Chief Executive Officer
Summary: More then 10 years of experience in leading the Finance function in order to ensure an effective development of the company value: acting as business partner, building strategic relationships, collaborates across functions providing guidance and advice, always focusing on operational excellence and results, manages effectively using superior communication skills and building successful teams, strong entrepreneurial profile acting as change agent due to expertise gain with Startups companies and M&A.
Specialties: Business strategy and business planning, Corporate Finance, Accounting, Tax and Treasury, Controlling, Financial analysis, Human Resources, Mergers & Acquisitions.
Industries: Consulting, Retail, Publishing, IT, Marketing services/ Internet.
GROUP CFO (CEE Region - 8 countries)
KOLEKTIVA GROUP (Retail online/ Marketing;200 FTE's; 22 mil eur turnover)
February 2013 - September 2013
* Business partner: Manage effectively together with the CEO Group's affairs; Serves as a negotiation partner for major deals. Actively involve in building Group Strategy, provides leadership in building financials of strategic objectives; Performance management: designs and supervises management reporting process to provide fast and accurate information on business performance; design and implementation of relevant KPI's and benchmarks at Group level; design and implementation of Bonus schemes for top managers.
* Statutory reporting and communication to external stakeholders: provide timely and accurate reports and analysis of actuals, budgets, financial trends and forecasts. Responsible for defining and implementation of reporting packages and consolidation of Group figures under IFRS; coordinates audit process at Group level.
* Finance Team management: manage all Finance resources and make sure resources are adequate to tasks in order to provide the best quality service. Build successful teams, coaches for development, motivates high performance.
* Policies, procedures and methodology: create knowledge base, work on methodology, make sure proper internal controls and risk management procedures are in place and make sure work is done according to the same standards all over the Group.
* Liquidity and Treasury Management: manage cash flow of the Group; manages investor relations, raises additional investment funds for new business initiatives. Tax management: design efficient tax strategy in line with fiscal regulations in order to optimize Group tax burdens.
* M&A: participate in acquisition processes, including financial due diligence and funding. Assure fast integration of new Group member with Finance structures and implementation of Group standards.
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
ASSECO SEE Romania (IT: hardware reseller & software; 180 FTE's; 35 mil eur turnover)
October 2009 - January 2013
Responsibilities and achievements:
* M&A: responsible for financial and organizational support in the acquisition processes; coordinate merger projects and supervising the implementation of company's compliant structures in the newly acquired companies.
* Business Support / Partnership: Member of the Management Board, responsible with management of big contracts with outside vendors; ensures timely and accurate managerial reports, analysis of financial performance for the leadership of the Company; financial and coordination support in all departments and fully responsible for the operational management of G&A Function (Finance and Accounting, HR, Purchasing and Logistics).
* Business Planning: directly involve in defining business strategic objective, business developments plans; coordinates budgeting process and operational plans; project cards approval for all projects above 25k eur.
* Financial management: keeping the company's accounts accurate and up-to-date and set/adheres to accounting principles under Applicable Law and IFRS; sets up and oversees corporate risk management policies and exposures and internal and external audit arrangements; establishes and reviews all internal financial controls; works with the banking community to develop additional capital funding and lines of credit.
* Merger project of the 3 companies acquired in Romania (Net Consulting, Fiba Software and Probass) under Asseco SEE name, including the integration within the corporation framework (designing and implementing corporate rules in all essential aspects as finance and accounting, controlling, HR, operations, marketing). Later on, the corporate guidance in terms of policies and procedures was design after Romanian model and implemented in the other SEE countries. Design and implementation of Bonus schemes and the Evaluation system for all G&A functions.
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
WOLTERS KLUWER RO (Publishing - online software; 44 FTE's; 2 mil eur turnover)
October 2005 - October 2009
Responsibilities and achievements:
* Financial management: responsible for the financial administration and reporting in line with IFRS and WK corporate governance principles; direct contact for the local auditors as well as for internal auditor of the Group.
* Business Planning: responsible for the quality of the Business Development Plan as well as the annual Budget process and forecasting.
* Business Support / Partnership: active member of Management team in charge with performance management, particularly focusing on key performance indicators and forward looking trend analyses. Offered support and guidance in all departments: Sales & Marketing, HR and other company related projects.
* M&A support: support the process starting with analysis if acquisition targets, due diligence and post acquisition admin tasks (financial reporting standardization as well as the implementation of corporate rules and guidance).
* Organization and people: establish the most optimal finance organization to support business strategy. Effective relationships with line management of the company. Teaming with accounting department.
* I was leading the merger project - both admin and operational merger - of the acquired Romanian companies (EON and Editura Rosetti) - meaning combining the 2 businesses (the software developer and the publisher) into one under Wolters Kluwer name and implementing corporate rules in all functions. The process was successful, followed by exceptional performances - yearly organic growth above 25% in 2006-2008 with significant increase in margins.
Financial Director Assistant
BRICOSTORE ROMANIA (Retail chain, 4 stores, 200 FTE’s, 84 mil eur turnover 2005)
September 2001 - October 2005
• Assisting the financial director in building and managing financial function; I was named Project manager for ERP implementation & development (financial-accounting modules). Chief accountant responsibilities (2002-2003) being in charge with performance of bookkeeping, financial statements, tax declarations as well as managerial accounting. Financial controller (2004-2005) responsible for reporting and controlling, making budgets and forecast, trend analysis and relevant reports used for management decisions. Manage yearly audit process and bank relationships.
• As second employee hired in finance department, I was actively involve in building the financial and accounting team, PM for ERP implementation & development; fully involved in designing and implementing all financial and accounting procedures & policies. Actively involved in the opening of first 4 Romanian stores and first Croatian establishment. As ERP project was recognized being successful in Romania, I was named responsible at Group level for guidance/trainings when it came to ERP and financial policies.
ROMCONTEXPERT (Accounting, Audit & Tax Consultancy)
July 1999 - June 2001
* Financial statements; Tax declarations and tax consultancy; Payroll; Monthly reporting and financial analysis for managers and shareholders; performed audit tests; company establishment.
* In less then 2 years I was fully responsible for financial statements & reporting of 4 major clients + supporting the auditing department when need it. Major advantage was that I learn about various business models from different industries and got familiar with consultancy approach.
PM (student projects)
March 1998 - June 1999
ANGHEL SALIGNI COLEGE
October 1996 - July 1997
Qualifications & Certifications
BSMB Romanian –Canadian MBA Program
Economic High School Tulcea
Finance & Accounting / Master in Financial and Fiscal Audit