously while maintaining brand standards.
• Worked with agile project teams to ensure projects are effective and on target with goals and client expectations.
• Responsible for overseeing design solutions from concept to wireframes to quality assurance through execution.
• Member of AIGA, SEGD, Society for Environmental Graphic Design, NAPP, National Association of Photoshop Professionals, samples of my work were published in Photoshop User Magazine
INTERIM CHAIR / ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR GRAPHIC
New England Institute of Art
Created the Environmental Graphic Design concentration. Courses taught; Adobe CS5: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Environmental Graphic Design, Web Page Authoring, Digital Illustration, Flash, Digital Imaging, Digital Illustration 2, Fundamentals of Design, Concept Development, Motion Graphics for Broadcast and Web, Advertising Design, Senior Portfolio and Internship Seminar, BluePrint Studio the Graphic Design Studio/Honors Program
MUSEUM EXHIBIT DESIGN:
I have created interactive and User Experience design for the following museums: Congressional Medal of Honor Museum, Plimoth Plantation Museum, Visitor Center at the Hoover Dam, Visitor Center at the Harry S. Truman Dam, Franklin Institute, Lincoln Park Zoo, Primate Research Facility, Lockport, Erie Canal Museum, Ralph Stanley Blue Grass Music Museum, Machu Picchu web site for Peabody Museum of Natural History at Yale University, Libby Dam & Albeni Falls Visitor Centers - US Army Corps of Engineers, Exploration Place, Wichita, Kansas - Crumbine's Clues, Erie Maritime Museum - The Battle of Lake Erie
Creative Director, Interactive Services
• Managed full service creative department for print, web, and presentation services
• Designed web sites for clients that included Master Card and American Express.
• Designed award winning interactive presentation DVD for company's largest client.
• Created e-commerce solutions for online business strategies that developed new clients and increased company revenue.
• Developed and managed online brand identity for corporate clients.
• Developed full service interactive packages that included CD-ROM, interactive PowerPoint, and web site design and development.
• Developed strategic concept design for web, CD-ROM interactive, digital design and animation for clients that included: IBM, Fidelity Investments, Dana Farber, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Philips and the Wall Street Journal.
• Successfully completed $500,000 to million-dollar corporate contracts with extremely tight project deadlines.
• Developed and managed business-to-business PowerPoint presentation service that created new business opportunities and increased revenue for the company.
• Developed strategic concept design for web, CD-ROM interactive, and new business presentation design
• Worked closely with clients to develop long lasting relationships that increased client revenue
• Excellent communicator that built, motivated and directed design and production teams
• Coordinated freelance designers, consultants and vendors to meet all project requirements within estimated budgets and deadlines.
• Managed department operational strategic, financial, quotes / bids, staffing, deadlines and administrative functions.
• Worked closely with print and promotions department to create consistent corporate Brand Identity PR packages.
• PowerPoint presentation design, Print Design, Web design, Brand Identity, Museum Exhibit Design, Motion Graphics, Advertising and Marketing for a variety of corporate and commercial clients.
• Successfully designed and managed graphic design projects from concept through completion. Created print design, web design, Brand Identity, Museum Exhibit Design, Motion Graphics, Advertising and Marketing for a variety of corporate and commercial clients that included; WBZ-TV4, WCVB-TV5, Studio 5 Productions, Hearst Broadcasting Productions, Boston Productions, WGBH, WGBHKids, Joslin Diabetes Center and Dana Farber Cancer Institute.
• Product and brand Identity package design for Major League Baseball, NHL, PGA, NTA
• Created award winning web site for Joslin Diabetes Center
• Designed series of posters for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
* Designed Museum Interactive Educational experiences that were displayed in museums across the country
* Lead designer for "The Popular Mechanics Show" that aired on the Discovery Channel
* Created award winning design for museum documentary, shown at the Peabody Essex Museum
* Created motion graphics for Studio 5 Productions corporate clients
* Designed motion graphics for WCVB-TV5 Pilot show "Up All Night"
• Assisted Executive Art Director in managing a 7-person design department for print and on-air graphic design.
• Strategic concept design and art direction for final production of on-air graphics and motion graphic animation.
* Designed show opens and broadcast packages for new programs.
* Graphic and motion graphic design for news, special programs and on-air promotion.
* Art directed and designed station on-air brand identity packaging.
* Developed design and final production for on-air motion graphics, news packages, show opens and Boston Marathon graphics package.
* Managed full time and freelance design staff.
* Worked directly with print and promotions department to create consistent on-air design packages.
* Designed and managed on-air brand identity package and style guide for NBC affiliate station.
• Design and production of broadcast design and motion graphics for TV stations, advertising agencies, and corporate clients that included; New England Toyota, Jordan's Furniture and The Boston Herald.
• Art direction for broadcast and commercial video production.
* Worked with a variety of clients that included, The Boston Herald, New England Toyota and Jordon's furniture.
* Strategic concept design and production for digital post effects.
* Set design, audio, pre and post production.
* Graphic design and motion graphic design for corporate training video production.
* Art directed and produced graphics and animation for WBZ-TV4 promos.
Art Director, Computer Graphic Designer
• Worked in the department of New Product Development for Consumer Electronics.
* Lead designer for new game concept development.
* Graphic and animation design for consumer electronics division.
* Final production for print and digital animation.
* Art direction of packaging and product development.
* Graphic design and animation for Frogger, Ewok's Adventure, and 007 James Bond video games.
* Art Director, game concept design and package design for CLUE-VCR.
Qualifications & Certifications
Mass College of Art
Boston University, School of Liberal Arts
Educational Media and Technology
Boston University, School of Education