Millwright, Welder, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Machining, Electrical
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Owner / Developer
Constructed a multi-family complex from start to finish. Oversaw and participated in the entire project from planning, service installation, construction to the finish carpentry. As part of this business, I hired and managed numerous contractors plus my own crew.
Canoe Sawmill Division
Conduct the installation, regular maintenance and shift maintenance of the sawmill
equipment, as well as ongoing modernization projects.
• Entrusted to align, maintain and troubleshoot all the latest equipment the sawmill industry has to offer, including a Coe Newnes, S/L2500 small log processor and Coe Newnes, double length infeed twin band canter.
• Extensive experience with the latest in hydraulic components, including servo valves, proportional valves, temposonic linear actuators, pumps and motors.
• Attained limited knowledge of Hydraulic-Electrical interface, PLC controls and HMI programming.
• Extensive experience in pneumatics, including compressors, valves, cylinders and plumbing of both pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
• Extensive welding and fabricating experience
• Machinery installation and setup, preventative maintenance, routine maintenance and running maintenance have all played a large role
Rogers Foods Ltd., Armstrong, BC
Assisted with completing the installation and on site engineering of the grain handling and cleaning equipment in a major expansion. Designed and plumbed the complete pneumatic system for the new building as well as various welding and fabricating jobs.
C&C Wood Products, Quesnel, BC
Production shift maintenance and shutdown maintenance millwright on their inline sawmill and moulder, planer, including the maintenance and troubleshooting of the hydraulic system, pneumatic system, 16 " VK barker, automatic stackers, canter/scragg saw, 2x4 edger, board edger, chipper, planer/moulder and various types of conveying systems.
Pinette & Therrian Mills Ltd., Williams Lake, BC May
Summer relief on the weekend maintenance shift, and production maintenance relief in the Stud and Dimension Mill operations
• On weekend maintenance, expanded my knowledge in all facets of P&T's dimension and stud mill operations, including, chasing whistles, maintenance of the Ukiah edgers, tie edgers, head...
Gibraltar Mines Ltd
, worked in the Concentrator, Crushing Plant, Concentrator Weld Shop, Plant Weld Shop and Plan Department, which included Crane Maintenance, Pit Crusher and Belt Maintenance, and maintenance in the new Solvent Extraction Electro-Winning Plant.
• Gained experience in the full maintenance and installation of centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, air compressors (CIR, compare and Broomwade), overhead cranes (Demag, Kone and Munk), gear boxes, hydraulic systems, belting (cord and ply), Hydrastroke feeders, Allis Chalmers Hydracone crushers, rod and ball mills, flotation units, centrifuges and pipe fitting, and extensive welding and fabricating experience
• 3 months in the Concentrator Weld Shop, 6 months in the Pipe Shop and 3 months in the Plant Weld Shop.
• Certified in the Millwright trade on February 5 1988.
Gibraltar Mines, McLeese Lake, BC
Hired as a Mill Helper, worked up to tailings maintenance crew, then to Shift Helper and Tailings Operator.
Qualifications & Certifications
College of New Caledonia
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more